Va. Tech vs WVU Discussion thread

Advertisement
I hope VT can win this one. Has not been a super week for ACC with NC State UNC and FSU all dropping out of conference games

Nope. Can't root for VT. I want the team we dominated in the bowl game to dominate them.

If you ever have to work with VT alums you would never root for them.
They are worse than uf and nLame fans.
Heck, just visit their TechSideline board and check out their comments on our program.

Really haven't had too much experience with VT fans since I've never been up there for a game, and with one exception don't normally interact with them when they come down to our games. Usually "empty trophy case" should shut them up pretty quickly.

They're dooshy and it's a hostile place. I won't take my kids there for a game. I take them to UVA.

Been to a bunch of VT games. Yeah, some of their fans are douchy, but we had almost entirely good experiences. Lots of nice times tailgating next to their fans before games and they were always nice and welcoming. It's been years though, so may well have changed.

Typical VT, sound but not really spectacular. Man I hate them-- fans and players all ****y-as-**** punks.

They seem to have an endless supply of big moble qbs with rocket arms.

Nope. Can't root for VT. I want the team we dominated in the bowl game to dominate them.

Heck, just visit their TechSideline board and check out their comments on our program.

Really haven't had too much experience with VT fans since I've never been up there for a game, and with one exception don't normally interact with them when they come down to our games. Usually "empty trophy case" should shut them up pretty quickly.

They're dooshy and it's a hostile place. I won't take my kids there for a game. I take them to UVA.

They're a weird group.
They carry delusions of grandeur but also have massive complex.
They can't stand the fact that we've won national championships and they haven't and
it drives them nuts the few times we get alot of positive pub from the national media.
It is weird how obsessed they are with our program considering that we're not really rivals
and don't have much in common.

The two prgrams kind of go way back. They grew up in our shadow in the Big East, came to the ACC with us as a package deal, we've been playing every year for decades. We may not consider them rivals, but there is a lot more to it than to say we have nothing in common. That bit notwithstanding, what you say about their fans is pretty much dead on. They are a pretty well educated fan base though, in my experience. Stark contrast to what we saw of the WVU fans at RAB.

Advertisement

They're a weird group.
They can't stand the fact that we've won national championships and they haven't and
it drives them nuts the few times we get alot of positive pub from the national media.
It is weird how obsessed they are with our program considering that we're not really rivals

The two prgrams kind of go way back. They grew up in our shadow in the Big East, came to the ACC with us as a package deal, we've been playing every year for decades. We may not consider them rivals, but there is a lot more to it than to say we have nothing in common. That bit notwithstanding, what you say about their fans is pretty much dead on. They are a pretty well educated fan base though, in my experience. Stark contrast to what we saw of the WVU fans at RAB.

To me, college football rivalries involve recruiting much more than anything else and almost as much as simply sharing
a conference.
We don't really recruit the same players and even though they have cherry picked some good talent from Florida over
the years, we have our own regions.
We rarely play uf but they are much more of our rival.
Yeah, I know we were both independents, than played in the BigEast and now ACC.
But aside from them secretly wishing they were us in stature, there is nothing in common and they know it.

All I really wanted to see from this game was VT's QB. He looks like every nomal VT QB, big body, able to run(not blazing speed), and a good enough arm. We knew their defense would be solid but they did lose one of their starters. He might be one of their better players too. I never wish an injury on any player but it didn't look good. I think the players name was Edmunds or something like that.

He was just cramping. Their defense looked like ****.

Advertisement
I think we smoke VT....real talk. Their DBs were getting burnt all game. The biggest mistake WVU made was not going for it on 4 and 1 in plus territory when they had all the momentum. It allowed VT to take next possession, take the lead and the rest was history

They're a weird group.

To me, college football rivalries involve recruiting much more than anything else and almost as much as simply sharing
a conference.
We don't really recruit the same players and even though they have cherry picked some good talent from Florida over
the years, we have our own regions.
We rarely play uf but they are much more of our rival.
Yeah, I know we were both independents, than played in the BigEast and now ACC.
But aside from them secretly wishing they were us in stature, there is nothing in common and they know it.

Their fan base is split. You have the educated engineering types and then you have a shîtload of redneck hillbilly types. It's the redneck hillbillies that cause problems. I know this from VT alums I know as well as from UVA fans/alums.

First game but VT looked very average. QB can run (4.6/7), but not explosive or exceptional passer. WR didn't show me anyone special, average too. The defense looked light up front and wv passed on them pretty good. We should beat them, no other way to put it.

Espn is up to their jock sniffing ride of VT again. Already anointing them and QB...let's go!

Advertisement
We'll know more about what kind of team we might have after the next two games, BCU was such a let down, for me at least, that several teams look like they could be problems for us. I'm hoping it was just a game we were out of sync, I was concerned to read the BCU quarterback say they knew exactly what Miami was going to do defensively or something along those lines.
I think the whole team came in with a little inflated view of themselves and kinda got smacked in the mouth.

Not impressed. Only thing they have is fuente on the sidelines. Dude can coach. I fully expect to win this game.

Advertisement
I think we smoke VT....real talk. Their DBs were getting burnt all game. The biggest mistake WVU made was not going for it on 4 and 1 in plus territory when they had all the momentum. It allowed VT to take next possession, take the lead and the rest was history
kan

Fuente offensive system is going to kill us... they found a QB.

LOL then just pack the program in. if thats the case were done. I've never seen a fanbase get their balls clipped this bad after one practice game. So pathetic. Holy ****.

That's a fair assessment. Truthfully though, I think it was pretty fair for me to expect this squad to dominate that practice game on defense at least. Just don't want any carry over.

UM

Advertisement
Back