Video: 2018 commit Gilbert Frierson with CanesInSight

View as article
Advertisement
Guess everybody in SoFl don't have love for and want to rep the home team, but he and Ivey certainly do. Would love to hear Jobe express the same sentiments because I know Blades does. That only leaves Campbell, Randy Russell and Gurvan Hall. I hope we can get all these guys, but something tells me at least one will opt out.

Yep. Campbell and Jobe will be the toughest pulls it looks like. Havent heard a thing about Hall's interest.

For what it's worth Gurvan Hall has a 100% CB to Miami off of three picks. Obviously still extremely early.
Hall's top schools are Miami, Bama, Stanford & UF, we're in the lead right now...

He has a great relationship with Banda & El Jefe Diaz, and also a big advantage for us is that we were his very first offer way back in July the day after Paradise Camp was over when he was still an unrated prospect.

I also know that he & Amari Carter are good friends, he looks up to him, he also idolizes Sean Taylor.

Guess everybody in SoFl don't have love for and want to rep the home team, but he and Ivey certainly do. Would love to hear Jobe express the same sentiments because I know Blades does. That only leaves Campbell, Randy Russell and Gurvan Hall. I hope we can get all these guys, but something tells me at least one will opt out.

Yep. Campbell and Jobe will be the toughest pulls it looks like. Havent heard a thing about Hall's interest.

Although nothing last month (he did attend the bowl)...Hall has been very vocal and said UM is his leader quite a few times since last 4-5 months.

For what it's worth Gurvan Hall has a 100% CB to Miami off of three picks. Obviously still extremely early.
Hall's top schools are Miami, Bama, Stanford & UF, we're in the lead right now...

He has a great relationship with Banda & El Jefe Diaz, and also a big advantage for us is that we were his very first offer way back in July the day after Paradise Camp was over when he was still an unrated prospect.

I also know that he & Amari Carter are good friends, he looks up to him, he also idolizes Sean Taylor.

Thanks for the positive prospective El. When kids are pro Canes enough to tell bamer no, then we back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It wasn't necessary "to add to" that initial post. That post didn't need qualification or an addendum, it stands on its own. Next time, just make your own original post about whatever U desire. Its perfectly fine to bring light to and single out the most valuable yet underserved and oppressed demographic in American history and present, for acknowledgment and praise!

His post wasn't the problem, as U can see he didn't mean any harm by it. The problem is the way it made U feel in its original and justifiable context. Thats something U have to deal with personally, not Dyalect79. Your post was fine the way it read, good post!

It's about family, it's about pride, it's about south Florida dawg football. It's about reppin the tradition of the greats that came before you. It's about young black men from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story. I had a young brother tell me the other day, "man,.. the U trash." I said the U never been trash, that's not possible. Even when we were trash, there was greatness... young men must have an understanding of this and it's our job as Canes fans to encourage them.

To add to this ... it's also about young black men who don't come from underprivileged areas earning a degree and being a success story, It's also about white, hispanic, and young men from any other race or ethnicity, whether from underprivileged areas or not, earning a degree and being a success story.

Word homey, didn't mean for it to just be about the boyz in the hood. All young men and women with a dream and aspiration should attend the U and get theirs,..100!

It's all good; no worries. :)

Advertisement
Back