Virginia Tech

Advertisement
The man has lost 2 games by a total of 8 points. One to a team that won 11 games last year and a division title and one that won a NC two years ago. We have had questionable TD's against us in both games. The refs are not Miami's friend in case you haven't noticed. How would you like to be Georgia at this time? They just lost to Vandy. It's easy to see that most of our fans didn't go to Miami because you're not very smart or you just don't know football.

We lost two games we had no business losing. UGA never won anything except once, so the comparison is silly. Mark is not a social climbing net hot coach. He is supposed to be established top end coach from SEC and a offensive star. He also is alum and knows full well he had to beat fsu this year. There is a problem with his offense despite coming into year with establish QB expected to go 1st round in draft. Defensive staff flicked the switch with same basic players for worst defense in UM history to looking like boys of old. Offense went the opposite way. There is a problem.

Defense scored two TDs against GT or maybe we lose that game. If they scored one in each of the last two we win -- does Mark's offense NEED defense to score to win against teams we should beat? I am an alum so I must assume that I just don't know football, unless of course UM students are not as smart as in my day.

For the year, the defense has given up a total of 3 points in the 4th quarter.
It hasn't been pretty at times, but all considered, they're getting it done.
For that reason, we will be in all of the 'tough' games we have left on our schedule, including this one.

Good job on jinxing our defense for thursday

We have Thomas, D-Jax, Patchan and Willis likely out. Our defense is mangled at the moment. We moved Dobard over to DE today. This game is on Richt and the offense for once to outscore the opponent.

I believe that Richt will make some adjustments and they will get it done Thursday night.If we win, we are 5-2 and still in it.

Logged in just to neg

Go fug yourself you soft shouldered ****. Guess that the truth hurts... you must be one of the one's that I am talking about.

So the guy complaining about all the complaints is fed up? Here is some advice, don't visit any boards after losses. Nothing is going to change.

For that reason, we will be in all of the 'tough' games we have left on our schedule, including this one.

Oh yeah, I'm good at puttin' the whammy's on a good thing.
VT has given up a total of 3 points in the 4th quarter at home this year.
That will balance everything out for sure.

What I was going to add to that was, sooner or later, the O has to bail out the D.
I can't be this Thursday because it's doubtful the O will take 2 steps forward in 5 days.

Advertisement

What I was going to add to that was, sooner or later, the O has to bail out the D.
I can't be this Thursday because it's doubtful the O will take 2 steps forward in 5 days.

I'm not so sure. Obviously the O won't change drastically, but I don't think it has to. If the OL picks up 4 more blocks, Kayaa throws one better pass, 2 WR don't drop the ball, and a RB breaks a tackle, we should win. Seriously, that would have been enough to have won the last two games. May sound like a lot of things, but they should all be quite achievable.

I'm not so sure. Obviously the O won't change drastically, but I don't think it has to. If the OL picks up 4 more blocks, Kayaa throws one better pass, 2 WR don't drop the ball, and a RB breaks a tackle, we should win. Seriously, that would have been enough to have won the last two games. May sound like a lot of things, but they should all be quite achievable.

Believe me, I'm rooting for this offense to bust out.

We just played, arguably, the 2 best teams on our schedule.
With the mo', we beat FSU if we make the XP.
As you noted against UNC, a play or 2 either way changes the outcome.

I think the offensive can take 1 step forward by correcting some things. That will be enough for the win assuming the D continues to play well.

I just don't think we can outscore them if the defense falls flat on their face.

We can now pen-in a Miami 52-46 win in OT.

Advertisement
The new white jerseys are clean af tho...

new-miami-uniforms-vide-775x465.jpg

The man has lost 2 games by a total of 8 points. One to a team that won 11 games last year and a division title and one that won a NC two years ago. We have had questionable TD's against us in both games. The refs are not Miami's friend in case you haven't noticed. How would you like to be Georgia at this time? They just lost to Vandy. It's easy to see that most of our fans didn't go to Miami because you're not very smart or you just don't know football.

We lost two games we had no business losing. UGA never won anything except once, so the comparison is silly. Mark is not a social climbing net hot coach. He is supposed to be established top end coach from SEC and a offensive star. He also is alum and knows full well he had to beat fsu this year. There is a problem with his offense despite coming into year with establish QB expected to go 1st round in draft. Defensive staff flicked the switch with same basic players for worst defense in UM history to looking like boys of old. Offense went the opposite way. There is a problem.

Defense scored two TDs against GT or maybe we lose that game. If they scored one in each of the last two we win -- does Mark's offense NEED defense to score to win against teams we should beat? I am an alum so I must assume that I just don't know football, unless of course UM students are not as smart as in my day.

I'll say your correct...you just don't know football. Georgia and MR averaged 10 wins per season for 15 years while he was the HC. Did you think MR was going to walk in here with a magic wand and some fairy dust and all of a sudden, poof, these Al Golden/Mark D'onofrio 3 stars were going to turn into 5 star studs. The 3 stars we had here when Golden was here were splintered down to 2 stars, 4 stars down to 3 stars and so on. Chad Thomas, a 5 star, had one sack in 2 full years of STARTING. If Golden was our coach still, which I'm assuming you wish, we may not have beaten FAU, would've for sure lost to App. State and GT. FSU would've blown us out of the stadium. Remember Clemson, I do, I was there, just like every home game. Give the man a year or two before you call for his head...he is going to get it right or he will probably take himself out of coaching. He won't steal the paycheck like Al would still be doing.

Just stop running the ball every first down, throw the ball to open up the run game, not the other way around.

Advertisement

I'll say your correct...you just don't know football. Georgia and MR averaged 10 wins per season for 15 years while he was the HC. Did you think MR was going to walk in here with a magic wand and some fairy dust and all of a sudden, poof, these Al Golden/Mark D'onofrio 3 stars were going to turn into 5 star studs. The 3 stars we had here when Golden was here were splintered down to 2 stars, 4 stars down to 3 stars and so on. Chad Thomas, a 5 star, had one sack in 2 full years of STARTING. If Golden was our coach still, which I'm assuming you wish, we may not have beaten FAU, would've for sure lost to App. State and GT. FSU would've blown us out of the stadium. Remember Clemson, I do, I was there, just like every home game. Give the man a year or two before you call for his head...he is going to get it right or he will probably take himself out of coaching. He won't steal the paycheck like Al would still be doing.

Where in there world did you concluded I wanted Golden to still be HC? Guess I was right, UM students are not smart these days, but I am glad you made it all the home games.

Advertisement
There is no way this **** on offense is getting turned around on a short week. What did they practice 2 days? No enought time and of course happens at the worst time possible when the offense is a dumpster fire lacking any kind of fire or ingenuity. I don't see different formations and how do you redesign a game plan or minimum add different looks on 2 days practice? What is Richt holding back plays for VT?

Hopefully they can address it before ND but this week? Doubtful expect the same **** with a Thurs game.

We have Thomas, D-Jax, Patchan and Willis likely out. Our defense is mangled at the moment. We moved Dobard over to DE today. This game is on Richt and the offense for once to outscore the opponent.

I believe that Richt will make some adjustments and they will get it done Thursday night.If we win, we are 5-2 and still in it.

:stephenahand:

:stephenahand:

Yes, we are still in it if we win. We break a 3-way tie with UNC and VT because of division record.
UNC is certainly capable of losing to GT or NC State at home.

The problem, other than a few ifs, is that our "toss-up" game list has expanded.
NC State, Pitt (is back on that list) and some would even argue Duke.

IMO, only UVA and Duke are the only ones not on that list at this time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back