Virginia series

Nice start by Cabezas today. 8 Ks and 1 run though six. Our starters were really good this weekend. The bullpen has been too for that matter. The staff will be looking even better once McMahon gets healthy. As long as we can find a way to score an extra run or two every game we have a chance to compete in the ACC. We need to make sure we find a closer too.

Advertisement
Nice to see Romy get his bat going a little bit this weekend too. A few extra base hits. We'll need that from him, especially as long as Reyes is out and the young guys are still growing up.

Great pitching all three games. Let's keep it up.

Lets hope after that embarrassing meltdown vs FAU last Wednesday that something or someone lit a fire under their asses.

Solid sweep vs a quality ACC opponent and nice job by pitching holding them to 3 total runs over the 3 game set

Nice to see Romy get his bat going a little bit this weekend too. A few extra base hits. We'll need that from him, especially as long as Reyes is out and the young guys are still growing up.

Great pitching all three games. Let's keep it up.

Yeah, some really great pitching performances the entire weekend. I'm still holding out hope that as the freshmen gain some experience we catch fire as the season progresses. But I'm also prepared to have my heart broken by a barrage of sac bunts.

Great job today finishing off the sweep. Cabezas was almost as good as McKendry, and really seems to have settled into the Sunday role. He probably could have gone 7 if this wasn’t his 2nd start.

The formula seems to be great pitching, decent enough hitting (team BA is now .257 for the season, .286 in ACC play), and shooting ourselves in the foot as little as possibly defensively. Getting Romy back at third and the more mobile Gil at first has been a big help.

Amditis did some of the bullpen catching this weekend. Hopefully we see him as the DH against the Marlins on Tuesday. I’ll be interested to see who the starting pitcher is for that game. I’d probably go with Cloonan.

Advertisement
I always hated the move of Cabezas to the bullpen. I'm glad to see him settling in as the Sunday starter. If Veliz and McMahon can get on track, our pitching staff can be elite.

Just finished watching all three games on replay - team showed a lot of heart after that demoralizing game vs FAU. Now please win the next several midweek games guys. I like how Federman and Cabezas have looked in their starts thus far - going after hitters and keeping the pitch count down.

Advertisement
I haven’t really been on top of the baseball team this year so what happened to torral? Did he get hurt?
Don’t think so. He never got going offensively, and even though it didn’t show up in the stat sheet he’s a massive liability at first. He was particularly bad defensively on Wednesday before being benched.

Yeah, some really great pitching performances the entire weekend. I'm still holding out hope that as the freshmen gain some experience we catch fire as the season progresses. But I'm also prepared to have my heart broken by a barrage of sac bunts.
Interesting stat by pointed out by the game analyst (forgot his name) during the game today. He stated that Miami is 207th in sacrifice bunting while Virginia was #3 and Oregon State (#1 ranked team) was #8 in sacrifice bunting So, as much as fans don't like it, it's winning baseball. Given the lack of power in the Canes offense, they should be sacrifice bunting a lot more.

Don’t think so. He never got going offensively, and even though it didn’t show up in the stat sheet he’s a massive liability at first. He was particularly bad defensively on Wednesday before being benched.

Dam i hope he can get it together the kid has major talent

Advertisement
I could see Toral DH some vs RH pitching, as Perez has struggled since his hot start. But as scane mentioned, he's a project at 1B and we can't afford that right now. That's what the offsesson is for.

I think they showed what they’re capable of when they play well. And they really still had room for improvement. If they can just duplicate that for the rest of the year then we should avoid any road sweeps and should win every home series, with the occasional sweep. If they can continue to actually get more consistent then they could be a solid team for the postseason.

Advertisement
HE IS 10-63 WITH 26k'S.

And Perez is 1 for 17 in conference play with 8 strikeouts. Sort of a frick and frack choice right now if Morris decides to stick with the lefty DH vs RH pitching.

They might both be benched when Amditis and Reyes return.

Reyes should be back for Clemson or Pitt. Amditis should be back any day now.

It'll be interesting what they do with Amditis when he's healthy. Quinones has been getting on base more consistently than anyone else somehow.

Advertisement
Back