Vacate Tech

Advertisement
18 last year in the portal and 14 this year... some stayed. I looked into their numbers and this is actually more a case of 3 years in a row with full classes and transfers. Might be more about Fuente having to process numbers out. Most of these are JAGs.. Last year McClease entered the portal and they fought to keep him and she stayed.

Advertisement
VT ranks third on the hate list behind gator and ND so no tears from me. noles suck but the nicely choked in many games that helped us win NCs. VT was always a thorn when we were good. I ****ed when we didn't leave them in Big East. ACC is a mess. If we had a good HS coach we would have one games seasons for next couple years -- Clemson in conference title game.

I hate FSU a lot more than Va Tech.

My list is

UF
FSU

Va Tech

ND isn’t really on my hate list since I’m too young to remember that rivalry.

I hate FSU a lot more than Va Tech.

My list is

UF
FSU

Va Tech

ND isn’t really on my hate list since I’m too young to remember that rivalry.
FSU is worthy of 2nd place on the list -- they had so much experience finishing second to us in my day. That is why I don't hate them as much, my memories are full the that frigging chant and it fading to silence and yet another kick faded ring, left, short or block.

VT has a nasty habit of beating us occasionally and then immediately losing the next week which would hurt our standings because we would drift down with them. They also had a habit of losing a game just before we played them so that our win meant less in the standings. See, FSU would lose to us and then win out as would we. That lifted them in our tailwind but their wins also improved our standing.

ND is for us old-timers because they use to trounce us before our ascendancy, always running up the score. If you were in The Rock in 2017 for the ND game you could feel the meaning. We never, ever, get enough of beating them, beating them big, and most important ruining a season for them. That crowd was the closest thing to a old 80's or 90's game in the OB when we not just the 12 but the 13 because the West end-zone was one all by its frigging self.

UF is a given.

FSU is worthy of 2nd place on the list -- they had so much experience finishing second to us in my day. That is why I don't hate them as much, my memories are full the that frigging chant and it fading to silence and yet another kick faded ring, left, short or block.

VT has a nasty habit of beating us occasionally and then immediately losing the next week which would hurt our standings because we would drift down with them. They also had a habit of losing a game just before we played them so that our win meant less in the standings. See, FSU would lose to us and then win out as would we. That lifted them in our tailwind but their wins also improved our standing.

ND is for us old-timers because they use to trounce us before our ascendancy, always running up the score. If you were in The Rock in 2017 for the ND game you could feel the meaning. We never, ever, get enough of beating them, beating them big, and most important ruining a season for them. That crowd was the closest thing to a old 80's or 90's game in the OB when we not just the 12 but the 13 because the West end-zone was one all by its frigging self.

UF is a given.
UF, FSU, ND, and Ohio State are all above VTech as far as my hatred goes. Can't believe OSU has been left off so many's lists.

Advertisement
UF, FSU, ND, and Ohio State are all above VTech as far as my hatred goes. Can't believe OSU has been left off so many's lists.
Yeah, hate them too, but they were one hit wonders. The others we played a lot. That said, the is no shame in hating frigging OSU.

VT ranks third on the hate list behind gator and ND so no tears from me. noles suck but the nicely choked in many games that helped us win NCs. VT was always a thorn when we were good. I ****ed when we didn't leave them in Big East. ACC is a mess. If we had a good HS coach we would have one games seasons for next couple years -- Clemson in conference title game.

My hate list (In Order)

1A. FSU
1B. UF
2. Notre Dame
3. Ohio State

This is why I don't understand those saying VTech will be good next year, some predicting them to compete for the Coastal, and many saying they will be one of our toughest opponents. They lost a ton of their better players to graduation and transfers, and they had a really bad recruiting class. UNC, Pitt, possibly even Virginia, are in better shape than VTech for next year.
I swear this was copy and pasted from last off-season

Advertisement
I swear this was copy and pasted from last off-season
Whatever. Doesn't change the fact that after losing a fair number of players last season, this season they are losing even more....as in there has been a mass exodus from their team. A RB, 5 WR!! (including Hazelton and another that would have gotten extensive playing time), an OL and a DL, and they have two more OL and two more DL in the Portal that haven't left yet....and that's just transfers. They also lost a few important players to graduation. In addition to that, unlike last year when they had the #3 recruiting class in the ACC....they have the #14 class thus far this year, and they don't look like they will be making that much better on the Feb. signing day. They have the #71 ranked recruiting class overall. That is MUCH worse than last year when their class ranked in the low 20's. Last year was a downturn for them, but this year they appear to be falling apart. Next year's recruiting class for them looks a bit better, back to the 20's, but of course it's way too early to know if that will hold up.

I'm not even comparing them to us or saying we will whip them because of it. I'm pointing out that UNC, Pitt, and even maybe Virginia are in better shape than they are, but they keep getting brought up as a possible Coastal favorite.

My hate list (In Order)

1A. FSU
1B. UF
2. Notre Dame
3. Ohio State
You must be young for noles to be on top. Most current history makes that understandable. Nothing wrong with that list. I hate the state of AZ too -- losses to PSU and OSU happened there, plus JJ's first bowl loss here.

Advertisement
You must be young for noles to be on top. Most current history makes that understandable. Nothing wrong with that list. I hate the state of AZ too -- losses to PSU and OSU happened there, plus JJ's first bowl loss here.

Lol yeah I'm 34

Bring in Ladler, barring red flags.

That kid is a nice nickel back who could probably even take some of the striker snaps, at worst he is a great special teams and depth guy.

Would also love Hazelton, obviously.
Yeah. Right now the big Ragu is on the 2 deep for the striker position. That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Lol yeah I'm 34
So you missed the 80's and were very young in early 90's. Lots of tragic losses for fsu in those years that were total joy for us Canes. Like me, I love that stupid chop chant. The reason is I went to our games in Tally on exchange program with a nole lawyer I knew. He sat in my seats in the OB and I sat with him in Tally. We had some great comebacks and last minute choke jobs by noles back then while the chant for rocking that it became one of my favorites sounds. Heck I would ever try to start it up sometimes. Parts of the 90's and the last 15 years have been brutal for us against the noles. With that as base experience like that I would hate them too, but I sat in OB in rain for the frigging gator so there is nothing that will ever take those smucks on the top on my list with huge distance between them and second place.

Hey, enjoy the rest of your 30's. You are still young. **** at your age I would drink until dawn and tire a case at 9am, now I take my early nape at 9am. Every decade after that is a real downhill slide so live it up my man. I pray the Canes can pop one more NC to give you the adult memory and I hope it is against ND -- as much as I hate the gators, nothing is sweeter than beating my fellow Catholics. If you were at the Rock for the ND game in 2017, you got a taste of us old farts youth in the OB.

So you missed the 80's and were very young in early 90's. Lots of tragic losses for fsu in those years that were total joy for us Canes. Like me, I love that stupid chop chant. The reason is I went to our games in Tally on exchange program with a nole lawyer I knew. He sat in my seats in the OB and I sat with him in Tally. We had some great comebacks and last minute choke jobs by noles back then while the chant for rocking that it became one of my favorites sounds. Heck I would ever try to start it up sometimes. Parts of the 90's and the last 15 years have been brutal for us against the noles. With that as base experience like that I would hate them too, but I sat in OB in rain for the frigging gator so there is nothing that will ever take those smucks on the top on my list with huge distance between them and second place.

Hey, enjoy the rest of your 30's. You are still young. **** at your age I would drink until dawn and tire a case at 9am, now I take my early nape at 9am. Every decade after that is a real downhill slide so live it up my man. I pray the Canes can pop one more NC to give you the adult memory and I hope it is against ND -- as much as I hate the gators, nothing is sweeter than beating my fellow Catholics. If you were at the Rock for the ND game in 2017, you got a taste of us old farts youth in the OB.

The only game I really remember from the ealry 90's was when we lost to Nbraska in the OB in 95, I just remember my pops being mad, and yeah my first experience of Cane football that I could understand was the Butch Era, and like you said by then FSU was dominating CFB, I would always wonder why Miami couldn't beat florida state, and being from Tallahassee OMG I was around nothing but FSU fans all my friends are FSU fans, so I grew to not like them a whole lot

Advertisement
Back