Van Dyke injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was true of some of our games last year. Guess we'll see. I'm not worried about it, but I've come to expect the unexpected with this team. What should happen and what actually happens, you never know until game time.

I hope we're up like that to get real reps running the offense, not just to manage time. I hate it when backups don't get to do what they'd be doing if they were the starter.
Last season our OL was ***. One of the worst if ever witnessed and we’ve had some bad ones recently. I get what you’re saying though and I share the sentiment. I just think this is a game we should ride the run game even if people want to see fireworks. Getting the run game going will help the pass game a lot and won’t give A&M much to go off of. My game plan would be run a bunch, quick passes and play action bombs lol.

Advertisement
I don’t know why some people think that’s a problem. Mario has exponentially improved the OL and we have a healthy stable of running backs, sans Citizen.

Returning Heisman winner QB Caleb Williams threw the ball all of 25 times yesterday. He’s back ups threw 10 more passes as the game got out of reach for San Jose State. Williams had one highlight fumbled snap-scramble-throw finishing up 19-25 for 278 yards and 4 TDs. The highlight play was a 70+ yard TD.

Would we complain if TVD had a similar game this Friday night?
Caleb Williams main highlight was because he can't catch a snap. lol.

Calm down people.

Seriously.

TVD is likely playing against Miami(OH), but I wouldn't be shocked that as soon as the game got out of hand(If not earlier), he hit the bench, because they want him full go for TAMU. He isn't in a cast, he banged his FINGER(not thumb), and they are taking care of it. Unfortunately, because we have one of the most incompetent media pools in the country, people are just running with rumors and whatnot, not even bothering to source their crap.

Honestly, if we can't beat Miami of OH by 20 with Brown or Williams at the helm, we're not much better than last season. ... As long as TVD is ready by A2M, I'm good.
You're right but that's not the purpose of having TVD play. He's got a new offense with new receivers, give him some reps against live competition to get his timing down and get into a flow. Then get him out of the game.

That's the purpose of scheduling someone like Miami, OH as a tune-up. The alternative is for his first action of the year to be against A&M cold.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What if Emory plays and lights it up, we've seen True Freshmen tear our team apart in the past and Freshmen today are far more prepared. This may be a blessing. May the best, most prepared players engage on Friday and let the chips fall where they may. TVD is a mixed bag, do we get TVD 2021 or TVD 2022 or a fresh new talent? Maybe this team will rally around the rookie, of course Jaccuri is still an option but not as dramatic as a true freshmen. Love the drama surrounding our options and truthfully I've had concerns about TVD. His psyche may be damaged from all the hits he took in 2022.

Advertisement
What if Emory plays and lights it up, we've seen True Freshmen tear our team apart in the past and Freshmen today are far more prepared. This may be a blessing. May the best, most prepared players engage on Friday and let the chips fall where they may. TVD is a mixed bag, do we get TVD 2021 or TVD 2022 or a fresh new talent? Maybe this team will rally around the rookie, of course Jaccuri is still an option but not as dramatic as a true freshmen. Love the drama surrounding our options and truthfully I've had concerns about TVD. His psyche may be damaged from all the hits he took in 2022.
@IndayArtHauz

Screenshot_20230827_221104_Instagram.jpg

This would seem like a positive sign. Some practice pics posted this evening on the canes football instagram page. Not sure if that was practice today or what but I'm sure it's from a practice within the last day or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back