Vacate Tech

Advertisement
Can't say it was only the "beamer boys" that was jumping ship anymore. I expect the same thing to happen to Norvell in Tally too.

Bring in Ladler, barring red flags.

That kid is a nice nickel back who could probably even take some of the striker snaps, at worst he is a great special teams and depth guy.

Would also love Hazelton, obviously.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is why I don't understand those saying VTech will be good next year, some predicting them to compete for the Coastal, and many saying they will be one of our toughest opponents. They lost a ton of their better players to graduation and transfers, and they had a really bad recruiting class. UNC, Pitt, possibly even Virginia, are in better shape than VTech for next year.

Advertisement
And yet we still lost to them....
Yes, but we should be improved, and they should be worse, possibly MUCH worse, next year given how much they lost and are still losing, and how abysmally bad their latest recruiting class was. Their class was ranked #71 by 247. They had only one 4-star recruit in the entire class. They ranked 14th in the ACC for recruiting this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is pretty much what will happen in todays "transfer portal" climate if your coach tries to sneak in the middle of the night and get another job and then comes back with his tail tucked between his legs after he didn't get it. VT should have fired Fuentes after he pulled that stunt and just started over from scratch.

I can only imagine how many players would have jumped ship on Golden after the "secret HC interview with PSU in a random hotel somewhere in the everglades" fiasco if the transfer portal rules were as relaxed back then as they are now.

Meh. Amateurs.

VaTech is losing a bunch of WRs.

Miami is losing players at nearly every position.
You mean a RB, 5 WRs, a Safety, an OL, and a DL....with two more OL and two more DL in the portal but not yet transferred.

Add that to the losses to graduation, along with the abysmally bad recruiting they had this year (14th in the ACC, 71 nationally) and they are hurting bad right now.

VT ranks third on the hate list behind gator and ND so no tears from me. noles suck but the nicely choked in many games that helped us win NCs. VT was always a thorn when we were good. I ****ed when we didn't leave them in Big East. ACC is a mess. If we had a good HS coach we would have one games seasons for next couple years -- Clemson in conference title game.

Advertisement
Back