Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

Advertisement
If you have a PC that can run Cyberpunk, I haven't had any graphical problems.
I promise you. I have one that can run it. The performance is all over the place. 3090s should chew up and spit out games at 4K. I have tested games at 4K, 240 FPS, max graphics. It’s Cyberpunk. It’s unpolished and incredibly buggy. Still a great time so far though. I am running a Katana stealth build with a suppressed sniper rifle and a suppressed bull pup SMG for backup. If they fix the glitches, bugs and performance it’ll be a brilliant game in a month or so. The story is great. As it should be, CD knows how to do that really well.

Lohse is my typa lady. Beautiful and just a little demonic.

For some reason I never liked sebille. Reminded me of a girl fenris until the end lol
Sebille is how my girlfriend is and she’s appropriately playing Sebille in our play-through so it’s a kick and a half for sure xD Lohse is a lot like me so it works really well! Fenris from Dragon Age was it?

Advertisement
I promise you. I have one that can run it. The performance is all over the place. 3090s should chew up and spit out games at 4K. I have tested games at 4K, 240 FPS, max graphics. It’s Cyberpunk. It’s unpolished and incredibly buggy. Still a great time so far though. I am running a Katana stealth build with a suppressed sniper rifle and a suppressed bull pup SMG for backup. If they fix the glitches, bugs and performance it’ll be a brilliant game in a month or so. The story is great. As it should be, CD knows how to do that really well.
I have a Vega 64 @1440p no issues, certainly not a 3090. Have you updated your drivers?

Sebille is how my girlfriend is and she’s appropriately playing Sebille in our play-through so it’s a kick and a half for sure xD Lohse is a lot like me so it works really well! Fenris from Dragon Age was it?
My wife won't play anything with me unless its crash bandicoot or sonic lol

And yeah the edge lord slave with a heart of gold and lyrium markings, that's fenris! or sebille! Lol

My wife won't play anything with me unless its crash bandicoot or sonic lol

And yeah the edge lord slave with a heart of gold and lyrium markings, that's fenris! or sebille! Lol
Well said and yeah, they do sound pretty similar. Unsurprising and if you are going to ape or be inspired by a character, DA isn’t a bad place to pull from... I met my girlfriend back on WoW in 2010 but I was like 16 back then so we haven’t pulled the trigger on anything more serious yet ^^ but I know how lucky I am that she loves to play (or watch) almost anything. Also for those wondering, I talked to a rep at CD Projekt and they said they are ‘gathering all the feedback and have several patches (most major) in the pipeline to fix audio, visual, performance and gameplay bugs’ but did not give me a timeframe for when these will roll out. They also said that they are delaying their multiplayer standalone so they can focus on not having these same bugs in that release as well.

Advertisement
I have a Vega 64 @1440p no issues, certainly not a 3090. Have you updated your drivers?
Oh yeah. Updated to the one from the 9th. I have a feeling it’s a setting I will have to tweak anc it might be a card specific issue. Do you have everything on max or have you adjusted some settings?

I have been playing phasmophobia again lately with some friends. I plan on getting cyberpunk but a bit disappointed with all the negative reviews.. it was one of the very few games (maybe the only) I was looking forward to this holiday season. Any idea if it would run better on ps4 or Xbox one? I have both, not sure if one is having better results. There’s always good deals in the month of December on games so if anyone knows any good story games on sale let me know. Honestly debating playing red dead 2 again, one of my favorite games since probably my middle school days.

Did anyone beat the cod Cold War campaign? Is it any good? I regret buying that game but had a fun 2 weeks at least

Advertisement
Well said and yeah, they do sound pretty similar. Unsurprising and if you are going to ape or be inspired by a character, DA isn’t a bad place to pull from... I met my girlfriend back on WoW in 2010 but I was like 16 back then so we haven’t pulled the trigger on anything more serious yet ^^ but I know how lucky I am that she loves to play (or watch) almost anything. Also for those wondering, I talked to a rep at CD Projekt and they said they are ‘gathering all the feedback and have several patches (most major) in the pipeline to fix audio, visual, performance and gameplay bugs’ but did not give me a timeframe for when these will roll out. They also said that they are delaying their multiplayer standalone so they can focus on not having these same bugs in that release as well.
I took off almost all the "cinematic effects" and. I think its pretty crisp now.

I have been playing phasmophobia again lately with some friends. I plan on getting cyberpunk but a bit disappointed with all the negative reviews.. it was one of the very few games (maybe the only) I was looking forward to this holiday season. Any idea if it would run better on ps4 or Xbox one? I have both, not sure if one is having better results. There’s always good deals in the month of December on games so if anyone knows any good story games on sale let me know. Honestly debating playing red dead 2 again, one of my favorite games since probably my middle school days.
That game is a riot with mates. Cyberpunk just needs time in the wild. Rule of thumb in video games; graphics and performance of those graphics are easy fixes. Gameplay loops are not. Cyberpunk has a very good gameplay loop (if you like Fallout/Outer Worlds/Deus Ex style combat) so it just needs time for patches. I would not recommend picking it up until New Years or so but I will update here as they roll patches for what they fix. Oh also, if any of you are curious (and don’t lie, I know you are) the bug for nudity being censored in the world is because in CD’s infinite wisdom they managed to mistakenly code that part of the game as being the Japanese client so the naughty bits are covered by granny panties. Just another in the long line of Bethesda-style bugs they will have to fix but absolutely hold off right now. It’s a really fun time marred by awful bugs, glitches and optimisation issues.

I took off almost all the "cinematic effects" and. I think its pretty crisp now.
Oh I did that from the start. Still cannot durable bloom though and every time I drive out from a tunnel I think I am about to go knock on the pearly bloody gates. No, I think it’s to do with crowd density and some of the more unique graphical settings (those are usually not industry standard so they don’t get as thorough of a workout by the QA and playtesters).

Advertisement
That game is a riot with mates. Cyberpunk just needs time in the wild. Rule of thumb in video games; graphics and performance of those graphics are easy fixes. Gameplay loops are not. Cyberpunk has a very good gameplay loop (if you like Fallout/Outer Worlds/Deus Ex style combat) so it just needs time for patches. I would not recommend picking it up until New Years or so but I will update here as they roll patches for what they fix. Oh also, if any of you are curious (and don’t lie, I know you are) the bug for nudity being censored in the world is because in CD’s infinite wisdom they managed to mistakenly code that part of the game as being the Japanese client so the naughty bits are covered by granny panties. Just another in the long line of Bethesda-style bugs they will have to fix but absolutely hold off right now. It’s a really fun time marred by awful bugs, glitches and optimisation issues.
I will get it around Christmas time so maybe there will be some sort of patch by then. I have never been big on graphics, sure it’s a bonus, but I care more about the story and gameplay. I love fallout so I’ll probably like cyberpunk if it’s similar in terms of gameplay and graphics. I didn’t know about the nudity haha, I know very little about this game tbh.. just the little I saw from trailers looked interesting. I’m most afraid that it won’t run on my ps4/Xbox one.

I will get it around Christmas time so maybe there will be some sort of patch by then. I have never been big on graphics, sure it’s a bonus, but I care more about the story and gameplay. I love fallout so I’ll probably like cyberpunk if it’s similar in terms of gameplay and graphics. I didn’t know about the nudity haha, I know very little about this game tbh.. just the little I saw from trailers looked interesting. I’m most afraid that it won’t run on my ps4/Xbox one.
It will run but I am not guaranteeing it will run well. I have, from the start, said it’s more Deus Ex than Fallout. However it feels like Fallout because of the weapons on offer, the ability to hack and unlock things and enemies, being able to spec to improve things that have really nothing to do with the combat at all. Honestly it feels kinda like the old school RPGs from the 90s, Baldur’s, Fallout 1 and 2 as well as some of the more recent love letters to those titles such as the aforementioned Divinity, Wasteland, Disco Elysium. One word of warning is that, much like something closer to those games, your weapons seem to have a accuracy roll attached to them and if you don’t have points in accuracy, you suffer penalties. Think old-school BioWare (DA Origins, KOTOR and Mass Effect 1)

Advertisement
Back