Vertical routes between the hashes

OCs call what their players can run and run well. if we're not targeting the middle of the field, there is almost certainly a personnel reason for that. there are exceptions of course among truly bad OCs, but dawson isn't one. he may not be a world-beater, but he's also not a scrub.

He's a scrub or someone is turning him into one.

It's much easier to target short and intermediate routes all over the field than it is to hit down the field. You need athletic freaks or speed demons to get open or a QB who can drop it into windows that aren't there downfield.

Advertisement
Point blank, you have a guy who has put the ball in the right spot all over the field and can literally make all of the throws. Yes, even into tight windows most of the time.

So that makes one ask the question, what's wrong now.

There's two answers here.

One, it's the play design and the execution of them.

Two, something is wrong with TVD. Injury or mental, it's as guarded as as the secrets stored in the Vatican vault.

Looking at what we currently do, it's obvious one is a problem. Two is just conjecture. Two though, if it's a limiting factor, we aren't making his job easier with one when we choose to not hand the ball off. What we seem to be doing if two is true is illogical as it ignores there's an issue with injury as we're asking more than simple short to intermediate routes would allow.

I've been critical of TVD, still am in some capacity, but we aren't doing him any favors. He didn't forget how to throw the ball, that just doesn't happen.

I’m curious what TVDs time to throw is right now compared to 2021 and 2022. Seems like we have no quick game outside of wideouts screens.

Brady led the NFL in 2021 in time to throw at 2.5 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_8963.jpeg
    IMG_8963.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Roman's Student of the Game 17 minutes. Simple and unbiased. He points out issues with play design, etc. Also looks at a few things Muskett did for UVA that Dawson might consider....

The UVA OC **** on Dawson

TVD and Dawson are legit wasting a top tier OL. Imagine what the Washington offense would look like with the Miami OL

They probably trust 75% tvd over emory and jacurri..They see them everyday tho, so i don’t think if tyler wasn’t capable he would be out there.

And i keep saying its not as simple to throw a different qb in there mid season, there is alot that goes into that. Emory and jacurri probably is more comfortable with different things than tyler is, the receivers timing with them might not be good enough etc.. And its not like we have some gimme games, we are gonna be on the road in tough environments it would be unfair to throw a tf in there now especially if they think tvd is good enough to go
Fair points I just Dk if they are also stubborn

Advertisement
Back