Vegas O/U odds out - Miami at 8.5

Advertisement
If we don't beat this win total- especially with a bad OOC slate and a Coastal Division likely to be even worse than usual- than Rick needs to be fired.

We have a first year starting QB in most cases I bet against that on any big road games, just like Kaaya in Louisville. If we win ten it will be because our D plays lights out. The year after that, I will fully expect big things. I'll bet it at 8 if I can find it, but not 8.5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people think Kaaya was such a big loss? Other than Brock Berlin I have never seen such an overrated QB before. There's a reason why he was only a 6th round pick.

What does that say about rosier and sheriffs the fact they couldnt take the job of a ****ty 6th round pick

People forget that Walton had a big year bc teams were worried Brad would throw down field - that threat is gone.
Walton had a big year?

Why do people think Kaaya was such a big loss? Other than Brock Berlin I have never seen such an overrated QB before. There's a reason why he was only a 6th round pick.

What does that say about rosier and sheriffs the fact they couldnt take the job of a ****ty 6th round pick

Who f*cking cares, dumbass. Neither of them are going to be starting next season.

Shut up *****. I will smack the **** out of you pussyy.

Advertisement
Man stop. I know y'all hate Kaaya but he's winning 10 games with this schedule we have this year

lol Kaaya might be overrated but if he stayed it would be O/U 9.5 and I'd take the over everytime

if he stayed and the over/under was 9.5.... I wouldve taken the under easily. Cant win 10 games with him as our QB.

the schedule last year was weak too and we had the "veteran NFL ready" qb lol / Kaaya not winning 10 games unless FAU was on the schedule 10 times

Lol. New coaching staff last year, new system for Kaaya, the schedule was def tougher last year. We won 9 games last year with all those variables. I'll take my chances with Kaaya winning 10 games this year every day of the week. Kaaya is better than any QB on our roster right now. 2nd year Richards, Mark Walton, better OL, more WR weapons, ever better defense. Lol you people are so delusional

Man stop. I know y'all hate Kaaya but he's winning 10 games with this schedule we have this year

lol Kaaya might be overrated but if he stayed it would be O/U 9.5 and I'd take the over everytime

if he stayed and the over/under was 9.5.... I wouldve taken the under easily. Cant win 10 games with him as our QB.

the schedule last year was weak too and we had the "veteran NFL ready" qb lol / Kaaya not winning 10 games unless FAU was on the schedule 10 times

Between the defense and a forgiving schedule, I'll be stunned if we don't win 9 games.

Seriously. With this schedule it would be an Al Golden esque coaching job to not go at least 9-3.

Advertisement
Our defense MIGHT give up 15 ppg. We play FSU week 3 and have GT, ND, VT and Pitt at home. Outside of FSU, our hardest road game is either at Duke or at UNC, who just lost their entire offense. Tell me why I'm NOT gonna take the over?

Lol. New coaching staff last year, new system for Kaaya, the schedule was def tougher last year. We won 9 games last year with all those variables. I'll take my chances with Kaaya winning 10 games this year every day of the week. Kaaya is better than any QB on our roster right now. 2nd year Richards, Mark Walton, better OL, more WR weapons, ever better defense. Lol you people are so delusional

Who you trying to convince?? Lol so now we have less of a shot to win 10 games bc we don't have a 6th round pick back at qb whose underachieved his entire cfb career lol but im the delusional one?

8.5 is very telling. Miami is still two or three years away.

I respect your opinion and no one should take Vegas with a grain of salt but I don't interpret the 8.5 number as us being 2-3 years away from being a 10 win caliber team as I believe us to be that now. I think our current QB situation is the variable that is dragging that number down. Obviously it is this teams biggest question mark going into the season and it's the one position that could turn a 10+ win team into "wait till next year" type underachievment.

In terms of being a consistently playoff caliber program then the 2-3 years outlook isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think we are getting very close. Barring a bizarre collapse in recruiting the 2018 class will should see this team really solidify the entire defense in terms of elite quality depth. On offense the TE and WR groups will be elite with the RB position very close behind. Our QB group will be young but well on it's way with Perry and Sitkowski. The foundation of course is the OL and once this group rises to the level of the DL(and it will) we will be a championship caliber program. The great news is that the OL is not far away as we can see the pieces beginning to fall into place. Donaldson, Gauthier, Hebert, Scaife, and, Reed are the building blocks to that resurgence. We're close guys. Really close.

Last edited:

I respect your opinion and no one should take Vegas with a grain of salt but I don't interpret the 8.5 number as us being 2-3 years away from being a 10 win caliber team as I believe us to be that now. I think our current QB situation is the variable that is dragging that number down. Obviously it is this teams biggest question mark going into the season and it's the one position that could turn a 10+ win team into "wait till next year" type underachievment.

In terms of being a consistently playoff caliber program then the 2-3 years outlook isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think we are getting very close. Barring a bizarre collapse in recruiting the 2018 class will should see this team really solidify the entire defense in terms of elite quality depth. On offense the TE and WR groups will be elite with the RB position very close behind. Our QB group will be young but well on it's way with Perry and Sitkowski. The foundation of course is the OL and once this group rises to the level of the DL(and it will) we will be a championship caliber program. The great news is that the OL is not far away as we can see the pieces beginning to fall into place. Donaldson, Gauthier, Hebert, Scaife, and, Reed are the building blocks to that resurgence. We're close guys. Really close.

I believe we can be a 10 win team as well especially with our weak schedule. However, to be fair, I believe we are a 10 win team nearly every season. Vegas is a little more realistic and accurate more often than not. If we can resolve our QB and OL issue, we are going to be stacked next season.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree with this. It's one thing if we don't win the national title this year. However, not matching 8.5 wins means going 8-4 or worse. The only people who should excuse that garbage are brock and ThomasM.

Think of it like this. He was the 9th QB taken out of 50 or so that were eligible , puts him in the top 20 percentile.

So yeah, he wasn't the best out there but he was drafted which is a lot better than anything we have had around here in a long time.

Exactly. We have had 3 pretty good Qbs since Dorsey left - Berlin , Kaaya and Morris .

Think of it like this. He was the 9th QB taken out of 50 or so that were eligible , puts him in the top 20 percentile.

So yeah, he wasn't the best out there but he was drafted which is a lot better than anything we have had around here in a long time.

Exactly. We have had 3 pretty good Qbs since Dorsey left - Berlin , Kaaya and Morris .

Can I please stop seeing the words Brock Berlin and good QB in the same sentence? Berlin was pure garbage. There's a reason why Steve Spurrier was very happy to dump him.

Advertisement

Can I please stop seeing the words Brock Berlin and good QB in the same sentence? Berlin was pure garbage. There's a reason why Steve Spurrier was very happy to dump him.

Kirby Freeman was garbage. Jacory Harris was garbage. Kyle Wright was garbage. Brock doesn't fall in that category nor does he fall with Dorsey, Kaaya, Morris. Berlin would have been better in a spread system but Coker didn't adjust.

Miami wouldve won the ACC Coastal last year with Jacory Harris at qb. We are much better off with out Brad Kaaya this season.

Kirby Freeman was garbage. Jacory Harris was garbage. Kyle Wright was garbage. Brock doesn't fall in that category nor does he fall with Dorsey, Kaaya, Morris. Berlin would have been better in a spread system but Coker didn't adjust.

Berlin was worse than all the guys you listed aside from Freeman during his first year as a starter. He cost us a NC that year. We had everything in place, including the best defense in football, and Berlin sprayed ***** all over the walls.

Advertisement
Back