Valentine Visiting?

Advertisement
Sure hope we get Valentine back!

I really hope Dupre does not go to FSU tho.

I do!!! If Dupre goes to FSU, then either Rudolph or Lane will flip to us. No way all three would want to play w/ each other...tooooo many egos of wanting to be the man. I'm hoping it's Rudolph.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1.jpg

That is outstanding.

Great Troll-job/Schtick of all time.

I don't think it's a troll job. I think he has some real mental problems.

"Miami could change some things up, slim down the d-tackles a little bit," Valentine said. "Instead of playing like at 340, 350, I'd prefer to be 310, 315. LSU was telling me*they could see me going down to 310, playing smaller, quicker, making tackles for loss."

The Champagnat assistant said he took Valentine down to UM to sit down and review film with Canes defensive line coach Jethro Franklin.

"He showed him all the film, how they use tackles in multiple ways, not just a nose guard," the Champagnat assistant said. "Golden, [Defensive coordinator Mark] D'Onofrio, Franklin, all of them were telling him he wouldn't have to come in and play heavy, they could make adjustments."

I found this interesting. Valentine is saying that Miami wants him to play at 340, and this assistant is saying that Miami told him that they would make adjustments so that he doesn't have to play heavy.

Also, is the assistant Genron? The article talks about how the assistant took Valentine to UM to review film with the coaches, and we all know that Pete reported that Genron dropped Valentine off in Miami.

Not sure if you're inferring from the above TV quote but Miami never asked him to come in at 340. I haven't read one article that says as much.

Thats the typical size nowadays for noseguards in 3-4. I imagine Porter was around that size

Advertisement
This is the whole piece

Even though all signs*are pointing toward LSU*especially*after he*decided to pass on an official visit to UM this weekend, U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine hasn't ruled out the Hurricanes yet and planned to spend the*next few days*at home with his mother in Palm Bay trying to*reach a final decision.

"Right now I would say it's probably 70-30 LSU," a Champagnat assistant coach close to Valentine said Friday morning.

Valentine told*The Herald during a half*hour interview*on Tuesday he told UM coaches he would visit this weekend after*Golden came to visit him at school. But after receiving a visit from LSU's coaches in his mom's home Wednesday*night,*the Champagnat assistant coach said Valentine and his mom decided visiting UM -- where he had been so many times unofficially -- wouldn't help the situation. He just needed to get away from it all.

So what initially changed Valentine's mind about remaining committed to UM? Although Valentine reiterated to The Herald Tuesday the Al Golden to Penn State rumors last month played a factor, it appears scheme and the way LSU told Valentine he would be utilized*has*played a bigger role.

The Champagnat assistant said when Valentine returned from the*U.S. Army All-American*Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told*coaches at Champagnat*he*might be better suited in*LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked one team's scheme over the other.

"Miami could change some things up, slim down the d-tackles a little bit," Valentine said. "Instead of playing like at 340, 350, I'd prefer to be 310, 315. LSU was telling me*they could see me going down to 310, playing smaller, quicker, making tackles for loss."

The Champagnat assistant said he took Valentine down to UM to sit down and review film with Canes defensive line coach Jethro Franklin.

"He showed him all the film, how they use tackles in multiple ways, not just a nose guard," the Champagnat assistant said. "Golden, [Defensive coordinator Mark] D'Onofrio, Franklin, all of them were telling him he wouldn't have to come in and play heavy, they could make adjustments."

The assistant also said Valentine was a bit wary of how much pressure was going to be put on him at Miami, being someone expected to come in right away and deliver whereas he would have a little more time to ease his way in at LSU because of better depth.
Valentine said Tuesday he also felt closer to some of the former South Floridian players and Hallandale safety John Battle, at LSU 2014 commitment. Valentine also said he didn't feel the same connection to UM's recruits.

Asked*Tuesday about Valentine and his wavering with UM, Booker T. Washington All-American defensive end Chad Thomas*said he hadn't spoken with him and said he it didn't matter to him if*Valentine chose UM.

"I ain’t no recruiter," Thomas said. "If*he don’t want to go there, he don’t want to go there. That’s on him."

For what it's worth, Valentine said Tuesday his mother wasn't necessarily pushing him to stay close to home.

"She’s with me anywhere I go," *Valentine said. "She’s with me through the long run. It’s not about a staying home situation."

Valentine is scheduled to make his college announcement during a small ceremony at Champagnat Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.

That is one of the lamest excuses that I have seen put out there with respect to any highly rated recruit.

this comin from kid that said early playin time was a plus .now he dont want it . hmmmm

This is the whole piece

Even though all signs*are pointing toward LSU*especially*after he*decided to pass on an official visit to UM this weekend, U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine hasn't ruled out the Hurricanes yet and planned to spend the*next few days*at home with his mother in Palm Bay trying to*reach a final decision.

"Right now I would say it's probably 70-30 LSU," a Champagnat assistant coach close to Valentine said Friday morning.

Valentine told*The Herald during a half*hour interview*on Tuesday he told UM coaches he would visit this weekend after*Golden came to visit him at school. But after receiving a visit from LSU's coaches in his mom's home Wednesday*night,*the Champagnat assistant coach said Valentine and his mom decided visiting UM -- where he had been so many times unofficially -- wouldn't help the situation. He just needed to get away from it all.

So what initially changed Valentine's mind about remaining committed to UM? Although Valentine reiterated to The Herald Tuesday the Al Golden to Penn State rumors last month played a factor, it appears scheme and the way LSU told Valentine he would be utilized*has*played a bigger role.

The Champagnat assistant said when Valentine returned from the*U.S. Army All-American*Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told*coaches at Champagnat*he*might be better suited in*LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked onBe team's scheme over the other.

The assistant also said Valentine was a bit wary of how much pressure was going to be put on him at Miami, being someone expected to come in right away and deliver whereas he would have a little more time to ease his way in at LSU because of better depth.
Valentine said Tuesday he also felt closer to some of the former South Floridian players and Hallandale safety John Battle, at LSU 2014 commitment. Valentine also said he didn't feel the same connection to UM's recruits.

Asked*Tuesday about Valentine and his wavering with UM, Booker T. Washington All-American defensive end Chad Thomas*said he hadn't spoken with him and said he it didn't matter to him if*Valentine chose UM.

"I ain’t no recruiter," Thomas said. "If*he don’t want to go there, he don’t want to go there. That’s on him."

For what it's worth, Valentine said Tuesday his mother wasn't necessarily pushing him to stay close to home.

"She’s with me anywhere I go," *Valentine said. "She’s with me through the long run. It’s not about a staying home situation."

Valentine is scheduled to make his college announcement during a small ceremony at Champagnat Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.

That is one of the lamest excuses that I have seen put out there with respect to any highly rated recruit.

this comin from kid that said early playin time was a plus .now he dont want it . hmmmm

Can't win with some of these recruits. Hmmmm indeed

Advertisement
Like someone said, where is this dearth of NFL defensive lineman from LSU that are actually doing something.

Of the ones we have in there, only Allen Bailey out of Wilfork, Vernon, Campbell isn't doing much. The other three are making serious noise. Oh and don't forget, Muhammad Wilkerson (Developed by Golden) is an absolute stud.

TV is gonna regret not playing alongside Chad, Moten, AQM, Riq, and Co.

Like someone said, where is this dearth of NFL defensive lineman from LSU that are actually doing something.

Of the ones we have in there, only Allen Bailey out of Wilfork, Vernon, Campbell isn't doing much. The other three are making serious noise. Oh and don't forget, Muhammad Wilkerson (Developed by Golden) is an absolute stud.

TV is gonna regret not playing alongside Chad, Moten, AQM, Riq, and Co.

terrance knighton also was developed under golden

The Champagnat assistant said when Valentine returned from the*U.S. Army All-American*Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told*coaches at Champagnat*he*might be better suited in*LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked onBe team's scheme over the other.

Advertisement
Back