Va. Tech co-defensive coordinator Scott resigns amid affair

Advertisement
Yeah, I don't get it what does that have to do with his ability to coach, I get it it says something about his character and is a bad look for the university, but resign/fired?

Everything is public these days. You keep this type of stuff at home - not work.

Advertisement
I think he had to quit after this affair hit Twitter.
Someone was spilling the beans, I read somewhere it is the chick's spouse.
Not good optics for recruiting,etc.

Also, I think there are possible issues with him spending VT money on this affair.

Well dayum. That'll do it.

Screen-Shot-2018-04-30-at-1.25.12-PM.png

I don't typically promote the political hoopla,..but that was classic!!!

Well played!!

When I saw this, your up and down votes where split even. This board seems to mirror the divide in the country. Is it nice that Cane football is the one thing we can all agree on?

If he's from the 90% white Family Values, Moral Majority official platform, pointy robes in the closet party, ya, sure

I do not belong to either party and while I don't mind political discussion, I was not hunting for one on this. However, your reply raises a question, sincere one I think. I get the moral majority and the KKK thing but the 90% white family values puzzles me. I grew up in mixed neighborhood long before that was the norm and have long exposure to black American, at least Southerners, I never heard of black family values vs white family values.

Are family values different by race? Politics, sure, but race? Maybe it is a generation thing but that always seemed to be common ground to me. Seriously, there isn't much I don't at least think I know about but your got me with this one. Can you give me the basics of black family values?

Advertisement
On 1 hand, the husband went out like a chump for posting what he did and blaming the coach for his wife stepping out on him. Weak!

On the other hand, the husband went out like a boss for blowing up the coach’s family AND his career. Strong!

There's a double standard but it's the other way. Al Franken resigned and he didn't even cheat, just copped a feel here and there. Meanwhile serial cheater Trump is still president.

Trump was NOT POTUS when the alleged cheating occurred , your stating a FALSE narrative please verify proof of cheating as POTUS.Thank you

GOCANES

Advertisement
You're not suggesting there is a double standard there are you?????
Nope. Standard is the same for both: it is a bad thing. The delta is the reaction. Republicans pretend to be holier than thou and therefore must punish themselves, while the dems elevate known cheaters so a mere "my bad" is good enough. Either way, the real sin appears to be getting caught.

Foster's pretty old at this point. I assume Scott was brought in as an apprentice to take over when Foster retired.

They're going to have to find a different DC in a few years, I guess.

I do not belong to either party and while I don't mind political discussion, I was not hunting for one on this. However, your reply raises a question, sincere one I think. I get the moral majority and the KKK thing but the 90% white family values puzzles me. I grew up in mixed neighborhood long before that was the norm and have long exposure to black American, at least Southerners, I never heard of black family values vs white family values.

Are family values different by race? Politics, sure, but race? Maybe it is a generation thing but that always seemed to be common ground to me. Seriously, there isn't much I don't at least think I know about but your got me with this one. Can you give me the basics of black family values?

I'm mixed race. Which family values am I supposed to use?

Advertisement
Foster's pretty old at this point. I assume Scott was brought in as an apprentice to take over when Foster retired.

They're going to have to find a different DC in a few years, I guess.

Scott is very tight with Justin Fuente.
They were teammates and roommates at Illinois State and I believe Scott was the matchmaker with
Fuente and future wife.

Foster's only 58. I find that shocking. I assumed he was at least 10 years older.

I guess I thought he was old since he's been the OC at VT for at least 30 years.

Advertisement
Back