(Video) He Went From Gold Teeth to a Gold HOF Jacket! (What Happened To Edgerrin James?)

Advertisement
I was just about to type this.

Great video. I thought I’d get bored, but it’s produced well and very informative. I always thought Edge pre-ACL tear was maybe the best back I’ve seen. His pass catching and pass blocking are so underrated.

Bro, Edge was a f’ing problem. Dude was a complete back, & that’s taking off my O&G biased glasses. Pre-ACL, Edge was on pace for 15k rushing & most likely 20k all purpose yrds. I truly wished he had got a ring, but I’m glad he got his HOF ring.

Last edited:
I was just about to type this.

Great video. I thought I’d get bored, but it’s produced well and very informative. I always thought Edge pre-ACL tear was maybe the best back I’ve seen. His pass catching and pass blocking are so underrated.
Flemlo is a real good story teller. Great channel if youre a college football nut.

Advertisement
One of the best games I ever attended was the UM vs UCLA upset at the OB when he dominated the game w/ over 200 yards.

Side note: First dude I ran into when I first arrived on campus. Difficult to ever forget, dreads, gold teeth, intimidating af.
The beginning of the comeback when I thought UM was dead after probation. That game was the spring board to what was to come.

Advertisement
How many of y'all thought Edge would go before Ricky Williams in the 99' draft?
Not me. They were both great in their own way, but Ricky had the Heisman and I think people just assumed he’d go before Edge.

I wish Edge never tore his ACL (back then the recovery isn’t like it is today) and I wish Ricky never decided weed was more important than football.

Advertisement
Nahhhh, we were nowhere near "back", Butch was still choking away games after that win.

The week before UCLA I had the displeasure of attending UM at Syracuse game, where the Orangemen groomed our beloved Canes....I had always we would be back at some point during probation, but that game left me with some doubts that weekend.

Bro, Edge was a f’ing problem. Dude was a complete back, & that’s taking off my O&G biased glasses. Pre-ACL, Edge was on pace for 15k rushing & most likely 20k all purpose yrds. I truly wished he had got a ring, but I’m glad he got his HOF ring.
2nd ranked Miami RB to Ottis Anderson, IMO.

Advertisement
Not me. They were both great in their own way, but Ricky had the Heisman and I think people just assumed he’d go before Edge.

I wish Edge never tore his ACL (back then the recovery isn’t like it is today) and I wish Ricky never decided weed was more important than football.
Wouldn't it be amazing to see what guys like Edge and Gore could have been with today's medical technology?

The week before UCLA I had the displeasure of attending UM at Syracuse game, where the Orangemen groomed our beloved Canes....I had always we would be back at some point during probation, but that game left me with some doubts that weekend.

Yup, that Syracuse clobbering is why I thought we weren't back yet also. As exciting as the win over UCLA was, that win wasn't going to change my mind LOL. I didn't think we were back until we started rolling opponents after the FSU win in 2K.

Advertisement
Back