Venables Head Coach?

Advertisement
Dude strikes me as a bit “off”. Not everyone was built to be the CEO, some people play a role and that is what they are best at

What indication did any coach show before they were given the opportunity to do so?

I'll say this, it's obvious his players love him or there's no way in **** some of them come back like they have.

He's been there with Dabo all along, a big part of the operation, and that's invaluable knowledge.

I would take him in a second. His system, the athletes down south, that's a win. Who does he get at the OC spot? Bet he would find someone like what they've been doing there for years. Again, our athletes down here, forget about it.

None of them have. But by the same token, how many recent recent hires have had success coming from a big time program?

Advertisement
Dude strikes me as a bit “off”. Not everyone was built to be the CEO, some people play a role and that is what they are best at
Lacks the charisma or something, his interviews are kinda cringy but the results are A++.. Somebody cut this guy a ******* check and get him out of clemson for gawd sake!

I suspect Veneables will be more successful as a coordinator than top slot. Then again it is easy to make that assertion because just the odds favor I'm right.

As far as HC makings, Lashlee has "it".

A good example of who doesn't: Josh McDaniels.

Venables just dumped on Lashlee. Not sure how you make that assertion this week

I'm not 100% certain Lashlee **** the bed as much as some are making it out to be--also not letting him off the hook either and your point is absolutely taken.

We won't fully know until this Saturday.

Advertisement

Yes, saying Lashlee has it but Venebles doesn't? Most bizarre comment I've read in a long time, in particular when you consider the timing of it.

I know who I'm picking if I had to.

Auburn HC
I could see it. It would be funny if he got that job. He became clemsons DC after they fired Kevin Steele. Now he takes over for Steele again lol. Auburn would be lucky to have that guy. Lord knows he’s probably bring in a better offensive system than what gus is doing

Venables played at Kansas State, right? Has he been waiting for that job? The Wildcats seem on the right track after beating Oklahoma in the past two seasons. SEC or other BIG 12 job?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The last Clemson assistant to try his hand at head coaching fell flat on his face. Perhaps he is wishing he had stayed, making big bank, and living easy surrounded by Dabo and Vegetables.

He's gotta prove himself against the better coaches. Got exposed now i see why mulzahn sat his *** down a few years back. He can bounce back..hopefully he learned from it.
And Malzahn is one of the dumber coaches around

He's gotta prove himself against the better coaches. Got exposed now i see why mulzahn sat his *** down a few years back. He can bounce back..hopefully he learned from it.
Malzahn sat him down because Malzahn wanted to call his offense. Not because Lashlee wasnt ready.

Lashlee took over the playcalling on multiple occasions and the offense performed much better. The problem was that Lashlee wanted to do more of his stuff and less of Malzahns stuff, which is essentially what led to Lashlee going somewhere else.

Venables is a top DC for over a decade now and he has build this team with Dabo for eight years. His defense are, year in and year out, fundamentally sound, well coached, disciplined and, most importantly, successful. And thats regardless of star ratings. Its essentially what you want in a HC.

If Manny ends up getting fired, Venables would be the top guy on my list. Without question. We appeared to be interested in him becoming a HC years ago, but he rejected all offers. Problem is, probably half of college football would want him and unload trucks full of money on his yard.

Advertisement
Back