Virginia Post Game Plus/Minus

Advertisement
+ It has cemented Al Golden's fate as the next linebackers coach at Don Bosco Prep

- It should've been Golden strapped to a stretcher and not Herb.

Bad situational spot. Worse game planning and effort.

This was James Coley's most inept game. When the opponent figures to have more energy and desire than you do, the way to counter it is raw muscle, to deflate them on the ground. Somehow Coley brainstormed to come out passing. Unbelievable. I virtually gave up as soon as I saw that. If you have no intention of hitting the rested desperate team, they'll rotate forward and lose all respect for you, attacking your formations and backfield.

It was a bad sign when the spread got bet down to -3.5 late today on the offshore sites, after being -6.5 all week. As I've mentioned, the sharp guys tend to take the situational advantage even further than the original adjustment. Virginia was already credited with the bye edge, and also the fact that the Canes figured to be deflated after the demoralizing loss to Florida State. Once a major betting group decided there was still plenty of margin for error and pounded Virginia, I didn't like our chances. The big moves by those groups have been getting there in college football.

I hated that I didn't have a piece of it. At least I had Florida State last week. Last season when the Canes were in an atrocious situational spot against Virginia Tech I had the Hokies plus a touchdown. This time I was wary of this matchup but didn't profit at all.

The game itself is not particularly difficult to take. I don't think we are coming all the way back. The posters here who rant the loudest are the ones who continue to grasp national championship expectation. IMO, that is long gone. I suspect ongoing variance in this range, the 7 to 9 win range. Varying details that don't matter a heck of a lot. Once we gave up the Orange Bowl and accepted a bland facility nearly an hour away I concluded that we have no idea what we are doing, and programs that have no idea what they are doing are favored to be occupied by flawed coaches and players.

The sky is not the limit with Brad Kaaya. Never assign too much credit after a defeat. That should be well known and accepted by now.

At least we looked like the Canes. I would have preferred white pants. And my other allegiance USC was every bit as pathetic. Tonight I can choose between ridicule of Al Golden here or Steve Sarkisian on those boards.

Advertisement
Smart move not going to the game Dan. It was a freezing dumpster Fire. I just knew we were gonna lose. Players just didn't want to be there.

Advertisement
I noticed that the "official" Canes Youtube only has a piece of the post game presser.

Only the part where they are talking about Herb's status and no one knows anything.

They are going out of their way to protect Gorldy.

Advertisement
Back