my brother is a lame !!
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

11:02 AM - 31 Jan 2014 · Details

what does this mean?

Advertisement
627.jpg

Can we get some confirmation on the visit.

Advertisement
I've said all along that if we can just keep everyone and get Valentine back, that would be a monumental success considering how pathetic our play on the field is

you guys are going to have to apologize to genron if we land TV...

He threw Tracy Howard and Duke Johnson, two of the most respected members of the Miami football community (both in high school and in College) under the bus by claiming they tried to sabotage the work of the coaching staff by advising Valentine not attend UM.

He is owed no apology.

Only thing that ******* is owed is a kick in the nuts and a one way bus ticket to Palookaville.

Time to get up a collection for boots and a one way greyhound bus ticket, GTFOH

Advertisement
he would have to be part of the rotation out of the box.

Rotation my rear. Put this big boy in the middle and leave him out there until the other team brings in a cheerleader to play center because none of the boys want to got back in and face him.

barry jackson says he isn't visiting this weekend quoting manny...

### Defensive tackle: Hialeah Champagnat’s Valentine, rated by Rivals.com as the nation’s No. 3 defensive tackle and the 59th best player overall, is still considering Miami but isn’t visiting this weekend because he wants to spend time with his family and has already been on UM’s campus several times, according to our Manny Navarro.

Valentine said earlier this week he hasn’t ruled out Miami but said his heart is with LSU. He said he likes the UM coaches but has bonded with players and recruits at LSU more than at UM. He also said LSU “fits my personality.” And Valentine told Manny he’s most comfortable playing at about 315 pounds, and UM wants him bigger than 320 so that he can play nose guard in a 3-4 (not his preference). Manny has more on Valentine on the UM blog, to be posted after 3 today.

… Stung by the loss of Wyche (who dropped his commitment because of an ACC rule requiring junior college transfers), UM has been exploring other options. North Carolina-based three-star Lamont Gaillard is visiting UM this weekend but calls himself a solid Georgia commitment.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...national-signing-day-nears.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement

### Defensive tackle: Hialeah Champagnat’s Valentine, rated by Rivals.com as the nation’s No. 3 defensive tackle and the 59th best player overall, is still considering Miami but isn’t visiting this weekend because he wants to spend time with his family and has already been on UM’s campus several times, according to our Manny Navarro.

Valentine said earlier this week he hasn’t ruled out Miami but said his heart is with LSU. He said he likes the UM coaches but has bonded with players and recruits at LSU more than at UM. He also said LSU “fits my personality.” And Valentine told Manny he’s most comfortable playing at about 315 pounds, and UM wants him bigger than 320 so that he can play nose guard in a 3-4 (not his preference). Manny has more on Valentine on the UM blog, to be posted after 3 today.

… Stung by the loss of Wyche (who dropped his commitment because of an ACC rule requiring junior college transfers), UM has been exploring other options. North Carolina-based three-star Lamont Gaillard is visiting UM this weekend but calls himself a solid Georgia commitment.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...national-signing-day-nears.html#storylink=cpy

i still laugh when he says he bonded w LSU players over UM when 2 weeks ago he was calling moten his boy and came down to hang out w him at UM. dude got paid and is really bad at hiding it

Well, if Manny said it, that means not only is he visiting, but he will commit to us. Good deal.

And how does this fit his personality?

127.jpg

633.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement

Only God can intervene Bleak Visions...Do we have a resident minister on canesinsight?

Only God can intervene Bleak Visions...Do we have a resident minister on canesinsight?

I had a Bar Mitzvah

He gone...

LATEST ON TRAVONTE VALENTINE

Even though all signs are pointing toward LSU especially after he decided to pass on an official visit to UM this weekend, U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine hasn't ruled out the Hurricanes yet and planned to spend the next few days at home with his mother in Palm Bay trying to reach a final decision.

"Right now I would say it's probably 70-30 LSU," a Champagnat assistant coach close to Valentine said Friday morning.

Valentine told The Herald during a half hour interview on Tuesday he told UM coaches he would visit Coral Gables this weekend after Golden came to visit him at school. But after receiving a visit from LSU's coaches in his mom's home Wednesday night, the Champagnat assistant coach said Valentine and his mom decided visiting UM -- where he had been so many times unofficially -- wouldn't help the situation. He just needed to get away from it all, the coach said.

So what initially changed Valentine's mind about remaining committed to UM in the first place? Although Valentine reiterated to The Herald Tuesday the Al Golden to Penn State rumors last month played a factor, it appears scheme and the way LSU told Valentine he would be utilized has played a bigger role.

The Champagnat assistant said when Valentine returned from the U.S. Army All-American Game in San Antonio -- where he played in a 4-3 scheme -- he told coaches at Champagnat he might be better suited in LSU's 4-3 system instead of a 3-4/4-3 multiple defense at Miami. Valentine made reference to it Tuesday when asked if he liked one team's scheme over the other.

"Miami could change some things up, slim down the d-tackles a little bit," Valentine said. "Instead of playing like at 340, 350, I'd prefer to be 310, 315. LSU was telling me they could see me going down to 310, playing smaller, quicker, making tackles for loss."

The Champagnat assistant said he took Valentine down to UM to sit down and review film with Canes defensive line coach Jethro Franklin.

"He showed him all the film, how they use tackles in multiple ways, not just a nose guard," the Champagnat assistant said. "Golden, [Defensive coordinator Mark] D'Onofrio, Franklin, all of them were telling him he wouldn't have to come in and play heavy, they could make adjustments."

The assistant also said Valentine was a bit wary of how much pressure was going to be put on him at Miami, being someone expected to come in right away and deliver whereas he would have a little more time to ease his way in at LSU because of better depth.

Valentine said Tuesday he also felt closer to some of the former South Floridian players and Hallandale safety John Battle, at LSU 2014 commitment. Valentine also said he didn't feel the same connection to UM's recruits.

Asked Tuesday about Valentine and his wavering with UM, Booker T. Washington All-American defensive end Chad Thomas said he hadn't spoken with him and said he it didn't matter to him if Valentine chose UM.

"I ain’t no recruiter," Thomas said. "If he don’t want to go there, he don’t want to go there. That’s on him."

For what it's worth, Valentine said Tuesday his mother wasn't necessarily pushing him to stay close to home.

"She’s with me anywhere I go," Valentine said. "She’s with me through the long run. It’s not about a staying home situation."

Valentine is scheduled to make his college announcement during a small ceremony at Champagnat Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...dering-decision-coach-says.html#storylink=cpy

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...ne-at-home-pondering-decision-coach-says.html

Advertisement
Back