Vegas win total 8.5

Believe he was talking preseason, like we are now. We were favored over every single team we faced other than LSU then. So therefore, 6 losses nobody saw coming. Unless you were predicting Duke, UVA etc? Highly doubt it. As for being completely lost and had given up you could see that 1/4 of the way through the Lsu game, or at the latest when Rosier was put in against UVA. That was the death knell.
We were favored vs LSU by 3-4 points.

Advertisement
if we lose 4 games with this joke of a schedule manny can take a hike
Every single time we have said "We have an easy schedule", we drop 4-5 games. Every single time. We just are not good enough yet to assume ANY easy wins in ACC play.

Now, I don't think we go 8-4, but if we do it's going to get ugly for Manny in a hurry.

Advertisement
The thing that would cause me to pause on this would be the possibility of having to play any backups on the OL. 1 or 2 injuries to the starting OL could make this season much more difficult even with the "easy" schedule.

LMAOOOO IM NEW TO THIS FORUM BUT AINT NO WAY IN ******* **** MIAMI DON'T WIN MORE THAN 10 GAMES INCLUDING BOWL GAME... OUR Schedule is really cupcake as ****... i can see the Fl loss but nothing else except clemson

Advertisement
Miami +1000 to win the ACC might not be such a bad bet. Our offensive talent is considerably underrated because of the disastrous season we had with Richt's system. The roster is stacked. Our QB play should be light years better under Enos, regardless of who wins out. We've seen the defense perform every year since Manny was hired. Shaq & Pink came back. The secondary will be more talented, if less experienced. Clemson loses their entire starting Dline & their best corner to the draft, which helps our biggest weaknesses (OL, QB). I didn't think we looked outmatched in the 2017 ACCCG until the team saw Rosier throwing ducks & realized we had no shot with that offense. The talent gap will be smaller in December than it was 2 years ago. Everything I've seen & heard since the Manny hire points to a substantial change in the team's mentality & overall toughness. A lot of opinions will change when we start seeing our offense being put in position to let our playmakers perform. Expect that line to drop considerably after the first few games.

Why is the over easy bet if it includes bowl game? In the last 2 bowl and if we don’t win 9 games and a bowl game with that schedule I will be extr
Why is the over easy bet if it includes bowl game? In the last 2 bowl games we were “killed” by Wisconsin.

if we don’t win 9 games with that schedule and a bowl game we are not the team we all think. Three regular season loses would be a disaster of a season. I think most none Miami fans will bet the under after the season we had last year and turnover in coaching. But not many people outside of our program have intimate knowledge of how incompetent Richt and his son truly were.

This team will have a hard time winning 7 games.

Brand new offense.
Brand new special teams coord
Brand new DC even though he runs practically the same defense.
Average QBs
Non power 5 OL
3 new starters in the secondary.

Will be lucky to finish with 6-7 wins

Advertisement
i say 9 based on what we know as of this moment. could easily 8 (given the last 15 years). if one of the QBs ends up being the stud as advertised, then well over 8.5

Miami +1000 to win the ACC might not be such a bad bet. Our offensive talent is considerably underrated because of the disastrous season we had with Richt's system. The roster is stacked. Our QB play should be light years better under Enos, regardless of who wins out. We've seen the defense perform every year since Manny was hired. Shaq & Pink came back. The secondary will be more talented, if less experienced. Clemson loses their entire starting Dline & their best corner to the draft, which helps our biggest weaknesses (OL, QB). I didn't think we looked outmatched in the 2017 ACCCG until the team saw Rosier throwing ducks & realized we had no shot with that offense. The talent gap will be smaller in December than it was 2 years ago. Everything I've seen & heard since the Manny hire points to a substantial change in the team's mentality & overall toughness. A lot of opinions will change when we start seeing our offense being put in position to let our playmakers perform. Expect that line to drop considerably after the first few games.
Agree. Its a good bet because i absolutely believe canes will be in charlotte. From there you never know how a ball will bounce in a game. +1000 is worth the shot.

We should be able to sleep walk through 9 man. Come on now.

FSU and Florida could easily be loses so that leaves you only one more lose. We have shown we like to lose to inferior teams like Duke, Ga Tech, Va Tech etc.... this is a tough bet actually.

Advertisement
FSU and Florida could easily be loses so that leaves you only one more lose. We have shown we like to lose to inferior teams like Duke, Ga Tech, Va Tech etc.... this is a tough bet actually.
While all true, the turds are the only opponent we should have any trouble with. I don't see how we could be worse than last year, and every team we face, other than maybe 1 or 2 should all be worse. Hopefully this is the year we put away chump teams that have no business being on the field with us.

Brand new offense.
Average QBs
Non power 5 OL

I'm gonna take it easy on you because I can see you're still traumatized from last season.

1- After watching last year's offense, what do you honestly think the chances are that this year's will be worse under vastly improved offensive coaching?

2- New special teams coordinator: see #1.

3- Brand new DC that runs the same D. You pretty much outlined why this won't be a problem.

4- 2 of the 3 QBs have barely played. The 2 on our team last year were being developed by Jon Richt while running Mark Richt's offense. All were top recruits. Calling them average at this point is shortsighted, to say the least.

5- Take a look at the recruiting profiles of our OL then consider the fact that they were stuck in an antiquated, predictable offense.

6- Lack of experience in the secondary is a legitimate concern, but take a look at the passing offenses we'll be facing this year & consider the talent stepping in vs what just left. I'm good with what we've got.

Brand new offense.
Average QBs
Non power 5 OL

That’s a good contrarian position.

Advertisement
Back