Vag Tech Tix- Buy Through UM?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Going to make my first trip to beautiful Blacksburg this year. Tix are $85 through the Hurricane Club/UM. Anybody buy seats through the school for the last game up there? We obviously prefer to be in the UM section of fans but just wanted to see where these seats have been located in the past.

Gracias de antemano mis amores.

Advertisement
From my recollection the seats are corner sideline/endzone on visitors sideline of course. They aren't awful, but nothing spectacular either. It's a different gameday experience. Their Hokie Pride schtick is somewhat annoying though.

Would like to know this as well. We plan on going. Got some friends that are Vag Tech grads but would rather sit with our U family.

Would like to know this as well. We plan on going. Got some friends that are Vag Tech grads but would rather sit with our U family.

seating chart is available if you google it. The parts they highlight as visitors are where I remember being(was a little hazy because of the tailgating and being in the middle of nowhere). Sections 19-39 and then upper end zone. Right by where the visiting team comes out of the tunnel.

Have been to Bleaksburg 3 times over the years & seats aren't great. Also a long hike from the tailgate lots to stadium. Key jangling turkey fans are full of themselves (not sure why). Never did find a good restaurant there....best place to stay is out by airport at or near team hotel. :neonu:

Advertisement
If through the Hurricane club they’re corner seats like mentioned previously but you’ll be sitting with canes fans. I strongly recommend sitting with our fans.

Of our ACC opponents, VATech ranks right at the top for dlckhead fans.

I've been trying to get up there for years. Back in the early 2000's, only place I could find tix was @ Stub Hub and the cheapest were $300 each in the nose bleed sections. I'm fortunate in that I live within a 4 hour drive or less from Vag Tech, UVA, WF, Dook, UNC, NCST, and Clempson. Been to WF, DOOK, UNC, and went to the Appy St game couple of years ago. Dook was the worst stadium. Their fans gave no resistance! WF was the best stadium. Will keep on the look out. Late November up there can either be nice or colder than a well diggers ***! Thanks guys!

If through the Hurricane club they’re corner seats like mentioned previously but you’ll be sitting with canes fans. I strongly recommend sitting with our fans.

I've absolutely heard that about their fans. Some of even the more mild mannered Canes fans I know have been close to being arrested there as a result.

Went in 2012 or 2011 enjoyed my time but my friend did almost get arrested for using a frats private porta john, which I may add was set up along a street. Classless move by the frat guys who denies ppl access to one of those really. He did use it anyway just got the we could arrest you speech from the cops once he came out. Their fans do act like they have some great history for some reason too but hey I guess when your from that part of the country that’s all you have.

Advertisement
A couple friends and I are hoping to go to the game as well. Starting to look for tickets very soon. Wanting to go to this game and UVA as well. Tried to talk them into going to Toledo but they weren't very cool on driving 9 1/2 hrs for a game. I still may go. Anyways, hope to see some of you in Blacksburg.

Just hope we get an early-lead. They quiet down and stuff themselves with Turkey legs pretty quickly when they fall behind. The fans, too.

Advertisement
We were going to this game on my birthday weekend, but decided to go to Aspen instead.

Haven't been in years, but I've been to three games there. Annoying? Absolutely, yes. Delusional about their place on the college football totem pole? Yup. A bit full of themselves with their lunchpail pride and all that? Yeah. But I've never found them to be anything but gracious and friendly hosts. Whether we beat them down, or got beaten down, and I've seen both there, there was never any mean spirited taunting, never saw any fights and all they ever did was offer up booze and food and share everything they had and share stories about football.

That's just been my experience and, like I said, it's probably been about a decade since I've been there, so it may have changed.

We stayed out by the airport, don't remember the name of the hotel. Gameday was there and Corso picked the birds. We kicked their asses. I rode up the elevator with Corso back at the hotel and he was like, yeah, wow was I wrong, or what? All I said was "Yup, thanks Lee". He looked old and tired then.

It is beautiful out there, in it's own way. There is also absolutely nothing around forever. The stadium is so far from the parking lots, it's ridiculous. It's also a road experience for the bucket list for any Canes fan.

Haven't been in years, but I've been to three games there. Annoying? Absolutely, yes. Delusional about their place on the college football totem pole? Yup. A bit full of themselves with their lunchpail pride and all that? Yeah. But I've never found them to be anything but gracious and friendly hosts. Whether we beat them down, or got beaten down, and I've seen both there, there was never any mean spirited taunting, never saw any fights and all they ever did was offer up booze and food and share everything they had and share stories about football.

That's just been my experience and, like I said, it's probably been about a decade since I've been there, so it may have changed.

We stayed out by the airport, don't remember the name of the hotel. Gameday was there and Corso picked the birds. We kicked their asses. I rode up the elevator with Corso back at the hotel and he was like, yeah, wow was I wrong, or what? All I said was "Yup, thanks Lee". He looked old and tired then.

It is beautiful out there, in it's own way. There is also absolutely nothing around forever. The stadium is so far from the parking lots, it's ridiculous. It's also a road experience for the bucket list for any Canes fan.

It’s always good to hear someone with a different perspective and different experiences. It just goes to show that a sample size of one fan can be unreliable. It may very well could be that I just happened to just have some bad luck, I generally keep my head down and stick with canes when I’m in opposing stadiums which is why I will usually accept and sit with HC tickets.

I’m not saying all their fans are like this, I've had friendly convos with several, but I also have to be honest and to tell you that on more than one occasion I’ve have had to deal with obnoxious fools. Not to get into a bunch of detail, but at home of all places, one of their fans started mouthing off at my wife, so of course you just can’t let that slide.

But I’m glad for your post, because I don’t want to prejudice anyone. No one should ever fear going to any opposing stadium ever. All you have to do is act normally, not look for trouble and you’ll be ok. Have a thick skin and let shlt slide and you’ll always have a good time.

You’ll always meet decent reasonable people that want to drink, party and talk football for fun. Nothing better.

Except any of the Philly pro sports teams. That’s the one exception. Don’t ever go to a Philly pro game in any sport and cheer for the other team. And for God’s sake don’t wear the opposing team’s T-shirt or jersey or be prepared to be hit with foreign objects like batteries. Also, train with a speedbag and work on your footwork before you go. Bring some type of hand tactical device, a tactical pen, a roll of quarters, anything you can sneak in, is highly recommended. Make sure your health insurance is paid up and don’t worry about your face. You weren’t that good looking to begin with.

Advertisement
It’s always good to hear someone with a different perspective and different experiences. It just goes to show that a sample size of one fan can be unreliable. It may very well could be that I just happened to just have some bad luck, I generally keep my head down and stick with canes when I’m in opposing stadiums which is why I will usually accept and sit with HC tickets.

I’m not saying all their fans are like this, I've had friendly convos with several, but I also have to be honest and to tell you that on more than one occasion I’ve have had to deal with obnoxious fools. Not to get into a bunch of detail, but at home of all places, one of their fans started mouthing off at my wife, so of course you just can’t let that slide.

But I’m glad for your post, because I don’t want to prejudice anyone. No one should ever fear going to any opposing stadium ever. All you have to do is act normally, not look for trouble and you’ll be ok. Have a thick skin and let shlt slide and you’ll always have a good time.

You’ll always meet decent reasonable people that want to drink, party and talk football for fun. Nothing better.

Except any of the Philly pro sports teams. That’s the one exception. Don’t ever go to a Philly pro game in any sport and cheer for the other team. And for God’s sake don’t wear the opposing team’s T-shirt or jersey or be prepared to be hit with foreign objects like batteries. Also, train with a speedbag and work on your footwork before you go. Bring some type of hand tactical device, a tactical pen, a roll of quarters, anything you can sneak in, is highly recommended. Make sure your health insurance is paid up and don’t worry about your face. You weren’t that good looking to begin with.

:snoopfacepalm:

Well that's an awful blanket statement that gets blown out of proportion by the media & isn't true. Kind of like how the media likes to portray UM players as thugs (which I'm sure offends you). All fan-bases have rotten eggs.

I've been 3 or 4 times, and their fans are the worst that I've ever experienced, and on a consistent basis. Have seen UM tailgate setups ripped down by VT fans, and just general nastiness. I have thick skin and enjoy going to road games, and the banter with other fans, but they have a good percentage of fans that cross the line. Doesn't keep me from going back, but now that I have a 1.5 y/o it's one of the few places I wouldn't take him (and we take him every where).

I've always gotten tix through UM because we never sell out our allotment, and they have always been the best priced (but usually around $50). The visitors seats suck in relation to lower seats in the stadium, but the incline of the stadium makes it so you still have a good view since you are on top of the field, and you will mostly be with Canes fans.

Moved down once with a friend who was a season ticket holder, was cussed at by an 80 year old man for the entire second half who looked like he legitimately hated me, and I'm not even a minority. Now that I think of it, that was about 15 years ago, so he is most likely dead now. Guess I won that one.

More importantly than the tickets - get your hotel now! Or check airbnb or consider getting an rv.

Totally Disagree here. I went to the Eagles Dolphins game a few years back in Philly where the Dolphins came back and won. Wore a Dolphins jersey. Didn't experience an issue. Maybe that's because I'm 6' 4" 235 but still. No1 even talked **** to me before the game in the tailgate area, in the stadium during, or in the Xfinity party area after when we were drinking. But then again that's my experience, and if you don't go looking for an issue there typically won't be one.

I've been 3 or 4 times, and their fans are the worst that I've ever experienced, and on a consistent basis. Have seen UM tailgate setups ripped down by VT fans, and just general nastiness. I have thick skin and enjoy going to road games, and the banter with other fans, but they have a good percentage of fans that cross the line. Doesn't keep me from going back, but now that I have a 1.5 y/o it's one of the few places I wouldn't take him (and we take him every where).

I've always gotten tix through UM because we never sell out our allotment, and they have always been the best priced (but usually around $50). The visitors seats suck in relation to lower seats in the stadium, but the incline of the stadium makes it so you still have a good view since you are on top of the field, and you will mostly be with Canes fans.

Moved down once with a friend who was a season ticket holder, was cussed at by an 80 year old man for the entire second half who looked like he legitimately hated me, and I'm not even a minority. Now that I think of it, that was about 15 years ago, so he is most likely dead now. Guess I won that one.

More importantly than the tickets - get your hotel now! Or check airbnb or consider getting an rv.

Yeah, that's a bit excessive for their fans to be tearing up other peoples property. I still think my worst experience of all time are Gator fans in Gainesville. Been to FSU, they r nasty and can cross a line from time to time but overall not the worst. Been to UVA they were nice and invited us to drink in the alumni tailgate. VT, they were almost too nice, particularly in the stadium. Clemson fans last year in Charlotte were hit or miss. It was more the older fans, particularly the older women who seemed to not get the whole turnover chain thing and kept saying it was "tacky". Almost like a passive aggressive racism.

Advertisement
Back