Virgina Tech Goes Down

I’ll be honest. I know our fans say this every year, but even in only year one with this staff, I think it rings truer than it has in a LONG time: if we can’t run through this putridly weak Coastal, then we simply have a much, much longer way to go than even the most negative fans might have thought.

This is coming from someone who genuinely thought the Coastal would largely be improved this season. Maybe these teams will make massive improvements over the season, I don’t know.

The only real competition Miami should have is Virginia, and MAYBE Pitt, who barely scraped by a West Virginia program that finished under .500 last season.

/rant 🤷🏼‍♂️

Advertisement
We only consider making a tears thread if a team that has actually won a ncaa team national championship in a sport.

For those that don’t know, fun fact - VT and Kansas State are the only 2 P5 schools to have never won a team national championship in any sport.

But they used to be prepared for it:

1662202192091.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is Tech’s M.O. Ugly loss early. Everyone laughs and forgets about them. They quietly win some games and end up right in the thick of the Coastal race come November. They’ve done it many times.
Yep. VT needs to quit scheduling cup cakes for their first game because they lose every year to one. SSDD for them

My favorite photo from last night…

ODU now 2-0 at home vs VT and 2-1 the last 3 years.

Attachments

• 781D997D-FBC6-46F5-B343-6B7AA60AE241.jpeg
    781D997D-FBC6-46F5-B343-6B7AA60AE241.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 25
Advertisement
I love to tell my VT friends that their National Championship trophy case is easy to clean…one wipe

Advertisement
Right behind FSU it’s VT for me. Absolutely hate them and last night was amazing

Advertisement
Back