Very Early 2020 Class

Advertisement
U see us just taking 1 true LBer gor really?
Follow the offers. Staff sees what I’ve seen. Weak year at LB. Wingo is very unlikely and raw himself. I could see 2 and Washington as a striker but only if it’s the right guy from OOS, don’t think they will reach. Hyppolite is a local kid who’s pretty underrated but it’s just not a good year for LBs down here. 2021 is stacked at the position and it looks like the staff knows and preparing to load up on it next year, follow the offers. Tough spot to be in considering we lose the three amigos and Finley at striker after this season. Manny and Patke gotta develop their guys they recruited.

Here is a list of guys on your list that we almost certainly will not get:

QB Haynes King (have not seen one thing tying him to us, in fact I have never even heard of him)

WR Jermaine Burton (I just don't see this kid coming back)

OT Jalen Rivers (UbaGA and UiF battle)

DE Chantz Williams (UbaGA vs UiF battle and package deal with Rivers)

LB Derek Wingo (Pretty locked into PSU)

DE Jamari Stewart (we can do better)

DE Johnny Walker (we can do better)

CB Jalen Harrell (we can do better)

S Avantae Williams (with a kid is probably looking for that bag and IMO will end up in the $EC)
Disagree on Stewart, Walker and Harrell. Although I’m not sure on Walker status as a take yet. The other two could commit right now.

Follow the offers. Staff sees what I’ve seen. Weak year at LB. Wingo is very unlikely and raw himself. I could see 2 and Washington as a striker but only if it’s the right guy from OOS, don’t think they will reach. Hyppolite is a local kid who’s pretty underrated but it’s just not a good year for LBs down here. 2021 is stacked at the position and it looks like the staff knows and preparing to load up on it next year, follow the offers. Tough spot to be in considering we lose the three amigos and Finley at striker after this season. Manny and Patke gotta develop their guys they recruited.
Makes sense. I do believe there will be an OOS guy that the staff likes that will come here. Especially if we perform on the field.

Slow year for linebackers. Landing Sampah would be huge. Add him to an underrated local guy and a striker and that’s a great haul

Advertisement
Just took a look at linebacker next year: Branden Jennings, Chamon Metayer, Tyler Johnson, Terrence Lewis, Gaethan Bernadel all guys who could commit in the near future or are already committed to Miami.

Just took a look at linebacker next year: Branden Jennings, Chamon Metayer, Tyler Johnson, Terrence Lewis, Gaethan Bernadel all guys who could commit in the near future or are already committed to Miami.
That's the key Manny and Patke got a plan on how they approaching this cycle

Ya we won't take just one though, esp with striker candidates included. Some OOS offers have gone out.

A few thoughts...

I would think Prater is the most likely QB right now just based on what I've read. Any insight on King or just a feeling/hope?

Derek Wingo will not be in this class. He's going OOS.

No Cane Berong or his cousin? Numbers may be tight, but with a name like Cane...

Like @twes.305 said, you have us dropping Antoine Smith already? You might be right, but that cold blooded.

I'd try to keep all these lists to 25 for realism. I seem to recall we used most of our extra counters on transfers and walkons (depending on the timing of scholarships for walkons), but there are other threads on the topic.
My mistake if it seem like I was trying we will drop him, I was not
A few thoughts...

I would think Prater is the most likely QB right now just based on what I've read. Any insight on King or just a feeling/hope?

Derek Wingo will not be in this class. He's going OOS.

No Cane Berong or his cousin? Numbers may be tight, but with a name like Cane...

Like @twes.305 said, you have us dropping Antoine Smith already? You might be right, but that cold blooded.

I'd try to keep all these lists to 25 for realism. I seem to recall we used most of our extra counters on transfers and walkons (depending on the timing of scholarships for walkons), but there are other threads on the topic.
I was not trying to say that we would drop Antione Smith, I was saying that the OP did not have him in his list even though he is committed.

Advertisement
1 QB
Evan Prater

2 RB

Don Chaney Jr.
Caziah Holmes

3 WR
Bryan Robinson
Marcus Fleming
Mookie Cooper (I predict JT kills it this year in this offense and influences another St.Louis kid to later come)

1 TE
Dominic Mammarelli

6 OL (we need talent and depth)
Issiah Walker Jr.
Gerald Mincey
Jonathan Denis
Antonio Smith
RJ Adams
Cayden Baker

4 DL (I think no Riggins and Anaele. Think a local kid rises later in senior season for 2nd end spot (Chris Jones. Also Kinsler, Wati Huggins or Claude Larkins).

Willie Moise
Elijah Roberts
Johnny Walker
Chris Jones

3 LB (I think one local kid emerges later in year. Hyppolite)
Tirek Austin-Cave
Reuben Hyppolite
Jamari Stewart

1 striker/pseudo lb
Keshawn Washington

5 DB (I think two safeties and three cb. Stanley as the smaller, quicker, nickel cb following suit with Bandy/Couch. Important with increasing pass heavy offenses).

Jaiden Francois
Ladarius Tennison
Jalen Harrell
Avantae Williams
D. Stanley

26 total recruits

4 out of state
From South FL tri-county area: 14 total
Don't think D Stanley is a take.

Here is a list of guys on your list that we almost certainly will not get:

QB Haynes King (have not seen one thing tying him to us, in fact I have never even heard of him)

WR Jermaine Burton (I just don't see this kid coming back)

OT Jalen Rivers (UbaGA and UiF battle)

DE Chantz Williams (UbaGA vs UiF battle and package deal with Rivers)

LB Derek Wingo (Pretty locked into PSU)

DE Jamari Stewart (we can do better)

DE Johnny Walker (we can do better)

CB Jalen Harrell (we can do better)

S Avantae Williams (with a kid is probably looking for that bag and IMO will end up in the $EC)
ur tripping, and if you say we can do better than you should provide realistic options that we are recruiting.

I was not trying to say that we would drop Antione Smith, I was saying that the OP did not have him in his list even though he is committed.

I understood you, bro. I was agreeing he should be included, and taking it a step further saying it was cold for OP to knock him off the list already. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I'll be surprised if the oakleaf boys don't go to Georgia unfortunately lol

I don't think we have space for 6 DL after our large DL group for 19.

They are going for 2 TEs
You think we can get Jalen carter?

Advertisement
I’m not getting caught up in this stuff this year. The play on the field has to match the hype Manny is building or whatever the class looks like early will dissolve. Kids want to play at The U, not just Miami, new or old. Results matter.

My realistic class:

1 QB
Evan Prater - 3*
2 RB
Don Chaney Jr. - 5*
Caziah Holmes - 4* / Henry Parrish - 3*
3 WR
Bryan Robinson - 4*
Marcus Fleming - 4*
Marc Britt-4*
1 TE
Dominic Mammarelli- 4*
5 OL
Issiah Walker Jr. - 4*
Gerald Mincey - 3*
Jonathan Denis - 4*
Tony Smith - 3*
RJ Adams - 3* / Richard Leonard - 3*
5 DL
Samuel Anaele - 4*
Trevon Riggins - 4*
Willie Moise - 4*
Elijah Roberts - 4*
Sleeper DT
3 LB
Jamari Stewart - 3*
Latarie Kinsler - 4*
Keshawn Washington - 4*
5 DB
Jaiden Francois - 4*
Ladarius Tennison - 3*
Keshawn Lawrence - 4*
Jalen Harrell - 4*
Avantae Williams - 4*
I'd be awfully pleased with that class right there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back