Vegas Win Total

Advertisement
With a new QB? Probably 8.5.

However, if one of the QBs takes the job and runs with it, and reports out of Greentree build confidence, with our schedule next year, I wouldn't mind betting the over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Vegas set the over/under so low last year because on paper, Miami was a very lucky 8 win team in 2015. They were outscored and outgained by their opponents and had a +11 turnover differential. All of those things point to a downturn the following year. The Vegas number crunchers didn't take into account that Miami had just fired the worst defensive coaching staff in FBS though. The numbers guys will look at Miami's numbers from 2016 (outscored and outgained the opponents significantly, 3 losses by a touchdown or less) and assume Miami was an unlucky 9 win team in 2016. Couple that with a soft schedule and I have to believe the o/u will probably be at least 9. If Kaaya was returning, it would probably be at least 10.5

Vegas set the over/under so low last year because on paper, Miami was a very lucky 8 win team in 2015. They were outscored and outgained by their opponents and had a +11 turnover differential. All of those things point to a downturn the following year. The Vegas number crunchers didn't take into account that Miami had just fired the worst defensive coaching staff in FBS though. The numbers guys will look at Miami's numbers from 2016 (outscored and outgained the opponents significantly, 3 losses by a touchdown or less) and assume Miami was an unlucky 9 win team in 2016. Couple that with a soft schedule and I have to believe the o/u will probably be at least 9. If Kaaya was returning, it would probably be at least 10.5

The actual guys that set the lines won't look at one single ******* thing you just talked about.

It's all about the Power Ranking. Once you learn how to find that you will get it.

I can't wait for Assy Booger to get in here and dry hump the fvck outta this thread. (I'm itching to neg)

Advertisement
Advertisement

The actual guys that set the lines won't look at one single ******* thing you just talked about.

It's all about the Power Ranking. Once you learn how to find that you will get it.

I can't wait for Assy Booger to get in here and dry hump the fvck outta this thread. (I'm itching to neg)

Then why did they set the over/under so low last season? Not being sarcastic, I'm legit curious.

It's all based on the power ranking. We've been low for a long time. They always expect the trend to continue.

I'm probably being harsh with 7.5 the 8.5 guys are probably closer to what we will be.

I know we will be underrated though.

Advertisement
Back