Video: 2018 commit Gilbert Frierson with CanesInSight

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0187.jpg

Canes commit Gilbert Frierson talks about his love for The U, wanting to bring other players to Miami with him, and more.

[video=youtube_share;RaneO5s_U7s]https://youtu.be/RaneO5s_U7s[/video]

Advertisement
2017 still baking, but man, the 2018 DB class is going to be EPIC! Love this kid's attitude.

Kid is tough as nails and an excellent athlete and playmaker as well.

Love the part about Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. If we get a DB class of Frierson, Ivey, Jobe, Campbell, Blades and Hall, it's curtains for the rest of the college football world.

Thanks for the interview, Pete! Good stuff!

Appreciate the grind Pete... Videos, Podcasts, interviews w former players, recruits, and local coaches. Keep bringing the heat!

Advertisement
Kid is tough as nails and an excellent athlete and playmaker as well.

Love the part about Sean Taylor and Ed Reed. If we get a DB class of Frierson, Ivey, Jobe, Campbell, Blades and Hall, it's curtains for the rest of the college football world.

Thanks for the interview, Pete! Good stuff!

Seriously that is THE IDEAL DB CLASS for next year. Hall and Frierson at safety, Campbell at S/CB, Ivey Jobe and Blades at CB.

I'd find a way to fit Russell (Rover) and Patterson (WR?) in as well.

****, FL is loaded at DB next year. This class doesn't even include Robede, Surtain, or Samuel.

It's about family, it's about pride, it's about south Florida dawg football. It's about reppin the tradition of the greats that came before you. It's about young black men from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story. I had a young brother tell me the other day, "man,.. the U trash." I said the U never been trash, that's not possible. Even when we were trash, there was greatness... young men must have an understanding of this and it's our job as Canes fans to encourage them.

Advertisement
Sounds like a good kid. There is no excuse not to have the best DB class in the nation next year with all the local talent.

Advertisement
Guess everybody in SoFl don't have love for and want to rep the home team, but he and Ivey certainly do. Would love to hear Jobe express the same sentiments because I know Blades does. That only leaves Campbell, Randy Russell and Gurvan Hall. I hope we can get all these guys, but something tells me at least one will opt out.

It's about family, it's about pride, it's about south Florida dawg football. It's about reppin the tradition of the greats that came before you. It's about young black men from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story. I had a young brother tell me the other day, "man,.. the U trash." I said the U never been trash, that's not possible. Even when we were trash, there was greatness... young men must have an understanding of this and it's our job as Canes fans to encourage them.

To add to this ... it's also about young black men who don't come from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story, It's also about white, hispanic, and young men from any other race or ethnicity, whether from underprivileged areas or not, earning a degree and being a success story.

To add to this ... it's also about young black men who don't come from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story, It's also about white, hispanic, and young men from any other race or ethnicity, whether from underprivileged areas or not, earning a degree and being a success story.

Word homey, didn't mean for it to just be about the boyz in the hood. All young men and women with a dream and aspiration should attend the U and get theirs,..100!

Advertisement
Guess everybody in SoFl don't have love for and want to rep the home team, but he and Ivey certainly do. Would love to hear Jobe express the same sentiments because I know Blades does. That only leaves Campbell, Randy Russell and Gurvan Hall. I hope we can get all these guys, but something tells me at least one will opt out.

Yep. Campbell and Jobe will be the toughest pulls it looks like. Havent heard a thing about Hall's interest.

Yep. Campbell and Jobe will be the toughest pulls it looks like. Havent heard a thing about Hall's interest.

For what it's worth Gurvan Hall has a 100% CB to Miami off of three picks. Obviously still extremely early.

Advertisement
Back