Very OT

Thats probably his best move but Im hearing him and Kyrie want NYK bad because winning a title there (which probably wont happen at all) is basketball immortality.
I've heard on tv/podcasts that Kyrie is going to Brooklyn. I don't follow that closely. Would you want Kyrie? I've never been a fan of his, even though he is outstanding as a player.

Advertisement
But it made getting space to get of the shot harder.
True. But the screen setting that GSW do is different than any other team. U could hand check for a legal guarding position but still couldn’t just grab in hold ppl

The nba is all spreading the court , putting shooters all around and spreading the d thin. Just like the spread offense in football.

Shoot more threes than twos , it’s all analytics.

The Warriors started this but strangely are the team in the finals every year. Because they still do it best , they have two guys who literally carry their offense by taking horrible , deep threes lol.

Imo they’re hurting basketball , because kids only shoot threes and think bad shots are ok. Because there’s two aliens out there in Oakland.

I’m nowhere near as big of a fan of this type of ball , but I respect the skill.

There’s just no physicality left , which is needed , to a “ degree”. Mid range is dead, while everyone wants the highlight play.

Baseball is in the same analytic ****, it’s either a home run or a strikeout
I agree 💯. Like u said it’s not a winning formula and it’s why Houston can’t get past them.

I've heard on tv/podcasts that Kyrie is going to Brooklyn. I don't follow that closely. Would you want Kyrie? I've never been a fan of his, even though he is outstanding as a player.
Im a Knick fan we need anything but Kyrie wont win u a title, i would take russel if the Nets want him. Net are second fiddle no matter what its like the Mets.......no matter who goes there they are the Nets. Same no one in Florida is Miami no matter how many times they win Miami is Miami

Disagree.

Mid range shooting is way less effective now.

You see it the most when teams only need one or two.

They don’t have the skill of getting space and good form and balance. They can’t sink the off balance shots anywhere near as often They miss wide open a lot more too.

The increased three point percentage allows it to even out in the end.

Steph and Klay are historically good, I just like adding context to the why’s of them developing the way they have. If anything they are underrated as champions because they don’t get credit for the team defensive field goal percentages they accomplish.

Players are more athletic today. The skills have switched around because of the change in coaching philosophies. I see no difference in inherent skill compared to the basketball I grew up on. There IS a big difference in the way players are developed from youth.
Guys are more athletic and skilled today. I watched a all star game from the 1980s and ****** was missing layups lol. The mid range game is lost because it’s value/efficiency is low. Why take 20 footers contested for two points instead of spreading the court and taking a shot closer Or a shot worth 1 extra point..off base example like ppl who think ichiro couldn’t hit for power. He could but the way he played was more efficient and produced more runs..

Advertisement
Guys are more athletic and skilled today. I watched a all star game from the 1980s and ****** was missing layups lol. The mid range game is lost because it’s value/efficiency is low. Why take 20 footers contested for two points instead of spreading the court and taking a shot closer Or a shot worth 1 extra point..off base example like ppl who think ichiro couldn’t hit for power. He could but the way he played was more efficient and produced more runs..
The athletes are just better today across the board in every sport

Advertisement
Silver and the NBA put the fix in for more advertising profits. Toronto missed their last 5-6 shots and had a turnover. Rigged!

Co

An all star game? Smh.

Core fundamentals are at an all time low. The athletic style of play makes up for it.

Big men are better on the perimeter but SUCK with their back to the basket.

There are fancier dribblers but not necessarily better.

Fundamental team passing is worse. The fact the Warriors do it old school is one of many things that make them hard to beat.

The game is DIFFERENT.

I used to be a prisoner of the moment before I really dug into what was really going on before my time.

Silver and the NBA put the fix in for more advertising profits. Toronto missed their last 5-6 shots and had a turnover. Rigged!
This is so dumb. So you're saying Silver put a fix in and both teams' players as well as both coaches (and likely the refs) were all in on it? If this asinine statement were true, then why would GS turn the ball over up three points with under a minute to go re the Draymond backcourt violation? And then the ref calls an offensive foul on cousins with even less time left to give the Raptors a jump shot to win the game? Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Who would you rank ahead of him at point?
I'm just not a fan of Kyrie. I feel he's massively overrated and I think he's an idiot. Just off the top of my head who do I think is a better PG? Steph, Lillard, Westbrook (even tho I can't stand that dude), CP3, and **** I personally would take a handful of the young up and coming ones before I'd take Kyrie. I just wouldn't want him on my team if I was an owner. Maybe I dislike him more than I should. LOL

Advertisement
I'm just not a fan of Kyrie. I feel he's massively overrated and I think he's an idiot. Just off the top of my head who do I think is a better PG? Steph, Lillard, Westbrook (even tho I can't stand that dude), CP3, and **** I personally would take a handful of the young up and coming ones before I'd take Kyrie. I just wouldn't want him on my team if I was an owner. Maybe I dislike him more than I should. LOL
Oh I dont disagree with you one bit. I think Kyrie is a great individual player, but he's not someone I'll build around. I was just curious whi you thought was better.

Kyrie is too weak on defense and can’t pass well enough to carry a team to a title.

As much as he hated playing Robin, he needed Lebron.

This is so dumb. So you're saying Silver put a fix in and both teams' players as well as both coaches (and likely the refs) were all in on it? If this asinine statement were true, then why would GS turn the ball over up three points with under a minute to go re the Draymond backcourt violation? And then the ref calls an offensive foul on cousins with even less time left to give the Raptors a jump shot to win the game? Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

The only conspiracy theory that made any sense outside of individual point shaving is the magnet ball theory.

That COULD work.

I doubt it’s real but anything is possible with 9 and 10 figure revenues on the line.

Advertisement
Co

An all star game? Smh.

Core fundamentals are at an all time low. The athletic style of play makes up for it.

Big men are better on the perimeter but SUCK with their back to the basket.

There are fancier dribblers but not necessarily better.

Fundamental team passing is worse. The fact the Warriors do it old school is one of many things that make them hard to beat.

The game is DIFFERENT.

I used to be a prisoner of the moment before I really dug into what was really going on before my time.
Soooo you think the players now can’t make reverse pivot passes, a bounce pass, two hand chest pass etc lol..when you say fundamentals what are you referring too? Cause In order to have Steph, kemba or kyrie like “fancier” Handles you have to master the fundamentals 1st. Yes the game is different. But it’s different because guys can do more on the perimeter no matter the size of guys..even Steve Kerr laughs off the notion that guys were more skilled and when he played and that was the 90s..now when you say big men can’t play with their backs to the basket, that comes with practice in game situations. Lebron learned how to play in the post over a offseason..bigs don’t make that apart of their game because it conflicts the whole spread the court idea..it’s why boogie who is a great back to basketbplayer is not featured in the post in that offense

Soooo you think the players now can’t make reverse pivot passes, a bounce pass, two hand chest pass etc lol..when you say fundamentals what are you referring too? Cause In order to have Steph, kemba or kyrie like “fancier” Handles you have to master the fundamentals 1st. Yes the game is different. But it’s different because guys can do more on the perimeter no matter the size of guys..even Steve Kerr laughs off the notion that guys were more skilled and when he played and that was the 90s..now when you say big men can’t play with their backs to the basket, that comes with practice in game situations. Lebron learned how to play in the post over a offseason..bigs don’t make that apart of their game because it conflicts the whole spread the court idea..it’s why boogie who is a great back to basketbplayer is not featured in the post in that offense

These guys blow simple passes all the time. Just throw the ball out of bounds.

You are talking about stars. Those skills are deficient top to bottom in the league now. Not jv level, just declined. I agree with Kerr to an extent ( though many other ex players don’t), but don’t fully agree. A lot of that is people disrespecting the new players. I will never do that.

But the shift in skills and style is undebatable. Games are won and lost right now on how games are called. This comes even more into play when comparing eras.

Boogie is the fourth option on his team. Of course it ain’t built around him.

Bigs skills around the basket were declining even before the three pointer took over this decade.

Cousins isn’t a great back to the basket player. He is just the top of the heap in the modern game.

Lebron isn’t a great post player at all. He just has some basic moves that allow him to physically dominate his weaker, smaller match up without looking inept. These guys have very little finesse.

Shooting bigs and defensive three seconds have opened the floor. The game is less physical.

Watch Olajuwon, David Robinson, and Kevin McCale.

You won’t learn to do that over no summer lol.

Haha. I know. Made up for that insane backcourt that he committed just before. I still think Lowry needs to get a better shot off though. He looked wide open which is why most people didn't actually notice this:

View attachment 87282
That backcourt violation was on steph. Lazy play taking his sweet time walking the ball until he realized he had 1 second to somehow get it across

Advertisement
Back