Veteran’s Day

20231111_141926.jpg

Advertisement
i agree. But some don't want to do anything so there's that. There are a lot of resources and help groups to get them on their feet of they want to but some don't try. i can't blame the system for laziness.
When you can't run, you walk.

When can't walk, you crawl.

When you can't crawl, one of us will carry you damnit.

If anyone knows of a vet who is hurting or needs a bridge to services, dm me and I will leave no ******* stone unturned in connecting them...

View attachment 265440

Hey, USAF Security Forces too! Whoops, it's a General 33!

Sorry, its going down from the 80's 35, but not there yet!

I carried an M203 until I was assigned Point. Due to wounds that wouldn't heal, I had to catch a convoy to get an IV liter of penicillin on the main base.

One the way, we passed a small Marine post guarding a bridge - and they had acquired a drop tank, raised on poles - to make a shower. I couldn't abide that - I stood and yelled to get clear - and they appropriately unassed the area - and making sure of no threat if I was short or long - I pull the trigger and blew a hole in the side of it. Lots of names I've never even heard of - fists shaking - and anger - those guys are more emotional than one would assume.

Got my IV, returning the next day, and every Marine was paying attention as the convoy approached. They'd used the 90-mph tape to patch the hole and a few small splits - and when I stood up, everyone got clear of the shower - especially the guy bareazzed taking a shower.

I let 'er rip again - and another hole.

Two hours later at the firebase I got called to the HQ. Inside was the firebase commander and a one-star Marine General. He did the talking. Complimented me on making two very difficult shots - especially from a moving deuce and a half. "Thank you, sir."

"We Marines really appreciate good shooters - the better the shooter - the more we like them. How would you like to be a Marine?" Oh doo-doo.

"Sir, I think I'm needed here. But thank you for the offer."

He said that if any more shots were taken - that he had the authority under the "in the best interest of the military" option to grab me and make me a Marine.

He smiled, shook my hand, and asked if I was clear on that? "Absolutely sir - I read you five by five."

When he left - my Major ripped my butt up one side and down the other.

Just between us - it was worth every bit of it!

I carried an M203 until I was assigned Point. Due to wounds that wouldn't heal, I had to catch a convoy to get an IV liter of penicillin on the main base.

One the way, we passed a small Marine post guarding a bridge - and they had acquired a drop tank, raised on poles - to make a shower. I couldn't abide that - I stood and yelled to get clear - and they appropriately unassed the area - and making sure of no threat if I was short or long - I pull the trigger and blew a hole in the side of it. Lots of names I've never even heard of - fists shaking - and anger - those guys are more emotional than one would assume.

Got my IV, returning the next day, and every Marine was paying attention as the convoy approached. They'd used the 90-mph tape to patch the hole and a few small splits - and when I stood up, everyone got clear of the shower - especially the guy bareazzed taking a shower.

I let 'er rip again - and another hole.

Two hours later at the firebase I got called to the HQ. Inside was the firebase commander and a one-star Marine General. He did the talking. Complimented me on making two very difficult shots - especially from a moving deuce and a half. "Thank you, sir."

"We Marines really appreciate good shooters - the better the shooter - the more we like them. How would you like to be a Marine?" Oh doo-doo.

"Sir, I think I'm needed here. But thank you for the offer."

He said that if any more shots were taken - that he had the authority under the "in the best interest of the military" option to grab me and make me a Marine.

He smiled, shook my hand, and asked if I was clear on that? "Absolutely sir - I read you five by five."

When he left - my Major ripped my butt up one side and down the other.

Just between us - it was worth every bit of it!
Thanks so much for sharing...M203 could be witch to fire well, remember going up against a bunch of Red Horse guys at Herbie with M-79s. Held my own, but barely. At least it wasn't one of those God-Awful XM148s they used when they were short of 203s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thanks so much for sharing...M203 could be witch to fire well, remember going up a bunch of Red Horse guys at Herbie with M-79s. Held my own, but barely. At least it wasn't one of those God-Awful XM148s they used when they were short of 203s.

I loved it - the trajectory was like shooting a bb gun. Something I'd put years and tens of thousands of shots with!

Never used the sight - never had to.

Advertisement
Back