Veteran’s Day

IYKYK.

FB_IMG_1699634689506.jpg

Advertisement
Devil Dogs, Shock Troop, Blood Sucking War Machine! Ready Fight, Ready to Kill, Ready to Die but Never Will!!!! The fighting spirit remains and Veterans are ready to defend the homeland from enemies foreign and domestic! Happy Birthday Marines though no Marine Corp Ball we still celebrate!! Oooorah!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0829.png
    IMG_0829.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Hate speech. Reproted.
Whoppingcane: Don't know if you were being sarcastic. Your remark hits home for me. There are people on the campus where I teach who actually would label the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote as "hate speech." I try to be inclusive, find common ground for different groups at my campus. Unfortunately, the various groups seem more interested in pointing fingers and winning the "Most Victimized American Award." Depressing.

Advertisement
Whoppingcane: Don't know if you were being sarcastic. Your remark hits home for me. There are people on the campus where I teach who actually would label the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote as "hate speech." I try to be inclusive, find common ground for different groups at my campus. Unfortunately, the various groups seem more interested in pointing fingers and winning the "Most Victimized American Award." Depressing.
****em

To be honest, we shouldn't even need this day. Being a veteran and especially a combat vet should be one of the biggest daily badges of honor in this country and get you more than verbal commendation- even as genuine as it is. We still have a longggg way to go in treating these men and women correctly as a country in their post service lives.

*not trying to be a downer or some faux moral authority here and I absolutely agree with all the sentiments that have been expressed. I just have some close connections in the medical and even social work world and have seen a lot of instances where we keep failing a lot of these people that were willing to put their lives on the line for a uniform and a country. That's a failure that has been uniquely bipartisan too so it's on everyone.
Agree. I had acquaintances in the early 1970s who, at that time, suffered the above failures after coming back from ‘Nam, who would fit what you’re describing. My wife worked for a while as a physician at JBLM here in Washington State with the Wounded Warrior Battalion, saw the pain first hand. There is a lot more than can be done than just expressing gratitude, it needs to be through actions. I will still say, at the very least, thank you for serving.

Advertisement
To be honest, we shouldn't even need this day. Being a veteran and especially a combat vet should be one of the biggest daily badges of honor in this country and get you more than verbal commendation- even as genuine as it is. We still have a longggg way to go in treating these men and women correctly as a country in their post service lives.

*not trying to be a downer or some faux moral authority here and I absolutely agree with all the sentiments that have been expressed. I just have some close connections in the medical and even social work world and have seen a lot of instances where we keep failing a lot of these people that were willing to put their lives on the line for a uniform and a country. That's a failure that has been uniquely bipartisan too so it's on everyone.
I was a Vet's therapist for awhile in Eugene. The horror stories I was told were beyond what people can imagine. It is a disgrace how we Vets are treated by our country . No vet should be hungry or homeless or without medical care.

I was a Vet's therapist for awhile in Eugene. The horror stories I was told were beyond what people can imagine. It is a disgrace how we Vets are treated by our country . No vet should be hungry or homeless or without medical care.
i agree. But some don't want to do anything so there's that. There are a lot of resources and help groups to get them on their feet of they want to but some don't try. i can't blame the system for laziness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i agree. But some don't want to do anything so there's that. There are a lot of resources and help groups to get them on their feet of they want to but some don't try. i can't blame the system for laziness.
There are valid reasons for not wanting to try. One such reason is depression and/or PTSD. It’s a downward spiral, unless there’s intervention.

That's why the Army CIB (Combat Infantry Badge) is always on top of everything else.

No greater honor.

Advertisement
Back