UTOUGH

Too be honest, I think our guys are too heavy... RS players were faster because he emphasized speed whereas Golden wants size which compromised our speed... Our players are bigger but they are slower... I don't really see much in conditioning as well... I actually felt the conditioning was fine but our players are too heavy and slow...

Advertisement
Cane305 is spot on. We get pushed all over the field by EVERY opponent, especially if they are anywhere near top 25 caliber.

UTOUGH so far has failed miserably.

Our problem isn't that other team's linemen are bigger or stronger. They're better coached on how to beat our guys at the LOS. Technique is a critical part of this and our guys seem to not be getting good coaching with technique.

Too be honest, I think our guys are too heavy... RS players were faster because he emphasized speed whereas Golden wants size which compromised our speed... Our players are bigger but they are slower... I don't really see much in conditioning as well... I actually felt the conditioning was fine but our players are too heavy and slow...

that's bs. Golden said he wants guys bigger while keeping speed. Some of these guys that shannon has were inherited from coker. lamar miller, dorsett, etc didn't lose their speed. Guys like AJ, Rodgers, Gaines, Ty, etc just aren't great athletes and will never be fast.

After the FSU game(doesn't include Auburn)...Lamarcus Joyner on Miami

“Gotta embrace the challenge,” Florida State cornerback Lamarcus Joyner said after the victory. “We know what kind of football team they are. We know for a fact if we have to play those guys again in the ACC championship, then it won’t be an easy championship game.”

Joyner called Miami “the toughest team we’ve played this season. Despite the scoreboard, that does not determine the way, how physical those guys played us. Those guys played our hearts out, and if we have to see them again in the championship, I can tell you that’s going to be a pretty hard-nosed championship game.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc (see Best-case scenario for FSU: Miami rematch).

Advertisement

that's bs. Golden said he wants guys bigger while keeping speed. Some of these guys that shannon has were inherited from coker. lamar miller, dorsett, etc didn't lose their speed. Guys like AJ, Rodgers, Gaines, Ty, etc just aren't great athletes and will never be fast.

Well I'm just stating what I observed... Our defense has been slow... FAU wideouts was getting behind our secondary... Any team who got to the outside of our defense found success... We are slow on defense...

Advertisement

Well I'm just stating what I observed... Our defense has been slow... FAU wideouts was getting behind our secondary... Any team who got to the outside of our defense found success... We are slow on defense...

the secondary is not slow at all, to be honest the secondary kept us in some games, if there were FAU players getting behind our secondary (which i didnt see at all) it was because of the scheme or the players ******* up in the zone coverage

if there is something slow it is guys reaction time, some guys just didnt see the play quick enough to react in time, and those were mainly our LBs

the secondary is not slow at all, to be honest the secondary kept us in some games, if there were FAU players getting behind our secondary (which i didnt see at all) it was because of the scheme or the players ****ing up in the zone coverage

if there is something slow it is guys reaction time, some guys just didnt see the play quick enough to react in time, and those were mainly our LBs

When UNC TE is running 5 yard drags for long tds the defense slow... FAU just didn't have a qb but their wideouts were behind us... You may not want to believe it but our secondary is slow... Too be fair outside of Bush and Burns they are pretty slow..

I can't believe people are still sitting here saying we are slow on defense because our guys are too big.

We are slow on defense because we run a **** reactionary scheme and we have **** players at half the positions.

No S&C coach on the planet is going to save that one.

Advertisement

that's bs. Golden said he wants guys bigger while keeping speed. Some of these guys that shannon has were inherited from coker. lamar, dorsett, didn't lose their speed. Guys like AJ, Rodgers, Gaines, Ty, etc just aren't great athletes and will never be fast.

great point
The guys golden inherited on defense were naturally slow. Now that he's upgrading the talent we should see a difference in speed.
But for anyone to say utough makes them slower doesn't know what he's talking about.

Last edited:

“Gotta embrace the challenge,” Florida State cornerback Lamarcus Joyner said after the victory. “We know what kind of football team they are. We know for a fact if we have to play those guys again in the ACC championship, then it won’t be an easy championship game.”

Joyner called Miami “the toughest team we’ve played this season. Despite the scoreboard, that does not determine the way, how physical those guys played us. Those guys played our hearts out, and if we have to see them again in the championship, I can tell you that’s going to be a pretty hard-nosed championship game.”

The FSU game was in reach if we score the first drive of the 2nd half. They were fighting on the sideline before the half. We had a chance. They made adjustments on offense and we didn't react on defense. We need Ken Dorsey at QB that first drive -- we didn't have him. Team did play hard and scared the Noles for a half with visions of ALL their defeats by us. Unfortunately, the loss stole our heart and I think the team's trust in the staff. I think we actually were a great QB away from another great memory for us and nightmare for FSU. Utough is not the problem nor a sole solution. We need DTs and a QB, and some better coaching. This class has some DTs and we now have 2 potential solutions at QB. Staff need to step up. We were closer than it looked in game 8. After that, we were so far away it just hurts.

Am I the only person that remembers half our team cramping on what seemed like every play? Jeez!

Advertisement
The truth is that most NCAA strength and conditioning programs aren't great.

They are pretty generic because you have a hundred guys in racks and everyone is
doing the same thing. I train guys for the NFL Combine so I've seen programs for
Lots of the big schools and they're not revolutionary or ground breaking.

I have Tommy Moffits LSU program and it isn't great. They do ten 110's before lifting
sometimes. And if you've seen one of LSU's summer workout videos you can see
some really bad form on Olympic lifts. What makes Moffit so good is the caliber of
players he's training. Nobody blasted Swassey when he was the strength coach of
our championship teams because the players were so good.

The 2009-11 recruiting classes have set us back. The last 3 have brought in a lot of
talent, so this year we should see a lot of improvement because the talent has gotten
playing time as Fr & So and are starting to have the experience that's so important.

the secondary is not slow at all, to be honest the secondary kept us in some games, if there were FAU players getting behind our secondary (which i didnt see at all) it was because of the scheme or the players ****ing up in the zone coverage

When UNC TE is running 5 yard drags for long tds the defense slow... FAU just didn't have a qb but their wideouts were behind us... You may not want to believe it but our secondary is slow... Too be fair outside of Bush and Burns they are pretty slow..

First off that is probably a first round TE
Second most of the time a LB is covering a TE, at least in our ****** scheme
Third our players tackled each other and because of that ****** scheme no one else was near the play
Fourth defenses are going to look slow when you have LBs and DEs cover receivers

The FSU game was in reach if we score the first drive of the 2nd half. They were fighting on the sideline before the half. We had a chance. They made adjustments on offense and we didn't react on defense. We need Ken Dorsey at QB that first drive -- we didn't have him. Team did play hard and scared the Noles for a half with visions of ALL their defeats by us. Unfortunately, the loss stole our heart and I think the team's trust in the staff. I think we actually were a great QB away from another great memory for us and nightmare for FSU. Utough is not the problem nor a sole solution. We need DTs and a QB, and some better coaching. This class has some DTs and we now have 2 potential solutions at QB. Staff need to step up. We were closer than it looked in game 8. After that, we were so far away it just hurts.[/QUOTE

We had it *** backwards, most well coached teams start slow and get better, we reversed that trend. Beating the cupcakes and then U***, if we "continued to improve", the end of the season could have left optimism instead of pain. We lacked talent yes, but the season speaks volumes as to coaching and the teams progress or in this case regress. It's a new season with new recruits and the question is can Golden get this together. Guess we all got opinions on this.

UTOUGH is starting tonight and this is one of my favorite tradition of all time here. Im anxious too see who toughs it out and who steps up as a leader :stormwarning::stormwarning::stormwarning::neonu::neonu::neonu::quag::quag::quag:

I thought this was the latest tradition...

PattyCake-disney-femslash-31232550-1274-750.jpg

Advertisement
Back