Pro Wrestling Vintage Wrestling

423Hurricane

I’m Well On My Way
Premium
I’ve seen him there. I also saw Flair lose a belt. The 1st one I ever went to when I was really young had guys like Pak Song and Dory Funk Jr wrestling. I think Dusty too.
My cousin and I saw Big Dust at the MBCC in the mid 70’s. Can’t remember who he “wrestled” but I do remember him pulling something from the waistband of his trunks, raked it across his forehead, and the blood started flowing. We laughed our asses off.

Advertisement
I was one of those kids and I think @insaneinthecane was too. Another one of those kids who was in my class was Norman Smiley who became a pro wrestler.
Man!! I can smell that AC when I think of running around in the MBCC on Wednesday nights when I was a jit! The wrestler’s were always hanging in the back interacting with us kids and always staying in character. Rocky Johnson was a regular and was always super cool. But nobody made that place erupt like Big Dust!! Good times fo sho! Went to school many a Thursday without a voice!

Same here. The Briscoes, the Grahams, all of the Championship Wrestling from Florida guys in that era.

PettyPotableCaterpillar-max-1mb.gif

Advertisement
Man!! I can smell that AC when I think of running around in the MBCC on Wednesday nights when I was a jit! The wrestler’s were always hanging in the back interacting with us kids and always staying in character. Rocky Johnson was a regular and was always super cool. But nobody made that place erupt like Big Dust!! Good times fo sho! Went to school many a Thursday without a voice!
That’s how I met Ric Flair before he lost a belt. He was hanging in the back and my friend and I were talking to him. Andre the Giant too I’m pretty sure.

They were in Allentown weekly at Allentown Fairgrounds. It was awesome watching them play cards, etc in between matches back then. Still remember seeing the Rock out all the time going to high school up here before joining the U.

They also all hung out at the George Washington Motor Lodge, which is no longer standing, after matches. Snuka got in some trouble there. Wrestling was the best back then. Pipers Pit, etc etc etc

Gordon Solie was the heart of the NWA how he kept the same straight faces during these wrestlers rants is beyond compare.

Saturday afternoon 3:00 sharp never missed NWA

HEY did anyone here run out to the front yard and do the figure four and the sleeper LOLOL ??

GOCANES

I used to put my younger sister in the figure four death lock right after Solie signed off of the Saturday CWF episode with his signature salute while saying "So long from the Sunshine State".

Advertisement
Gordon Solie was the heart of the NWA how he kept the same straight faces during these wrestlers rants is beyond compare.

HEY did anyone here run out to the front yard and do the figure four and the sleeper LOLOL ??

GOCANES
The bionic elbow.

The bionic elbow.

There was no more gruesome a situation for a wrestler in CWF than when his forehead was in the grip of Pak Song's "The Claw".

Most opponents had to concede the pain was too intense and the damage too severe to continue.

The referee also had trouble communicating with the young South Korean that his opponent had conceded. Even the bell ringing 50 times didn't get Song to release the hold. It sometimes took several other wrestlers to beat down Song to release "The Claw".

Often, Song would lose the match by disqualification for not releasing the claw. This allowed superstars like Briscoe, Muraco
and Rhodes to retain their title belts.

In most cases the opponents cranial area was a Crimson Mask.

59e95937300dd53af69dd4d1c897a5d1--sports-stadium-florida.jpg

Last edited:

GOCANES

"Good night and watch out for flying chairs"

1658697170307.png

Advertisement
My brother and I used to put couch cushions on the living room floor then leap off the back of the couch or wood stove doing Koko B Ware moves or acting like the Rock n Roll Express. Usually ended in a double clothesline and some blood.

My brother and I used to put couch cushions on the living room floor then leap off the back of the couch or wood stove doing Koko B Ware moves or acting like the Rock n Roll Express. Usually ended in a double clothesline and some blood.
That Ghost Buster though

Reminds me of the Ghetto Blaster and Bad News Brown

Advertisement

GOCANES
Actually, it wasn't NWA at 1st .....Solie commentated on Championship Wrestling from Florida (CWF) from 1960 until 1987

GOCANES
As I got older and realized what was really going, the genius of Gordon Solie became apparent. How he never broke character is amazing.

There was no more gruesome a situation for a wrestler in CWF than when his forehead was in the grip of Pak Song's "The Claw".

Most opponents had to concede the pain was too intense and the damage too severe to continue.

The referee also had trouble communicating with the young South Korean that his opponent had conceded. Even the bell ringing 50 times didn't get Song to release the hold. It sometimes took several other wrestlers to beat down Song to release "The Claw".

Often, Song would lose the match by disqualification for not releasing the claw. This allowed superstars like Briscoe, Muraco
and Rhodes to retain their title belts.

In most cases the opponents cranial area was a Crimson Mask.

View attachment 200477
The sports stadium eventually became the Eddie Graham Sportatorium. What a dump. Went a couple of times and then years later went to the WWF events at the Orlando Arena. I owed a gym in Orlando and all the wrestlers came in to train. Free wrestling tickets all the time!

Advertisement
Back