Vernon Hargraves

Who’s the last corner to come out of UF to actually have a respectable career? Haden?
What do you consider respectable. Browns didn't have anything! Overpaid for him, then shipped him to the Steelers. Hasn't made any all pro's in awhile. Shocked if he will be in the league within the next two years.

Advertisement
Wish I could find that "dbu" graphic from a year or two ago of all the guys they had in the league. Bet none of them are even in the nfl now lmao

He peaked in college

As have all your defensive backs and wide receivers since the inception of college football in Gainesville.

Is there something in the water up there?

It has to be a huge source of embarrassment for the program. I mean wide receivers might even be worse. What a joke.

Advertisement
High school version of him was still better than Apple on the Giants.

Note: speaking of Gators attracts Gators

Advertisement
He wasn't even good in college. He peaked in high school.

Hargreaves was good in college, although far from as good as people expected him to be. UF fans thought he was lazy and that he could have been so much more.

In the NFL, Hargreaves has been even lazier than at UF.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Belichick picks up Hargreaves. He’s a typical Belichick project- a lazy guy with a lot of ability who Belichick can get to stop being lazy.

Last edited:
Hargreaves was good in college, although far from as good as people expected him to be. UF fans thought he was lazy and that he could have been so much more.

In the NFL, Hargreaves has been even lazier than at UF.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Belichick picks up Hargreaves. He’s a typical Belichick project- a lazy guy with a lot of ability who Belichick can get to stop being lazy.

My guess is he lands in Atlanta. Dan Quinn was DC when he was being recruited. VH3 hasn't played the Falcons in 2 years because he was injured last year and the Bucs haven't played Atlanta yet, so they won't have as much exposure to how bad he's been. Raheem Morris loves his reclamation projects too.

Facts!

Their DB's are always so fckin overrated, VH3 was a huge bust.

BJ Henderson is next too, they going to dogwalk his punk *** in the NFL, he's the softest CB I've ever seen, he runs away from contact like a middle school girl on the playground lol.

**** straight.

you can see it even in his tackling technique. the first time some team runs stretch to his side of the field, his *** is going to get trucked and he will never recover.

Advertisement
He's absolute garbage. Small, slow, no explosion or quickness, no physicality, and he's lazy and plays with poor technique.

He was benched (I think it was the bowl game) his last season with the Turds and now he gets benched his last year with the Bucs and subsequently cut.

Trading down for Hargreaves is what enabled the Bucs to draft Aguayo in the 2nd round. I wanted to stay at pick 9 and draft Eli Apple who's actually good contrary to what 1 guy said in this thread. But Apple probably would've been cut by the Bucs too because the team is cursed and hires nothing but dog$h!t coaches creating a culture of losing.

Looking forward to Jamel Dean, MJ Stewart and Ryan Smith taking over for Hargreaves...oh wait those guys all suck too.

Eli Apple is a bum. Not sure what you think he is good at.

Eli Apple is a bum. Not sure what you think he is good at.

Has decent size and one of the best I've scouted at the skill of mirroring early in the route stem with his footwork. He's improved the rest of his game in recent years.

Call Apple whatever you wany but the Bucs would have multiple more wins if they had him.

PJ Williams is the corner to target on the Saints.

Advertisement
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Antonio Callaway keeping the tradition of Bust U, and Felony U.

NFL teams; stop drafting these losers. Emmitt was the one-off exception.

Has decent size and one of the best I've scouted at the skill of mirroring early in the route stem with his footwork. He's improved the rest of his game in recent years.

Call Apple whatever you wany but the Bucs would have multiple more wins if they had him.

PJ Williams is the corner to target on the Saints.

All the corners are to target on the saints. They have sucked for years at that spot.

Again...Eli Apple is a bum, could care less about his size, footwork...he cant cover lol. He is 6'1 almost 210 and cant tackle that well and doesnt get picks. The only worst cb ive seen is #21 the Dolphins trot out there Eric Rowe.

He is on a better all around defense than the Giants had...which has made him look somewhat avg this year.

Rowe is stiff as a board. Apple is the opposite of that. He has smooth cover skills and doesn't give up much separation. Try watching the Bucs and you will have a new outlook on what a bum CB looks like. I'd love to have a guy who deters throws whether he tackles and finds the ball or not. Carlton Davis is the Bucs best cover corner he has 0 career INTs is a penalty machine and gets toasted on every crossing route.

Vernon Hargreaves is Brandon Harris.

Was really good in college. But in the NFL, too small, not aggressive enough, not really athletic enough. Plus, on a trash team like the Bucs, got worse over time.

Advertisement
Back