Video: Porter With A Mini Malek Young Interview

I feel bad for you.

Knowing several people that have been walkons on other teams, they pretty much get treated like disposable meat everywhere, and that may be part of it. Nonetheless, you are entitled to competent medical care.

I agree with the other posters here that you and the program would be best served by discussing this up the chain of command, if you can get access. Easier said than done, I know.

Thank you I appreciate it. All other aspects and staff were great towards the walkons and treated us as equals. The medical care is the only facet that was terrible.

Advertisement
You're obviously a smart measured kid but I wouldn't drop this. Legal recourse isn't the way to go at all but you should definitely speak to James about your entire episode so at minimum they explore Scavo's role/power in conflicting with or delaying the advice of actual doctors. Without us even know Scavo's side (if there is one), their system isn't working properly if your situation caused Dugans to blow up over it.

Thank you I appreciate it and I think I will go forward with reaching out to James

Coach Dugans chewed him out at the time which helped. The problem is the Athletic Director title which provides a lot of protection and can make it more difficult for any change to occur. I am considering reaching out to Blake James though.

You absolutely should reach out to Blake James (Coach Richt too), and maybe see if some other former players might be willing to join you. In this day and age with safety and long-term health becoming more of a focus both in CFB and the NFL, I bet he'd listen. As the NFL is finding out especially, protecting its players now can mitigate the absolute health (and PR) nightmare that comes with a league full of chronically ill/injured - not to mention very angry - retirees.

Best of luck to you - this is a really important issue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back