Video proof: we need safeties to step up this year!

Bad play. Epic bad. Move on. Every db gets burned or misses a tackle once in a while, its up to him to show he's better than that. I hope he is.

yeah its beyond beating a dead horse at this point. i doubt he freezes up like that this year. Really expecting improved play from Rodgers back there.

Advertisement
I think it is pretty obvious that he was thinking big hit when you should have been going for the ball, that is why he slowed down. My guess would be that he was trying to time the big hit and I would be willing to bet as soon as that play ended he knew he should have just taken the pick. Now the question (because we do need him) can he learn from it and improve? does he do it again? that is how you tell if someone is learning from their mistakes. Until he slowed down he really played that well. Good luck to him.

It was a terrible play for sure, but anyone who didn't think we needed S by just looking at the depth chart is an idiot. I have a feeling K. Rodgers will be better this year and be more than servicable back there.

LOL people wanted D'Onofrio to play press man with Mike Williams and Lee ****ing Chambers.

lol. Remember cityboycane, playthefreshmen, miaminights, and cityboy4life? They spent entire months on this 90000 page thread trying to convince the non-slurpers that our defensive coaching was the problem, not the garbage that Shammin left DOnofrio to work with.

:ibisroflmao:
Yea that drove me nut. Nites still says we had more talent then anyone in the acc.

The corner situation last year was terrible

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];686249 said:
LOL people wanted D'Onofrio to play press man with Mike Williams and Lee ****ing Chambers.

lol. Remember cityboycane, playthefreshmen, miaminights, and cityboy4life? They spent entire months on this 90000 page thread trying to convince the non-slurpers that our defensive coaching was the problem, not the garbage that Shammin left DOnofrio to work with.

Yea that drove me nut. Nites still says we had more talent then anyone in the acc.

Arguably the worse group of CB's we ever put on the field at the same time. They got better as the season progressed so I would argue the coaching was there, just not a lot to work with.

Arguably the worse group of CB's we ever put on the field at the same time. They got better as the season progressed so I would argue the coaching was there, just not a lot to work with.
I agree. I think the coaching was fine. the stats for the defense were way better then i thought they would be with that roster. We are going to be really young but im excited to see this years defense. Golden is bringing in some great talent especially on the defenseive side of the ball

lol. Yep. Wasnt just the corner situation. Up an down that roster, it was just littered with overrated, underperforming "studs" like Vernon, Ray Ray, Vaughn, Buch, etc. A bunch of ***king underperforming scrubs that were nothing but paper champions. They look great on paper, look great at NFL combines, but when it came to actual gametime, they disappeared, the whole lot of them. Spence being the only exception. The 2008, 2009, and 2010 Shammin classes on defense should be forming the core of this 2012 team, yet we only have 3 above average proven players, and 2 of them are GOLDEN's !!! lol.

Obviously Olivier Vernon did something right. Was a third round draft pick. Lol at him being overrated. SMH.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back