Video proof: we need safeties to step up this year!

T

TheU1991

Kacy Rodgers vs FSU last season.

I was at the game and remember the play, but never got a chance to see it again until Spooner uploaded the game from last year for download.

I started messing around on iMovie to get the specific play from the game.

Here are a couple different clips of it. It drove me crazy seeing one of our safeties make such a soft play while I was in Doak, and it drove me crazy last night rewatching parts of the game. It looks like Kacy was scared to get after the ball to me. Throw the average safety in that position and it's most likely an interception (at the very least a deflection).

Check it out, I'm sure we've got some guys on here that can give a better breakdown of the play than I can.

And make sure to watch all the way through to see Swasey ****ed off.

[video=youtube;DGm4Nm7viAk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGm4Nm7viAk[/video]

Advertisement
That play should motivate Kacy. Also, I am shocked the deadly combination (double team) of Kacy and Lee Chambers couldn't stop one WR. Nice to see some energy from the coaches and none from the players.

It was one play, let's not let one play define his career, he will be given a chance to redeem himself.

frustrating but the silver lining is he was there to make the play. Maybe with a little more confidence and PT, thats an easy pick

Advertisement
As a former CB I really want to believe he thought Chambers was going to make a play on the ball. That's the only excuse I can give him. The thing is he could have made a play on the ball, nevermind nailing the WR to the cross. Most safeties would've drilled the WR and Chambers.

Definately made the soft tape in the film room. Don't remember seeing Swasey going off like that... That was awesome!

he could have easily sprinted jumped in the air and caught the ball, i think he kinda froze a lil bit but i dont think that will happen again

Definately made the soft tape in the film room. Don't remember seeing Swasey going off like that... That was awesome!

Swasey goes off on the kids on the team probably more than any coach.... and jumps around with them the most to

Advertisement
Bad play. Epic bad. Move on. Every db gets burned or misses a tackle once in a while, its up to him to show he's better than that. I hope he is.

SMH at the fact we even had to have a converted RB out there at CB.

lol. Yep. Dont forget the Shame Forest reject that we had to trot out there since we had jack shi* on our own bench. And the Shamminized culture of mediocrity that infested this program from top to bottom.

Yet, we had tons of slurpers out there blaming "coaching" for our problems. :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
It's actually funny that EJ threw that pass. Rodgers was in position the whole time.

Advertisement
LOL people wanted D'Onofrio to play press man with Mike Williams and Lee ****ing Chambers.

lol. Remember cityboycane, playthefreshmen, miaminights, and cityboy4life? They spent entire months on this 90000 page thread trying to convince the non-slurpers that our defensive coaching was the problem, not the garbage that Shammin left DOnofrio to work with.

:ibisroflmao:

LOL people wanted D'Onofrio to play press man with Mike Williams and Lee ****ing Chambers.

lol. Remember cityboycane, playthefreshmen, miaminights, and cityboy4life? They spent entire months on this 90000 page thread trying to convince the non-slurpers that our defensive coaching was the problem, not the garbage that Shammin left DOnofrio to work with.

:ibisroflmao:

Yup.

D'Onofrio should get a medal for finishing with a top 20 scoring defense.

That unit wad literally good at nothing.

Advertisement
Back