Venables on why he’s stayed a DC for 9 years

Advertisement
That UNC backer that stoned Chaney was a HS QB.. *shrug*
There were a lot of "THAT CAN'T HAPPEN" s in this game.
That was one of them.

Now that Chaney was introduced, and probably embarrassed, by big boy football, my guess is he will never allow that to happen again.

That being said, Surratt has a good shot to be a second rounder in April.

Our problem is we want to fire everyone that does not win a conference title or a Natty in 2-3 years. We are so short sighted it is not funny. It takes 5-10 years to build a program, yet we want to fire everyone after a bad loss. Some are warranted (DC), be cautious about this as it only decays the program. Boy, I can sure speak out of both sides of my mouth, eh? DC is the only change I would make right now.

5 - 10............years????! Wtf r u smoking? Successful head coaches are turning programs around 2-3 yrs! Lol. At worst, AT WORST, 4 yrs. Most tenured coaches win 10 games by year 3, and don’t turn back.

I’ve already posted about this, and gave examples from Saban, Riley, Rhule, Meyers. Dabo, Fisher, JJ, ****, even Harbaugh (and yes, Meeechigan sucks this season, but he took over a program that went 31-20 under Hoke...including the last 3 yrs being 20-18, and got them to 10 wins yr 1.), Briles.....

The point is; if a coach don’t start showing the ability to get their chit together by yr 3 (which should be YOUR recruiting class becoming leaders), at the absolutely latest, 4 yrs, it ain’t happening.

It does not take 5 & DEFINITELY not up to 10 yrs to build a program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back