Virginia Tech (Game 1) 7pm ACCNX

Canes lose 5-3. Stupidity induced missed opportunities, Federman’s meatball phase, and an offensive coma were the stories.

Advertisement
It’s the same stuff every single year that costs us games. I hope we pull the series out but I’m really tired of the mental lapses year after year

Why would you let Jenkins hit there. He has absolutely no power and not shockingly softly grounds out to end it. Bad performance all around...atleast they weren't booting balls all over the infield like last week.

Canes lose 5-3. Stupidity induced missed opportunities, Federman’s meatball phase, and an offensive coma were the stories.
If I’m searching for positives, Garland did good work and the defense was better (Del Sr’s dive excluded)

Advertisement
Embarrassing tonight! VA Tech baseball came in and beat us didn't think they even had a team? Really guys get your **** together!

has tony jenkins ever gotten a hit??

(asking for a friend)
He sprinkles in some weak singles here and there. If he keeps playing balls in center like he did tonight on that one at the warning track I dont see why Dimare wouldn't considering giving Born a shot

Before tonight we had won 11 in a row against them, so unfortunately they were due to win one at some point. That being said we need to swing early in the count a lot more often. We take wayyyyy too many pitches.

Advertisement
This sure looks like the same team we have seen the last few years, easily fooled at the plate, sloppy in the field and abjectly stupid on the bases. I'm an eternal optimist and expect things to improve as the season progresses.

GO CANES!!!!

Before tonight we had won 11 in a row against them, so unfortunately they were due to win one at some point. That being said we need to swing early in the count a lot more often. We take wayyyyy too many pitches.
It feels like every mistake pitch our guys make is hammered and every mistake pitch their guys make is a called strike two.

Lots of work to be done with this lineup.

You can’t have 4 of the first 5 be LH. It sets up for nights like tonight where VT loads up all their lefties.

I still think you can’t have Lala/Vilar 1/2. You can choose 1 at the top but not both. Somebody has to hit 9.

ADC has to stop fouling off pitches in good hitting counts. He did this last year too. Fouling off a 3-1 FB over the plate only puts you in a worse spot 3-2. If you are the best hitter in the country, you need to murder those 3-1 pitches. Start doing it.

Gil and Toral are what they are but Gil has to make teams pay for all the LH matchups. He failed tonight.

Advertisement
Lots of work to be done with this lineup.

You can’t have 4 of the first 5 be LH. It sets up for nights like tonight where VT loads up all their lefties.

I still think you can’t have Lala/Vilar 1/2. You can choose 1 at the top but not both. Somebody has to hit 9.
This. It hasn’t made sense to me from the moment they all stepped on campus. Jenkins isn’t an all American but move him up in order and move vilar down. Their statistics are far too similar for you not to move the righty with speed up in lineup. If vilar was a speedster out of left handed batters box I would have no issue with it, but he’s not.

Last edited:
I’d give Born a run in CF tomorrow night in place of Jenkins to see if the fall offensive MVP can add a spark to the lineup. Not really a benching Jenkins thing as much as seeing what you have early in the season. Could be in place of Lala instead to get another righty in the lineup, but I think Lala looks a little more comfortable at the plate in addition to being more dynamic on the bases.

Advertisement
We gotta get Pitelli in the lineup. He looked comfortable at the plate last weekend. Gil hasn’t done enough and provides no protection behind Toral. He gets up in way too many big spots and fails time and time again. Do we not have a decent infield coach on staff to teach Morales or Pitelli to play third?

Batters are way too passive. looks like they all go to bat looking for a walk!!!!
Garland should be the starter and Federman a possible reliever.
The **** infielders need to stop playing hopscotch after they field a grounder and just throw the **** ball!!! They make easy plays look close.

It feels like every mistake pitch our guys make is hammered and every mistake pitch their guys make is a called strike two.
It's just an illusion since the guy who mostly gets shelled is Federman and he's started half of our games so far and was the pitcher of record in both of our losses.

Advertisement
Back