Vinny Testaverde

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rambo wants those fatigues and the bush hat back - was a bad idea.

Was the greatest idea in UM history and will be talked about until the end of time. And will never be tried again either. Lol.

Over the years I have come to finally forgive Vinny for that night in 1986. For years I thought he was on the take with some of those interceptions he threw. That said, that was one of the most memorable years for UM and it put us on the map as a program. The 1986 team has a place in not only UM history but in college football history even though they didn't win the title.

Advertisement

Attachments

• 59035637-4B71-47B4-A6B7-F381900DD1A2.jpeg
    59035637-4B71-47B4-A6B7-F381900DD1A2.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 2
Vinny was awesome

IF you were building a QB from the floor up Vinny would be the end result

I've forgiven him long ago .....especially after I finally got the nerve to watch the game again.

We had many other chances to win and made some bad decisions. So all blame shouldn't be placed on him.

IF you want THE BEST EXAMPLE of beating yourself that game is it

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm still a little salty over that psu game.

Go Canes!!!!!
Salty over that game AND the one the year before in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. We spent a fortune on that game just to see that horror show. Only chance I ever got to see one of our (supposedly) good teams. To me it was just the SOS....like the '70s. Epic suckfest. Vinnie is far from being my favorite Cane. Million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.

Vinny was awesome

IF you were building a QB from the floor up Vinny would be the end result

I've forgiven him long ago .....especially after I finally got the nerve to watch the game again.

We had many other chances to win and made some bad decisions. So all blame shouldn't be placed on him.

IF you want THE BEST EXAMPLE of beating yourself that game is it
THAT is something we seem to excel at, no matter the coach or players.

Advertisement
Was the greatest idea in UM history and will be talked about until the end of time. And will never be tried again either. Lol.

Over the years I have come to finally forgive Vinny for that night in 1986. For years I thought he was on the take with some of those interceptions he threw. That said, that was one of the most memorable years for UM and it put us on the map as a program. The 1986 team has a place in not only UM history but in college football history even though they didn't win the title.
I never really blamed Vinny for that loss. I blamed JJ for getting beat by the same frigging game plan two years in a row and losing two NCs. Run the ball ten more times inside the 20 and we win. Heck he could have just went for FGs on first down inside the 25 and won.

Salty over that game AND the one the year before in the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. We spent a fortune on that game just to see that horror show. Only chance I ever got to see one of our (supposedly) good teams. To me it was just the SOS....like the '70s. Epic suckfest. Vinnie is far from being my favorite Cane. Million dollar arm with a 10 cent head.
10 cent heads don't spend 22yrs in the NFL with more TDs and Passing yds than 3 HOF QBs...

Advertisement
Back