Va Tech & Notre Dame..

I have respect for Va. Tech's football program and especially Bud Foster's defensive prowess..I have a hate for Notre Dame that's only surpassed by Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. Since these guy's have had our number for a few years I'm asking all Cane fans to start the positive thought program in advance..

Glad you have respect for Va. Tech.

I have no respect for a "Canes Fan" who hates Notre Dame less than Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. You know Cleveland Gary the All-American who got the winning touchdown against ND called a fumble because of BS. And of course Jimmy Johnson the coach that got us our second National Championship and was a huge part of who we are today.

GTFOH, I've heard it all. I could only imagine what you think of all the running backs we have had in the last 15 years that didn't have the opportunity to fumble the ball in order to keep us as the number one ranking and National champs.

I think daddacane meant that only Jimmy Johnson and Cleveland Gary hate ND more than daddacane (not that daddacane hates JJ and Cleveland Gary -- both clearly Miami legends).

Thanks for clearing this up Young Grasshopper !!!

Advertisement
we lost three close games last year, all could have been wins

and we got our asses kicked in one game, VT

players remember it and i bet they can't wait for the rematch

VT whopped us on a short week at their home with multiple people on or D line injured for that game, we need to handle UNC by halftime and have our starters well rested for VT. that will be the biggest game of the season (coastal game).

by far. it gives vatech(at least) their 2nd ACC loss, and all but guarantees us a lock for the ACC champ game.

VT whopped us on a short week at their home with multiple people on or D line injured for that game, we need to handle UNC by halftime and have our starters well rested for VT. that will be the biggest game of the season (coastal game).

Didn't we travel with something like 50 players?

This is understated and it is a good point. This is our last chance to rest some starters in a game for a whiel

Good thing our coaches aren't going to undersell VT & ND like some on here are doing, and no doubt their fanbases are also saying we haven't beat anybody blah, blah, blah.
Due to what's at stake I don't expect anything less that VT & ND to bring out their A game. Personally I think that both games are winnable, and that our defense will be the difference.
With that said our offense is going to have to convert TD's when we get 1st & goal situations or that may come back to haunt us

Advertisement
we beat ND purely because we don't have the same Center vs. DT matchup as last year....

not sure how many but I know it wasn't near full strength.

Advertisement

not sure how many but I know it wasn't near full strength.

We had DE playing DT and that's when Stan moved to DE. Seemed like everyone was hurt. We actually hung in for 2.5 quarters then just couldn't do it anymore

Virginia Tech has looked good against garbage teams like Old Dominion, Delaware, UNC, and ECU. They looked average against average teams like Boston College and West Virginia. And they looked like garbage against a good team, Clemson. Their stats are over-inflated from playing OD, DEL, ECU, UNC, and BC, but that all goes out the window when they play us.

The only good defense ND has played was Georgia. In that game their stud RB was held to 53 yards on 19 carries and ND only had 266 total yards. They can be beaten by a good defense, and I think we have a pretty **** good defense. I think Manny will follow the recipe that gave Georgia success. Sell out to stifle the run and make them beat you passing. Last week ND was 9-19 passing for 120 yards. I will never fear a team that one dimensional.

Feel better now?

A+ post. ND’s o-line hasn’t seen a d-line like ours. I think our style is REALLY gonna throw them off. Chad Thomas earns his money vs ND.

100% agreed. VT and ND will both be formidable opponents that will give us all they've got, but there is no reason to fear these mf's. If we do what we need to do on D to stop both run offenses including the QB runs, we will win.

There are currently only a handful of teams that are head and shoulders better than we are. And these two are not one of them!

This is understated and it is a good point. This is our last chance to rest some starters in a game for a whiel

True, however the way we rotate guys means our 2nd and 3rd string play a lot more than most teams. Still would be nice for the 3rd and 4th string guys to play the bulk of the reps in the 4th qtr at UNC.

Advertisement

True, however the way we rotate guys means our 2nd and 3rd string play a lot more than most teams. Still would be nice for the 3rd and 4th string guys to play the bulk of the reps in the 4th qtr at UNC.

The second half of this game should be a bye week for our starters. We need to obliterate these guys right out of the gate. If we don't, we will waste a glorious opportunity to rest some guys who clearly could use it.

The second half of this game should be a bye week for our starters. We need to obliterate these guys right out of the gate. If we don't, we will waste a glorious opportunity to rest some guys who clearly could use it.

Get up by 3-4 scores, then start the substitutions in the 3rd.

We would all love to see a 45-3 number here, but a 35-13 final with getting our guys some rest suits me fine.

People on here are going to down play the VT game like they did in in 09.... '13... last year... when are people going to take VT more seriously? other then '05 VT seems to always beats us when it matters most. '04, '09, '13, and last year. Even if we were to somehow lose to UNC that game is for all the marbles because I don't think VT loses another ACC game the way their playing. We need to treat that game like it FSU. Win that game and Virginia is your only threat and we get them at home. UVA also plays both Techs (Ga and Va) and Louisville.

Speaking of being taken seriously, I normally don't afford that luxury to people who misuse then and than, but I'll make an exception in your case because I want to make a point. I'm not downplaying VT by simply pointing out the obvious. They have not been impressive. Neither have we, but you can't look across the ball at VT and tell me what I'm supposed to be afraid of. Same with ND. You might be scared, but you can't say of what.

I am a little scared of their running back Josh Adams. That boy can do some serious damage if you let him get going. Other than that, not scared of anyone.

Advertisement
I have respect for Va. Tech's football program and especially Bud Foster's defensive prowess..I have a hate for Notre Dame that's only surpassed by Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. Since these guy's have had our number for a few years I'm asking all Cane fans to start the positive thought program in advance..

Glad you have respect for Va. Tech.

I have no respect for a "Canes Fan" who hates Notre Dame less than Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. You know Cleveland Gary the All-American who got the winning touchdown against ND called a fumble because of BS. And of course Jimmy Johnson the coach that got us our second National Championship and was a huge part of who we are today.

GTFOH, I've heard it all. I could only imagine what you think of all the running backs we have had in the last 15 years that didn't have the opportunity to fumble the ball in order to keep us as the number one ranking and National champs.

Easy, Big Fella, I think you mis-read what dadda was saying.......read it again.

Virginia Tech has looked good against garbage teams like Old Dominion, Delaware, UNC, and ECU. They looked average against average teams like Boston College and West Virginia. And they looked like garbage against a good team, Clemson. Their stats are over-inflated from playing OD, DEL, ECU, UNC, and BC, but that all goes out the window when they play us.

The only good defense ND has played was Georgia. In that game their stud RB was held to 53 yards on 19 carries and ND only had 266 total yards. They can be beaten by a good defense, and I think we have a pretty **** good defense. I think Manny will follow the recipe that gave Georgia success. Sell out to stifle the run and make them beat you passing. Last week ND was 9-19 passing for 120 yards. I will never fear a team that one dimensional.

Feel better now?

Sure do! Great post, thx bro. As you were...

People on here are going to down play the VT game like they did in in 09.... '13... last year... when are people going to take VT more seriously? other then '05 VT seems to always beats us when it matters most. '04, '09, '13, and last year. Even if we were to somehow lose to UNC that game is for all the marbles because I don't think VT loses another ACC game the way their playing. We need to treat that game like it FSU. Win that game and Virginia is your only threat and we get them at home. UVA also plays both Techs (Ga and Va) and Louisville.

VT isn't very good IMO this year but you are **** right they have our # . So has ND as of late IMO. I worry about both these games but think ND has a much more complete team. VT scares me due to name on the front of the jersey while ND does more so for the names on the back. With that said I think we beat VT 35-22 and ND 41-34 . I think we get our one loss against Clemson and I am cool with that in year 2 .

Advertisement
Back