Vintage Sebastian runied [OP upset over a Tweet re: a "modernized" throwback Sebastian logo]

Advertisement
Thanks for posting, never knew it was really Sebastian "himself" that axed the pipe.

Routh is a Canes legend so I can't even be too mad.

Thanks for posting, never knew it was really Sebastian "himself" that axed the pipe.

Routh is a Canes legend so I can't even be too mad.
It was a different time. People believed kids were impressionable and seeing smoking made them want to do it. It's a good thing they discovered how wrong that was when they started talking about taking guns and violence out of TV, movies, and video games.

Advertisement
My understanding is that per NCAA regulations, no logo can contain any reference to tobacco products. Zero chance it ever comes back.

It's a ******' corncob pipe. I'd be fine if we had soap bubbles coming out of it, if it would help us to get it back.

People making some big assumptions that there's "tobacco" in Sebastian's pipe...sad...

Advertisement
My understanding is that per NCAA regulations, no logo can contain any reference to tobacco products. Zero chance it ever comes back.
Not only that, I'm fairly certain there can't be tobacco products at any NCAA games. I worked in athletics and I remember an NCAA rep telling the baseball grounds crew they couldn't smoke in a publicly unseen part of the ballpark. Agreed, zero chance the pipe comes back.

It's a ******' corncob pipe. I'd be fine if we had soap bubbles coming out of it, if it would help us to get it back.

People making some big assumptions that there's "tobacco" in Sebastian's pipe...sad...
I agree , don’t shoot the messenger. It’s stupid but hey, it’s just another example of pc culture that USA seems obsessed with.

Advertisement
I agree , don’t shoot the messenger. It’s stupid but hey, it’s just another example of pc culture that USA seems obsessed with.

Sorry, man, I would never be mad at you for being the messenger, my words were directed at the NCAA.

They allowed an actual Confederate (and the Confederate battle flag) for longer than they allowed a corncob pipe. I'm fairly certain that the Confederacy killed more people than cancer.

And can someone remind me of the lyrics to "Frosty the Snowman", which comes on TV every Christmas?

Advertisement
OP is off to a strong start in 2024.

Please keep it in mind when he gets nominated again for 2024 and where he finished in the standings.

Fraggle will be retired so vote better next year…

Thread '****2023 CIS AWARDS: The Matt Lee WTF Are We Doing Award ****'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2023-cis-awards-the-matt-lee-wtf-are-we-doing-award.189894/
It’s a disgrace to fraggle and his legacy to put OP in the same league.

OP doesn’t deserve an an award for anything.

Advertisement
Back