Va. Tech co-defensive coordinator Scott resigns amid affair

Advertisement
You're not suggesting there is a double standard there are you?????
There's a double standard but it's the other way. Al Franken resigned and he didn't even cheat, just copped a feel here and there. Meanwhile serial cheater Trump is still president.

Advertisement
There's a double standard but it's the other way. Al Franken resigned and he didn't even cheat, just copped a feel here and there. Meanwhile serial cheater Trump is still president.
Apples vs. Bananas. Al Franken did it at work which is sexual harassment. Trump was a rich dude who banged hot chicks outside of marriage. Not a crime & not unwanted. Another non crime you'd like to impeach for. Sorry in advance to the board. No more politics for me here.

Yea let’s just leave the politics out of it.

But why does someone have to resign for a personal matter?

Unless he’s banging a booster’s wife, which you just don’t dip your wick there, that’s really bad judgement.

This is only justified if it’s somebody employed/affiliated with the football program, ie, he’s banging one of the other coaches wives, a married athletic department employee, etc. Let’s say he’s having an affair with a married female professor at the school that has nothing to do with football or any other person unaffiliated with the program, then that’s his business.

I know he resigned, but it must have been a fireable situation, and you don’t get fired for personal private behavior unless there’s a direct connection to your employment where your employer has some form of employment contractual prohibition or “morals clause”. Most do.

Advertisement
Yea let’s just leave the politics out of it.

But why does someone have to resign for a personal matter?

Unless he’s banging a booster’s wife, which you just don’t dip your wick there, that’s really bad judgement.

This is only justified if it’s somebody employed/affiliated with the football program, ie, he’s banging one of the other coaches wives, a married athletic department employee, etc. Let’s say he’s having an affair with a married female professor at the school that has nothing to do with football or any other person unaffiliated with the program, then that’s his business.

I know he resigned, but it must have been a fireable situation, and you don’t get fired for personal private behavior unless there’s a direct connection to your employment where your employer has some form of employment contractual prohibition or “morals clause”. Most do.

I thought the exact same thing. I don't know anything about Fuente personally but the article almost implied that the affair was a violation of some moral code he setup there. VagTech ain't BYU or even a service academy so (barring any of the things you mentioned) this should've had zero impact on his job.

Advertisement
So funny that everybody takes the high moral road when it comes to extra marital affairs, but statistics say otherwise. As long as you're not using your authority over a subordinate to force them into a relationship, then it's personal and has nothing to do with your non-political job. That's for the dude or woman to deal with their spouse.

So funny that everybody takes the high moral road when it comes to extra marital affairs, but statistics say otherwise. As long as you're not using your authority over a subordinate to force them into a relationship, then it's personal and has nothing to do with your non-political job. That's for the dude or woman to deal with their spouse.

Patrice is my favorite comedian of all-time!

I’m not and I’m not sure any else is either.

It’s one thing to ***** around. That’s your business.

When it happens with people you work with, though, that can change the dynamic. I’ve seen it too many times. Work and morale suffer. Nonetheless, even then, there are usually specific circumstances where it’s a fireable offense vs where it isn’t.

Advertisement
May have been an offense that dictated firing, but "referring" to it as a "resignation" saved face for him, Fuente, and the university.

Advertisement
Back