Virginia (Game 2) 1pm ACCNX

Advertisement
I hope scane wasn't clairvoyant with his comparison to Slade - don't want Victor to throw in a crooked number inning every start and be lights out the rest.
He does it seemingly every week

Advertisement
I think not being able to command pitches is a bigger issue than needing Tony Jenkins in there to catch balls hit off the wall.

Also seems like the type of ball Lala got to in CF as a freshman
Both Lala and Jenkins make that play. It's not CDC's fault. He's not a center fielder. He's out of position. It's just the decision to go with bats over defense. It is what it is

I would have preferred he work through it also vs leave on that note after how well he pitched the first 4 innings.
I mostly wanted to save a little more of the bullpen for tomorrow but maybe Smith isn’t in the plan and eats the rest of the game

Advertisement
That might be curtains. O’Connor is stretching this kid out for 8 innings. We needed to put something together right there to get to the bullpen.

Advertisement
He does it seemingly every week
Doesn’t tend to be this kind of crooked number of course, but looking through the box scores to make sure it isn’t recency bias, he gives up runs and gets pulled with relatively low pitch counts in the 5th or 6th inning in most starts. Most analogous is his NC Stare outing where he was pulled with 54 pitches in the 5th.

Advertisement
National Weather Service has an 80% chance of rain in Charlottesville tomorrow between 2pm and 7pm. 90% before 11am.

Advertisement
Back