Vanderbilt DT Mike Sawyers

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
With the news that leads everyone to believe that Head coach James Franklin is leaving to Penn State, expect Miami to make a run at Mike Sawyers. He was previously really high on Miami's board of DT's and is a former teammate of current cornerback Corn Elder.

Advertisement
kids a baller with a bad attitude but does UM have room for him? I would love to flip this kid.

2014 DT/NG Mike Sawyer Highlights
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522921/highlights/115141378?autoplay=1[/video]

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Canes going strong with the super DT class. I expect Valentine back in this class as well. (Anyone else feel the same way?)

Why dont you think Valentine re-commits? What was so funny about that post?

Advertisement
Their defensive coordinator is a front runner for the job. I bet he stick if they hire him

Advertisement
kids a baller with a bad attitude but does UM have room for him? I would love to flip this kid.

2014 DT/NG Mike Sawyer Highlights
[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522921/highlights/115141378?autoplay=1[/video]

Go Canes!

Have room? Are you serious.....we would probably boot 90% of the class for this kid. I think Ole Miss was the rumored second choice though so we'll see.

No chance. Golden has a better chance of getting the Penn State job now than Sawyer committing to the U.

Advertisement
Count me in the group that thinks Valentine comes back. Just think there too many factors keeping him here AND he wants to be here I think deep in his heart. I mean come on..what DT wouldnt want to play for LSU? Every DT they have had the past few years is in the league or is going..(Dorsey, Drake, Pagan, Brockers, etc.) Ego Ferguson is next. So he has to flirt with them. I just think momma is actually gonna win out here in the end.

We're trending!

211.jpg

Count me in the group that thinks Valentine comes back. Just think there too many factors keeping him here AND he wants to be here I think deep in his heart. I mean come on..what DT wouldnt want to play for LSU? Every DT they have had the past few years is in the league or is going..(Dorsey, Drake, Pagan, Brockers, etc.) Ego Ferguson is next. So he has to flirt with them. I just think momma is actually gonna win out here in the end.

I'm holding out hope kid wants attention, and when it's said and done he wil be a Cane, this is one where having mom on our side finally wins out. Would still take Sawyers regardless, we need to stack chips here in the worst way......

Their defensive coordinator is a front runner for the job. I bet he stick if they hire him

I talked with mike months ago right before he committed to Vandy and the thing that stuck out to me with him was he wanted to play in front of his family. That was really important to him. Would love to have him though.

Advertisement
Back