UVA vs Canes Tonight @ 7PM on ACCN

So even when we’re posting all night and happy about the win, these cats have to call people out. This is why the gloves come off when we lose.
Another nice deflection. The negative fans just don't get it. You live to over critique and predict overall failure. People despise this type people and behavior. Nice win tonite and the team is doing very well! Let's enjoy and see what they can do.

Advertisement
It’s so pathetic. They think every win is a “gotcha” moment. No matter how many times it’s explained that people get upset because WE WANT TO WIN. The irony is that while the supposed miserable crew is celebrating a huge Friday night win, the few weirdos that don’t get it are busy making themselves look like the miserable ones.
View attachment 181340
Oh don't worry fella, we enjoyed the heck out of that gane! Great win. Go Canes!

Yeah you are but not your fault. Back story with this "fan" who is on his 10th userid and has been banned a bunch. It was a baserunning blunder. And I have no issues pointing out mistakes and team issues..
I’m very familiar with the cast of characters here. Been around 10 years but only started posting regularly a few years back. You specifically pointed out that very benign post about the base running as an example of a negative post. I guess what I don’t understand is what you think the comments should look like when referencing getting picked off 1st base. Should we cheer? Ignore it all together and pretend it didn’t happen?

Another nice deflection. The negative fans just don't get it. You live to over critique and predict overall failure. People despise this type people and behavior. Nice win tonite and the team is doing very well! Let's enjoy and see what they can do.
I honestly don’t know which category I fall into, if I fall into either. But it seems to be more people despise the put your head in the sand whenever something is going wrong, don’t dare post a negative thought, 15-0 fantasy land, message board police that some weirdos around here have become.

Amazing win tonight… we had our hold breath moments (Palm in the 1st and Mac in the 7th) but winners win.

All eyes on Ligon tomorrow night biggest game of his life and can really propel his confidence
Agreed.
I honestly don’t know which category I fall into, if I fall into either. But it seems to be more people despise the put your head in the sand whenever something is going wrong, don’t dare post a negative thought, 15-0 fantasy land, message board police that some weirdos around here have become.
I agree. Over optimism is annoying! At the house I scream about the mistakes and flaws. I just feel the boards should be a balanced discussion. Pet peeve I guess. The fans that in the middle of the game post that we suck, season over, fire the coach, the worst kind of fan. Good to talk with a sane person!

Advertisement
I’m very familiar with the cast of characters here. Been around 10 years but only started posting regularly a few years back. You specifically pointed out that very benign post about the base running as an example of a negative post. I guess what I don’t understand is what you think the comments should look like when referencing getting picked off 1st base. Should we cheer? Ignore it all together and pretend it didn’t happen?
Gotcha, probably should have picked another post, good point!

Agreed.

I agree. Over optimism is annoying! At the house I scream about the mistakes and flaws. I just feel the boards should be a balanced discussion. Pet peeve I guess. The fans that in the middle of the game post that we suck, season over, fire the coach, the worst kind of fan. Good to talk with a sane person!
That’s fair. But instead of screaming at their house some people let it out here. Of course there have been reactions occasionally that are way over the top but for the most part 90% of “negative” posts are very mild reactions to a negative play that just occurred. I just don’t think that makes anyone a better or worse fan because of it. I guess it just seems every game thread lately has been derailed by someone going back and checking receipts for anyone that had the slightest negative post and then it just unravels into a bickering match. All good though, just letting out my thoughts. Going to enjoy some beach time in Jupiter before a big night of Canes baseball and Panthers hockey. See you all this evening, GO CANES!

I have lurked for a couple of years, but this topic piqued my interest. I coached a high school team for a couple of years here in FL. I have multiple guys playing in the pros and countless playing in college at the D1 level. I think as baseball fans, we tend to second guess almost every move the players/ coaches make. This is the nature of the game. There are things that are given “rules” of the game, but then there are things that are out of our control.

Example- last night all we needed was a fly ball in one situation, and we grounded into a double play. As a critic, I would say WTF was that guy thinking?!?! But as an ex player/head coach, I understand that maybe the pitcher made the pitch he needed to make, and we just got bested in that situation.

I seem to fall right in the middle. There are things that I would do differently than DiMare, but there are also things that I know are just part of the game. I was never “negative” towards my guys, I would say I was tough on them and expected mistakes, but not mental mistakes. We can all jump on dumb mental mistakes, but errors and execution by opposing teams is tough to pile on for…just my two cents

That was fantastic. Committed 3 errors, base running mistakes, Palm wasn’t sharp, and pretty much dominated a 26-3 team. We’re rolling and haven’t even come close to reaching our ceiling as a ball club
I'll take Palmquist's box every outing from here on out against a ranked team. 2 hits, 2 runs, 0 earned, 8 Ks, 3 walks in 6 innings of work. UVA makes you work. Huge start for Ligon tonight.

Advertisement
I'll take Palmquist's box every outing from here on out against a ranked team. 2 hits, 2 runs, 0 earned, 8 Ks, 3 walks in 6 innings of work. UVA makes you work. Huge start for Ligon tonight.
Oh absolutely. In fact, I give him even more credit for that stat line given that my eye balls told me he wasn’t as sharp as he can be and Virginia has been one of the best offenses in college baseball.

Another nice deflection. The negative fans just don't get it. You live to over critique and predict overall failure. People despise this type people and behavior.
Except I did none of that. Everything I have posted for weeks has been positive.

I have lurked for a couple of years, but this topic piqued my interest. I coached a high school team for a couple of years here in FL. I have multiple guys playing in the pros and countless playing in college at the D1 level. I think as baseball fans, we tend to second guess almost every move the players/ coaches make. This is the nature of the game. There are things that are given “rules” of the game, but then there are things that are out of our control.

Example- last night all we needed was a fly ball in one situation, and we grounded into a double play. As a critic, I would say WTF was that guy thinking?!?! But as an ex player/head coach, I understand that maybe the pitcher made the pitch he needed to make, and we just got bested in that situation.

I seem to fall right in the middle. There are things that I would do differently than DiMare, but there are also things that I know are just part of the game. I was never “negative” towards my guys, I would say I was tough on them and expected mistakes, but not mental mistakes. We can all jump on dumb mental mistakes, but errors and execution by opposing teams is tough to pile on for…just my two cents
Good thoughts. Only thing I would counter with is you’re coming from the perspective of a coach. As a coach if you’re very negative to your players that can impact their performance. This is a bunch of guys bs’ing on a message board. Romero isn’t sitting in the dugout reading the game thread losing confidence because Stoopid311 has been disappointed with his performance this season.

Advertisement
And the better news is that he wasn't that sharp at all early in the game IMO (falling behind a lot, getting squeezed a little by HP ump), but he was definitely mentally tough enough to work his way out and stop the early rally at 2 runs.

@WanderFranco Pay attention, negative post 1. Do I need to keep going?? Not picking on you @ewcanes , just taking candy from this "fan".

@WanderFranco Skipped a bunch, just another one for ya!! See you in May.
let it go GIF

It’s so pathetic. They think every win is a “gotcha” moment. No matter how many times it’s explained that people get upset because WE WANT TO WIN. The irony is that while the supposed miserable crew is celebrating a huge Friday night win, the few weirdos that don’t get it are busy making themselves look like the miserable ones.
View attachment 181340
It’s been this way for years. I simply don’t get it. Especially when every year the little things us “negative fans” ***** about is the reason we lose in post season or even worse don’t make post season.

This is BY FAR the most positive I’ve seen this baseball board since joining almost a decade ago… and that includes our 2 fluke Omaha runs where we were there for a cup of coffee.

But yet here they are like a broken record critiquing every members fanhood on the board. They think we’re the issue, they really are because this board is flat out awesome with the small group that is in here posting for every pitch

Advertisement
It’s been this way for years. I simply don’t get it. Especially when every year the little things us “negative fans” ***** about is the reason we lose in post season or even worse don’t make post season.

This is BY FAR the most positive I’ve seen this baseball board since joining almost a decade ago… and that includes our 2 fluke Omaha runs where we were there for a cup of coffee.

But yet here they are like a broken record critiquing every members fanhood on the board. They think we’re the issue, they really are because this board is flat out awesome with the small group that is in here posting for every pitch
1649514972595.png

If this is the official game thread that "vs" needs to be changed to "bs". In the words of Michael Scott, I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious.
Didn't get changed and we still won - are we safe sticking w vs? I prefer bs for the same reasons as you do.

Advertisement
Back