VIDEO: Patchan "on a high" now that he's healthy

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Defensive end Scott Patchan is finally healthy after tearing his ACL on the same knee twice.

[video=youtube;2MUfhlY0NxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MUfhlY0NxY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Advertisement
Former New Tampa Wildcat and Freedom High Patriot! So happy he's healthy and can rep Tampa. We used to be well represented at the U.

I would have asked what type of ACL surgery he got the first time and what approach did they take the 2nd time?

Glad he is back. Hope he has a long and healthy career. Nothing worse than a two inch ligament derailing the bright future of a 6'6 280 pound man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm probably rooting harder for this kid than anybody else on the team. Seems like a humble kid and consummate teammate.

Love his response to a question on the health of his knee...

"Everything is solid...ready to go."

If he can stay healthy look out... He's a game changer & gives scary depth!

This is how I feel to. Saw a pic of him standing next JJ and they were about the same size surprisingly. Patchan has size and speed to succeed in manny's defense w/ similar skill set to Joe Jackson in terms of speed on the edge. If he stays healthy he could be a factor imo next year not early but last in the season assuming there will be injuries.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Glad he was born with a good head on his shoulders and not with an extra chromosome like his older brother

Kid is stoked i wish him nothing but the best. Sometimes we lose sight of how much some of these kids really love to play the game!

Advertisement
I can't even recognize him. Dude has put on a bunch of good weight , he looked like a wr against fsu.

Hopefully he can be like F Gore and over come all the injuries , I'm pulling for him. He's a natural pass rusher that would eat in this system.

Diaz has to be hype as **** thinking over the 3rd down packages he can implement with all these pass rushers.

Id like to see some of that prowl package all DE's standing at the LOS.

Advertisement
We won't be truly back until we have some white boys terrorizing opposing qbs. Shades of Kevin Patrick, Greg Mark, Darren Krein, Bill Hawkins, etc. This program has had some good ones.

We won't be truly back until we have some white boys terrorizing opposing qbs. Shades of Kevin Patrick, Greg Mark, Darren Krein, Bill Hawkins, etc. This program has had some good ones.

Rusty Medearis

Advertisement
Back