Va Tech & Notre Dame..

daddacane

Senior
I have respect for Va. Tech's football program and especially Bud Foster's defensive prowess..I have a hate for Notre Dame that's only surpassed by Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. Since these guy's have had our number for a few years I'm asking all Cane fans to start the positive thought program in advance..

Advertisement
Virginia Tech has looked good against garbage teams like Old Dominion, Delaware, UNC, and ECU. They looked average against average teams like Boston College and West Virginia. And they looked like garbage against a good team, Clemson. Their stats are over-inflated from playing OD, DEL, ECU, UNC, and BC, but that all goes out the window when they play us.

The only good defense ND has played was Georgia. In that game their stud RB was held to 53 yards on 19 carries and ND only had 266 total yards. They can be beaten by a good defense, and I think we have a pretty **** good defense. I think Manny will follow the recipe that gave Georgia success. Sell out to stifle the run and make them beat you passing. Last week ND was 9-19 passing for 120 yards. I will never fear a team that one dimensional.

Feel better now?

Virginia Tech has looked good against garbage teams like Old Dominion, Delaware, UNC, and ECU. They looked average against average teams like Boston College and West Virginia. And they looked like garbage against a good team, Clemson. Their stats are over-inflated from playing OD, DEL, ECU, UNC, and BC, but that all goes out the window when they play us.

The only good defense ND has played was Georgia. In that game their stud RB was held to 53 yards on 19 carries and ND only had 266 total yards. They can be beaten by a good defense, and I think we have a pretty **** good defense. I think Manny will follow the recipe that gave Georgia success. Sell out to stifle the run and make them beat you passing. Last week ND was 9-19 passing for 120 yards. I will never fear a team that one dimensional.

Feel better now?

That's why we are ranked higher than both and will be favored over both. Now we need to go execute. We all have flaws but for once I think we can end up on the right side of both of these games.

People on here are going to down play the VT game like they did in in 09.... '13... last year... when are people going to take VT more seriously? other then '05 VT seems to always beats us when it matters most. '04, '09, '13, and last year. Even if we were to somehow lose to UNC that game is for all the marbles because I don't think VT loses another ACC game the way their playing. We need to treat that game like it FSU. Win that game and Virginia is your only threat and we get them at home. UVA also plays both Techs (Ga and Va) and Louisville.

Last edited:
Advertisement
who cares about last year. It doesn't actually really matter. Only fans think like that after kick off and b4 the final whistle (unless itsa blowout)

People on here are going to down play the VT game like they did in in 09.... '13... last year... when are people going to take VT more seriously? other then '05 VT seems to always beats us when it matters most. '04, '09, '13, and last year. Even if we were to somehow lose to UNC that game is for all the marbles because I don't think VT loses another ACC game the way their playing. We need to treat that game like it FSU. Win that game and Virginia is your only threat and we get them at home. UVA also plays both Techs (Ga and Va) and Louisville.

Speaking of being taken seriously, I normally don't afford that luxury to people who misuse then and than, but I'll make an exception in your case because I want to make a point. I'm not downplaying VT by simply pointing out the obvious. They have not been impressive. Neither have we, but you can't look across the ball at VT and tell me what I'm supposed to be afraid of. Same with ND. You might be scared, but you can't say of what.

Speaking of being taken seriously, I normally don't afford that luxury to people who misuse then and than, but I'll make an exception in your case because I want to make a point. I'm not downplaying VT by simply pointing out the obvious. They have not been impressive. Neither have we, but you can't look across the ball at VT and tell me what I'm supposed to be afraid of. Same with ND. You might be scared, but you can't say of what.
Historically VT has always been a tough game for us, even in 01 and 02. It doesn't matter what their stats are, it doesn't matter if we're playing them in Blacksburg or Miami. It's going to be a tough game.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Feel better now?

That's why we are ranked higher than both and will be favored over both. Now we need to go execute. We all have flaws but for once I think we can end up on the right side of both of these games.

We are favored bc we are at home - Va Tech stop the run - ND stop the run - win TO battle

we lost three close games last year, all could have been wins

and we got our asses kicked in one game, VT

players remember it and i bet they can't wait for the rematch

I have respect for Va. Tech's football program and especially Bud Foster's defensive prowess..I have a hate for Notre Dame that's only surpassed by Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. Since these guy's have had our number for a few years I'm asking all Cane fans to start the positive thought program in advance..

Glad you have respect for Va. Tech.

I have no respect for a "Canes Fan" who hates Notre Dame less than Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. You know Cleveland Gary the All-American who got the winning touchdown against ND called a fumble because of BS. And of course Jimmy Johnson the coach that got us our second National Championship and was a huge part of who we are today.

GTFOH, I've heard it all. I could only imagine what you think of all the running backs we have had in the last 15 years that didn't have the opportunity to fumble the ball in order to keep us as the number one ranking and National champs.

Advertisement

I have no respect for a "Canes Fan" who hates Notre Dame less than Cleveland Gary and Jimmy Johnson. You know Cleveland Gary the All-American who got the winning touchdown against ND called a fumble because of BS. And of course Jimmy Johnson the coach that got us our second National Championship and was a huge part of who we are today.

GTFOH, I've heard it all. I could only imagine what you think of all the running backs we have had in the last 15 years that didn't have the opportunity to fumble the ball in order to keep us as the number one ranking and National champs.

I think daddacane meant that only Jimmy Johnson and Cleveland Gary hate ND more than daddacane (not that daddacane hates JJ and Cleveland Gary -- both clearly Miami legends).

Yeah... I was wondering if I read that post correctly.... Ridiculous

I think daddacane meant that only Jimmy Johnson and Cleveland Gary hate ND more than daddacane (not that daddacane hates JJ and Cleveland Gary -- both clearly Miami legends).

let's hope for his sake

Advertisement

Oh ok, I misread, now it makes sense

Feel better now?

A+ post. ND’s o-line hasn’t seen a d-line like ours. I think our style is REALLY gonna throw them off. Chad Thomas earns his money vs ND.

we lost three close games last year, all could have been wins

and we got our asses kicked in one game, VT

players remember it and i bet they can't wait for the rematch

VT whopped us on a short week at their home with multiple people on or D line injured for that game, we need to handle UNC by halftime and have our starters well rested for VT. that will be the biggest game of the season (coastal game).

Advertisement
Back