Video: N'Kosi Perry 3-game compilation

View as article
I wasn't that impressed, he is more of an athlete than a QB. The fact that he can move is good with the state of o-line. People who think he beats out Kaaya are nuts. I don't think he beats Allison for the job. Allison is your prototypical pocket passer that Richt likes. I thought he stared down receivers and forced some balls that would be picked by better players. He needs a redshirt year before even sniffing playing time. Just my opinion.

Jack that you? I'm kidding, but watch Jack's supposed highlight reel and get back to us. It's far worse than this three game stretch.

Advertisement
I wasn't that impressed, he is more of an athlete than a QB. The fact that he can move is good with the state of o-line. People who think he beats out Kaaya are nuts. I don't think he beats Allison for the job. Allison is your prototypical pocket passer that Richt likes. I thought he stared down receivers and forced some balls that would be picked by better players. He needs a redshirt year before even sniffing playing time. Just my opinion.

Jack that you? I'm kidding, but watch Jack's supposed highlight reel and get back to us. It's far worse than this three game stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnTndLZd928

Here is Allison's sophomore tape and that first 5 throws are better than any one throw that Perry had in that video.

Here is Allison's sophomore tape and that first 5 throws are better than any one throw that Perry had in that video.

Disagree. There's plenty of footage of Perry throwing dimes deep down the field (including the clip in the OP).

In this day and age of college football, if a PP and DT QB are even close in terms of non-running ability, give me the DT guy.

Unless Allison is head and shoulders better (and he very well could be), I wouldn't be surprised if he got beat out.

I'm a huge Perry fan! Can't wait for him to get on campus and start competing.

BTW... that may be the worst song ever put to a highlight video! Did the rapper start talking about crab legs in the middle of a highlight video??? I almost like Allison more now, strictly because the song was SO bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first pass was nice, no question, but that play both the DE's were held like a m'fer. That's called at this level.

The second throw, best pass he's probably ever made. Unfortunately for him, he doesn't make that throw often and the stats say as much over his career. He got single coverage and did everything you could ask him to do.

The third throw, chucked into double coverage at this level. The scrub corner gave up on the play and that's what a casual observer fails to recognize.

The fourth throw he threw the ball early and in college, it's a dangerous pass. I don't like dangerous passes in college, the margin of error is much slimmer.

The fifth pass, routine.

The sixth play, he was late on delivering the ball and at this level it's a 50/50 ball at best. The safer throw was the outside receiver to move the chains. Hey, it paid off in high school, doubtful it does here.

The sixth play, reckless. He's got two shorter options wide open and throws into double coverage yet again.

Highlights are often misleading. Then you get to the TD/INT ratio, that can tell you how often they do things in particular when you don't have much film out there. His numbers, they're pretty bad, but maybe he'll ball out here. If that happens, we'll all be the happier for it.

Advertisement
Allison is not immobile. He can move really well for a guy that tall. Kind of Joe Flacco-ish. He showed really nice flashes in spring but had a rough August. Part of the reason is that our second team OL makes the first team look like 2001. We also lack some depth at receiver. I have heard from players that they like Allison.

It's tough comparing Perry to Allison because we only have Perry's highlights. But it appears that Perry may have better vision and a quicker mind. Allison gets away with a lot because of his superior arm strength.

Allison is not immobile. He can move really well for a guy that tall. Kind of Joe Flacco-ish. He showed really nice flashes in spring but had a rough August. Part of the reason is that our second team OL makes the first team look like 2001. We also lack some depth at receiver. I have heard from players that they like Allison.

It's tough comparing Perry to Allison because we only have Perry's highlights. But it appears that Perry may have better vision and a quicker mind. Allison gets away with a lot because of his superior arm strength.

Did you see Allison live in high school? I heard his numbers weren't good, but supposedly he played for some bum-*** team.

His arm is impressive. Most of his throws in the first half of that video are 15+ yard completions in the air. He def looks like he can move and or at least has the awareness to step up or just move.

I think we have a bright future if we can get him and Perry to compete. We havent had a real QB competition in some time too.

Did you see Allison live in high school? I heard his numbers weren't good, but supposedly he played for some bum-*** team.

Only on Greentree. I thought he would make a run at the #2 job coming out of spring but he struggled in August.

He's pretty raw and has had less coaching than some other top QB recruits. Next spring will be huge for him.

Advertisement
With Kaaya probably coming back next year. The battle for the #2 spot will be very intriguing between Perry, Allison, and Shirreffs

Advertisement
Perry is best suited to to run Richts horrific offense. He looks like the type of playmaker that we need to spark the offense

Advertisement
Back