Off-Topic VAL DEMINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickster

Freshman
If you vote for Val Demings just understand she stood tall with AOC and the fabulous four denigrating the USA and calling for DEFUNDING THE POLICE IN A BIG WAY last year. Now she has changed her tune ONLY because she understands that defunding the police rhetoric is not going to get her elected. If you vote for her you need you really don't care about Florida and want chaos in our streets. You probably voted for Andrew Gillum for Governor 2 years ago and now he may be facing a very long sentence of jail time. That clown was close to being our Governor. WAKE UP AMERICA!

Advertisement
I thought she would be a much better VP candidate over Harris. Haven't paid attention to her since the pres race and her being considered as possible VP though. Disturbing if she aligned with the defund the police group, ya know considering it was her career in law enforcement that made her so popular. If she did sounds similar to what the elitists did to Katie Hill. 180 degree turn on prior stance on everything to appease the progressives.

The entirety of Republicans and Democrats summer up.
Maybe I should have qualified that by saying politicians who had or could've had broad bipartisan support.

Advertisement
It always bothers me when politicians abandon who they are and what made them popular to gain party support.
Shows how much power the progressives have in the Democrat party and how far left they have taken the Dems. Only a handful of moderates now. Get in line or else. Katie Hill situation really opened my eyes to it. If you watched that documentary on her you will know what I'm talking about.

Shows how much power the progressives have in the Democrat party and how far left they have taken the Dems. Only a handful of moderates now. Get in line or else. Katie Hill situation really opened my eyes to it. If you watched that documentary on her you will know what I'm talking about.
It happened on the other side as well. Its ridiculous. Its a mob mentality and no side is better than the other.

It happened on the other side as well. Its ridiculous. Its a mob mentality and no side is better than the other.
You may believe that I don't. Repubs moved to the center/left, the progressives took over the entire dem party. Why everything is labeled alt right now, because anything right of crazy town progressive is considered right wing extremism. Ridiculous. Entire groups of republicans broke apart into little clicks. Log cabin republicans, pro choice, lincoln project, etc etc etc.

Sarah Palin was hugely popular in Alaska and known for her opposition to government waste and willingness to take on establishment politicians of either party to do what was right. Then the McCain campaign came along.

Advertisement
You may believe that I don't. Repubs moved to the center/left, the progressives took over the entire dem party. Why everything is labeled alt right now, because anything right of crazy town progressive is considered right wing extremism. Ridiculous. Entire groups of republicans broke apart into little clicks. Log cabin republicans, pro choice, lincoln project, etc etc etc.
Republicans moved to the center? Republicans moved to Trump and what Trump is doing has nothing to do with center. And when you don't side with him, you're out.

Sarah Palin was hugely popular in Alaska and known for her opposition to government waste and willingness to take on establishment politicians of either party to do what was right. Then the McCain campaign came along.
I've always been indifferent about her anyway, but did she do a back flip on all her prior positions when she aligned with him? I honestly don't know cause I had no desire in voting for McCain and didn't even follow it.

Republicans moved to the center? Republicans moved to Trump and what Trump is doing has nothing to do with center. And when you don't side with him, you're out.
Trump was a democrat his entire life, think that proves it. The repubs moved to the classical democrat of the 80's IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Donald Trump has registered himself as a Republican in 1987 and has changed it several times since then, almost annually switching between republican, democrat and independent. He wasn't a democrat his entire life.
And now he is a right wing extremist right?

Don't believe it. From what I've read and heard, there are still moderates in both parties but the far right is much more influential than the far left in their respective parties. This is mostly in the house as the senators are generally pretty moderate on both sides of the aisle. I've had the fortune of interacting with a bunch via my former company's PAC lobbying efforts in DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back