VHS Conversion (1999 Season Highlights)

Can someone who has seen practice recently speak on the differences seen there versus what the ‘99 video shows (admittedly just clips). My goodness, the suddenness of the skill position guys and the violence of simple drills just jumps out. I don’t get a chance to review current practice videos and just was wondering about the comparison.
Practices from 95-2000 were unlike anything. The hitting that was going on at GreenTree (especially 97-2000) was Savage to say the least. Not only that, but the workouts the players held off campus are legendary. No sense on comparing Practice/drills from back in those days, to what you see now. Apples to Oranges. There's a reason why a young Nick Saban called Butch and asked if he was welcomed to come watch practices and drills several times.

Advertisement
Can someone who has seen practice recently speak on the differences seen there versus what the ‘99 video shows (admittedly just clips). My goodness, the suddenness of the skill position guys and the violence of simple drills just jumps out. I don’t get a chance to review current practice videos and just was wondering about the comparison.
I can't remember what year but we had our spring game in the OB and I watched Marcus Maxey and Kellen Winslow go at it and all of a sudden Sean Taylor lays the wood on both of them. All 3 got ejected. The practices and scrimmages back then we're INTENSE to say the least.

Advertisement
Back