Valentine blurb from today

Advertisement
Somebody tell me the lAst time an academic questionable student got into Miami... Y'all can't handle the crootin truth

Almost all of them. Frank Gore couldn't read unless you spelled the words backward. Devin Hester wasn't exactly a Nobel laureate. I love our guys, but almost none of them would be admitted to UM if they didn't play football.

Somebody tell me the lAst time an academic questionable student got into Miami... Y'all can't handle the crootin truth

Almost all of them. Frank Gore couldn't read unless you spelled the words backward. Devin Hester wasn't exactly a Nobel laureate. I love our guys, but almost none of them would be admitted to UM if they didn't play football.

Aldarious Johnson, Lamar Miller were worse off then Valentine and they made it in...

Aldarious Johnson, Lamar Miller were worse off then Valentine and they made it in...

UM has admitted more dummies than CIS.

Advertisement

agreed ABOUT aldarious but lamars grades were surprisingly good.... hope he makes it in but this is crootin anything can happen

How can you omit The Professor from that list of academicians?

agreed ABOUT aldarious but lamars grades were surprisingly good.... hope he makes it in but this is crootin anything can happen
If Corch Al can't get his number one recruit admitted if the recruit meets the ncaa standards for admission, then that will tell you that Al has no juice at all at UM and that his days are numbered. Coaches with juice get this stuff done.

How can you omit The Professor from that list of academicians?

The Professor is in UM's academic ring of honor.

Advertisement
Best player in our class

When you think about how much easier it is to get an explosive running back then a dominating defensive tackle....those who say he is absolutely the most important recruit are absolutely right. Think about all the great RBs over the past 10-15 years: Portis, McGahee, Gore, James, Duke, and some who were close, like maybe Lamar Miller, James Jackson, and some who were very good, like Mike James. Even Jarrett Payton had close to a thousand yards. And Najeh Davenport was a great recruit before he was injured.

How many great dominating DTs have we had in that time? Maybe one, Vince Wilfork? Anybody I'm missing?

It seems much harder to find and get a Jerome Brown, Warren Sapp or a Wilfork. That might be why Valentine might be the most important recruit in the class, perhaps outside of Kaaya.

Did Gore have a legitimate learning disability, like dyslexia? I remember meeting the HS coach of an '80's Canes basketball player from D.C. He was not a dumb kid, but he went to Miami because the school did have a special program for learning disabled students. I can't remember the player, but the coach was from Gonzaga, a well-known Catholic HS in D.C. At least that's what I recall.

Some kids are just not that bright and some are lazy with poor academic work ethic and no study skills or habits. Others have legitimate learning disabilities. Another kid like that in the '80's was Cedric McKinnon of Gables, who was a national recruit as a safety but ended up at Bethune-Cookman.

I don't know exactly what Gore's deal was. I just remember he was able to take an un-timed SAT where the questions were read to him.

Advertisement
Gore is a student learning with a disability. The university was cognizant of it, and made modifications to his course work and assessments to enable him to engage with content. Standard practice for anyone with an LD.

You build teams from the inside out on both offense and defense, so Valentine along with the 2 jucos(depth) are our most important. IF you cant get pressure at the quarterback's knees and flush him to the DEs, you'll get the average of 542 yards per game against your fried defense over their last 6 games.

Advertisement
Gore is a student learning with a disability. The university was cognizant of it, and made modifications to his course work and assessments to enable him to engage with content. Standard practice for anyone with an LD.

That is correct. The fear at the time was that the LD was so bad that he might not be able to handle the coursework, even with the modifications.

Is he comparable to sapp or wolfork?

You'd be hard pressed to find any DT in the past 20 years to be comparable to Sapp, Wilfork or Cortez Kennedy.

Comparing a high school player to Hall of Famers or future HOF's is a disservice to the HOF player and places very unreasonable expectations on the high school kid.

Advertisement
Back