Virginia (Game 2) 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Unless we’re happy being a 2/3 seed, this team has to pick up some sweeps. There are enough games in the system now, so splitting series will keep us right where we’re at.

Unless we’re happy being a 2/3 seed, this team has to pick up some sweeps. There are enough games in the system now, so splitting series will keep us right where we’re at.
We missed a huge chance to gain ground today. Outside of GT, who plays later tonight, the entire top half of the ACC lost. This was a moving weekend for us and we blew it.

We missed a huge chance to gain ground today. Outside of GT, who plays later tonight, the entire top half of the ACC lost. This was a moving weekend for us and we blew it.
Just win tomorrow and keep winning ACC series (even if all 2 - 1) and mid-week games, and let the chips fall. Outside of UL, the ACC looks pretty competitive but not Omaha quality to me.

Advertisement
Just win tomorrow and keep winning ACC series (even if all 2 - 1) and mid-week games, and let the chips fall. Outside of UL, the ACC looks pretty competitive but not Omaha quality to me.
I don’t think we can beat GT or Louisville in a series, if we don’t get extremely hot. Just winning every other series and losing if not being swept those two, will equal being on the bubble for us.

And I like how people were trying to sell FSU and Pittsburgh as upper echelon teams. They are 1-3 combined this weekend against Va Tech and Wake.
I can’t stand fans who make excuses for everything and don’t hold players and coaches accountable. It’s very typical. People are in total denial about their team.

Advertisement
I don’t think we can beat GT or Louisville in a series, if we don’t get extremely hot. Just winning every other series and losing if not being swept those two, will equal being on the bubble for us.

at this point, I don’t think we can beat most dade county high school teams. This program is garbage

at this point, I don’t think we can beat most dade county high school teams. This program is garbage
I’m not gonna say that, but most on here are in denial as they were two years ago, about where we are as it pertains to the postseason. It’s time to wake up and smell the horse s***

Advertisement
I can’t stand fans who make excuses for everything and don’t hold players and coaches accountable. It’s very typical. People are in total denial about their team.
I find it hard to blame the players at this point. The president, and the BoT could care less. The AD is inept, but as we know as long as there is ACC revenue the three entities are not motivated to do anything.

We see the same mistakes happening across our sports and we see failure in each. Who would have bet that by 2021 the football team would not have won an ACC Championship? Morris disengaged for a few years and it reflected on the team. Rather than being asked to step down or reassigned, he is given a victory lap further driving the program into the ground and building a culture of failure we cannot seem to shake, unless leading the NCAA in errors is a great accomplishment. Gino is proving to be a failed coach continuing the failed trajectory of the end of the Morris career. Manny for a burned out Richt, and now players bailing on the basketball team as Larranaga has long worn out his welcome.

We can blame the players, and I'm sure there is blame there, but when you do not provide real leadership and coaching it is hard to put the spotlight on them. This program has no excesses for it's failure to win, except for a lack of desire at the top to win. Anything else, cost, youth, non producing upper classmen, not having fun... is just kidding yourself to the fact that the top does not care enough to provide the best possible for the players.

Let’s be crystal ******* clear, this team is underachieving. Period! This team is talented enough to go to Omaha.
Our mental mistakes are a reflection on the coaches.

Advertisement
Let’s be crystal ******* clear, this team is underachieving. Period! This team is talented enough to go to Omaha.
Our mental mistakes are a reflection on the coaches.
Outside of Palmquist and Rosario, I don’t really see a pitching staff of Omaha caliber even if the other things improve to preseason expectations. Mederos isn’t quite ready and Wanger/Arguelles are fine but not great. Smith and McFarlane are really the two you can point to as underachieving but overall it’s just kind of meh.

I find it hard to blame the players at this point. The president, and the BoT could care less. The AD is inept, but as we know as long as there is ACC revenue the three entities are not motivated to do anything.

We see the same mistakes happening across our sports and we see failure in each. Who would have bet that by 2021 the football team would not have won an ACC Championship? Morris disengaged for a few years and it reflected on the team. Rather than being asked to step down or reassigned, he is given a victory lap further driving the program into the ground and building a culture of failure we cannot seem to shake, unless leading the NCAA in errors is a great accomplishment. Gino is proving to be a failed coach continuing the failed trajectory of the end of the Morris career. Manny for a burned out Richt, and now players bailing on the basketball team as Larranaga has long worn out his welcome.

We can blame the players, and I'm sure there is blame there, but when you do not provide real leadership and coaching it is hard to put the spotlight on them. This program has no excesses for it's failure to win, except for a lack of desire at the top to win. Anything else, cost, youth, non producing upper classmen, not having fun... is just kidding yourself to the fact that the top does not care enough to provide the best possible for the players.
Your point is valid to a degree. At the end, players are competitors so they should be held accountable, as well. Too much talent on this team to struggle this much.

Gino is a retarded fat loser for not trying a new batting order. Federman, McFarlane, Smith is the rotation I'd like to see vs ASU.

Gino is a retarded fat loser for not trying a new batting order. Federman, McFarlane, Smith is the rotation I'd like to see vs ASU.
He tried Fed to start the season and he got shelled every Friday night. AMac/Smith/PickAGuyFromAHat looks like our best option. I will say it again. This pitching staff is BRUTAL.

Advertisement
Back