Off-Topic Vidja Games...Whatcha playin'?

The one thing I do love about a high end gaming pc is multiple monitor support. Can play a game on one screen, have the fins game on another and my ole lady can stream project runway in the living room.

I have also not paid for a ufc fight since I built it and always in high def. That's almost paid for it.

Advertisement
It's dynamic and changes to a picture of sebastian too. It was soooo buggy. Crashed all the time, nothing like being 40 man raid deep and game crashed. Amazingly it was usually during a healer run.

Man i just trashed my 2014 naga for a g502 hero. I love it. Best mouse I've ever used.
Wow that is so awesome! I usually take screenies from whatever game I am playing and use those as my backdrop! As for the bugs with it, that really sucks... Unfortunately anything that runs scripts like that Microsoft or even the game that you are playing can decide it needs those resources, the priority struggle ensues and something (usually the program) loses... Friend of mine had that for weeks with ‘Wallpaper Engine’ and I finally had to tell them to uninstall it if they wanted stability whilst gaming again xD as for the mouse? I swear by my Razer. I have had that thing since my days playing 3s arenas in WoW so... When it eventually breaks I will replace it but I have had it for going on 10 years now?

The Dr. Disrespect twitch thread showed there's enough losers like me still playing video games. The FFVII remake is the best I played all year. Was anyone else as thoroughly disappointed with Last of Us Part II as I was?

I’m about 9 hrs through TLOU2. I’m at the point where Ellie goes off on her own after getting to the theater. I really have no urge to continue playing but I have to grind through it before Ghost of Tsushima comes out next Friday. I just don’t see myself picking it up again after that because Madden drops next month, followed by Avengers, Cyberpunk, the other sports games, then the PS5.

Wow that is so awesome! I usually take screenies from whatever game I am playing and use those as my backdrop! As for the bugs with it, that really sucks... Unfortunately anything that runs scripts like that Microsoft or even the game that you are playing can decide it needs those resources, the priority struggle ensues and something (usually the program) loses... Friend of mine had that for weeks with ‘Wallpaper Engine’ and I finally had to tell them to uninstall it if they wanted stability whilst gaming again xD as for the mouse? I swear by my Razer. I have had that thing since my days playing 3s arenas in WoW so... When it eventually breaks I will replace it but I have had it for going on 10 years now?

It was also evga's in game software that caused a lot of the problems too. I sore by my naga too. It started having sticking issues so I went to best buy to get a new one. I didn't like the feeling of the trinity and wondered if the magnetic connections would wear over time. The g502 is beast. I can change dpi settings with one button and it has 11 programmable buttons. While its not laid out 1-10 it gets pretty easy to use. The customizable weights are great too.

I wouldnt pay the extra 100 bucks for the lightspeed though. I'm gonna try 76 this weekend for the first time just based on your recommendation lol

If it sucks you know where I'm coming!

The one thing I do love about a high end gaming pc is multiple monitor support. Can play a game on one screen, have the fins game on another and my ole lady can stream project runway in the living room.

I have also not paid for a ufc fight since I built it and always in high def. That's almost paid for it.
Oh yes, absolutely. The convenience of multiple monitors is a godsend for things like video editing and multitasking for sure! I set up my iPad when I watch anything, including football so I am a bit lazy in that way =D and to reply to what you said regarding King? Oh my GOD I am so excited to hopefully watch him! So thrilled about this offseason thus far. I know a bunch of Miami fans, you guys are everywhere, it’s awesome! I became a fan of Miami when Mark Richt became the head coach. I was fortunate to meet him a few times at UGA and one of my really good friends played for UGA under him so when he (Coach Richt) went to Miami, I became a fan and then when my friend went to Jacksonville, he told me all these amazing stories about Calais Campbell and I wanted to become more invested in the football program last just cheering on Coach Richt!

Advertisement
It was also evga's in game software that caused a lot of the problems too. I sore by my naga too. It started having sticking issues so I went to best buy to get a new one. I didn't like the feeling of the trinity and wondered if the magnetic connections would wear over time. The g502 is beast. I can change dpi settings with one button and it has 11 programmable buttons. While its not laid out 1-10 it gets pretty easy to use. The customizable weights are great too.

I wouldnt pay the extra 100 bucks for the lightspeed though. I'm gonna try 76 this weekend for the first time just based on your recommendation lol

If it sucks you know where I'm coming!
Hey now! I am just saying what I am playing. I love Fallout, I am a huge more nerd for it so I cannot get enough of it! If you have played Fallout before then you’ll know what to expect. It’s got its lumps for sure but it’s a big old school style of RPG just like the others but 76 has other players so that attracts me. If you haven’t played 4? Please play that one first! Ideally play some of the older ones but ugh, some games just do not age well and Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are fantastic examples of that... Please don’t rip me too hard if you don’t end up liking the series though, it’s not for everyone!

After talking to @OBLIVION and @Dhatguy i decided I was going to build a gaming pc but I’m going to wait until sometime after the next gen drops. I’m want to see how much of an improvement the jump to next gen is before I do. The biggest selling point for me is the modding ability. The AI in sports games these days are horrible but you can get a great simulation 2k or madden with mods.

Last edited:
G series so Logitech then? I really heard they have stepped up their game with peripherals so if my mouse ever goes I will certainly look into the Logitech series based on what you are saying. Having the ability to change the weight does sound really nice for FPS vs RPG vs RTS where you need different stroke lengths and velocity alongside the DPI.

Yea, Angry Joe usually just likes the sound of his own screams.

My main problem was playing as Abby for so long. I didn't mind Joel dying or even learning about Abby's motivation. But making me play for 10 hours as Abby when all I wanted was to get back to playing as Ellie really didn't sit well with me.
Yeah I get that. It’s definitely a divisive game. I hated playing Abby at first but eventually found myself not even missing playing as Ellie. I thought the island story was great. What impressed me the most about the game was when they fought I didn’t want either of them to kill the other. I can’t remember a game or movie that made me experience both sides like that.

Advertisement
Hey now! I am just saying what I am playing. I love Fallout, I am a huge more nerd for it so I cannot get enough of it! If you have played Fallout before then you’ll know what to expect. It’s got its lumps for sure but it’s a big old school style of RPG just like the others but 76 has other players so that attracts me. If you haven’t played 4? Please play that one first! Ideally play some of the older ones but ugh, some games just do not age well and Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are fantastic examples of that... Please don’t rip me too hard if you don’t end up liking the series though, it’s not for everyone!

I'm a huge fan just never got into 76 after the initial debacle. If you zoom in on the top of my tower you will see a familiar friend.

After talking to @OBLIVION and @Dhatguy i decided I was going to build a gaming pc but I’m going on to wait until sometime after the next gen drops. I want to see bow The biggest selling point for me is the modding ability. The AI in sports games these days are horrible but you can get a great simulation 2k or madden with mods.
That’s very wise. The next group of cards will be something special at almost every level, I can promise you that. Plus that will give the 8-9th gen Intel processors or the threadrippers time to come down a little more in price if you don’t want to break your bank. RAM will also drop more, it’s already pretty cheap but it’s becoming less important as well so you can save some money there too! CPUs are almost always one of the things you can go a bit older on without much penalty because games today add heavily GPU focused, mostly due to the underwhelming and slower clock speeds of console onboard CPUs. Even the PS5 and XSX have vastly superior GPUs compared to their CPUs I think I read somewhere that the CPUs are clocked to 2.7 ghz? That might be outdated though, I will have to check again to be sure.

Yeah I get that. It’s definitely a divisive game. I hated playing Abby at first but eventually found myself not even missing playing as Ellie. I thought the island story was great. What impressed me the most about the game was when they fought I didn’t want either of them to kill the other. I can’t remember a game or movie that made me experience both sides like that.
The weird thing is, my favorite moments of the game (aside from Ellie's flashbacks) are as Abby. Everything about getting medical supplies for Yara crossing rooftops, descending the apartment building, the Rat King in the Hospital, and the part where you go to the Scar island is my favorite part of the game. Just the visual of riding on horseback with whole place on fire and death all around you was pretty insane.

After talking to @OBLIVION and @Dhatguy i decided I was going to build a gaming pc but I’m going to wait until sometime after the next gen drops. I’m want to see how much of an improvement the jump to next gen is before I do. The biggest selling point for me is the modding ability. The AI in sports games these days are horrible but you can get a great simulation 2k or madden with mods.

Mods really are where its at. And not a new to the gaming world at all. I remember playing a yu-gi-oh starcraft mod and many counterstrike mods back in the day. The battle royal genre got its big kick in the *** from a mod. More customization for sure.

Advertisement
I'm a huge fan just never got into 76 after the initial debacle. If you zoom in on the top of my tower you will see a familiar friend.
Oh wow I totally missed that! I am so dumb for not seeing him. That is so cool! And trust me, I know... I had the collectors power armour edition purchased and I got screwed out of it somehow... One day the preorder was valid, the next it was not... As for 76? It’s absolutely a fallout game now. It was before but it just had such a major identity crisis that finally Bethesda seems to have solved. NPCs and multiple major quest lines are in the game, the Brotherhood is coming back starting in September... I’ll just link you the seasons roadmap they put out with Wastelanders. It tells the tale; https://images.ctfassets.net/rporu9...4eb3106752fd13/F76_2020_Roadmap_FULL-SIZE.png

Mods really are where its at. And not a new to the gaming world at all. I remember playing a yu-gi-oh starcraft mod and many counterstrike mods back in the day. The battle royal genre got its big kick in the *** from a mod. More customization for sure.
Isn’t that the truth... I recall people talking about DayZ’s mod that became PUBG and even back then, while I hated it, I knew it would become something crazy popular because of the design decisions. It takes some of the best Moba elements and combines them with a survival shooter. It’s brilliant, truly and started as many popular genres today do... With PC mods for existing titles.

I’m about 9 hrs through TLOU2. I’m at the point where Ellie goes off on her own after getting to the theater. I really have no urge to continue playing but I have to grind through it before Ghost of Tsushima comes out next Friday. I just don’t see myself picking it up again after that because Madden drops next month, followed by Avengers, Cyberpunk, the other sports games, then the PS5.
I'd recommend getting through it if you can make time. It's definitely a unique experience. It just makes some narrative choices that didn't work for me.

Advertisement
Just picked up playing new Vegas again and destroyed that. Now I’m playing a similar game in outer worlds which is pretty nice actually
Obsidian sure can make some incredible RPGs. They still hold a top 5 on my list with KOTOR 2... New Vegas and Outerworlds are outside of that but easily in my top 25! I am really looking forward to seeing them get another chance with a big name franchise like they did with Fallout and Star Wars before!

Advertisement
Back