UT and Golden

Advertisement

Why do our writers hate our teams so much? Maybe S. Florida has become superficial enough to the point where the only way you can get readers if you are writing controversial **** just to elicit a response.

Can we have normal writers? FML

They are a reflection of the South Florida fanbase. Negative.

Miami may not have a huge fanbase "because they're a private school" but please don't lump them in with the hack frauds that are South FL journalists. It's real easy, put a winning product on the field and the stadium will miraculously fill itself and produce a great gameday atmosphere. Act like you been there...

Did any of you catch a glimpse of the questions that were being flung at him today during his interview? They were baiting him to say something about Tennessee or him leaving. Fvck the sorry excuse for media down here. It's like they want to keep piling negativity on the university.

Exactly. They just wouldn't leave the ******* subject alone.

I mean, Bernardino's probably right. Nobody would blame Golden if he looked elsewhere. Ironically, the reason that's the case is because of the toilet-scum level of journalists down here.

I like Al Golden a lot at UM and don't want him to leave. However, if I were a UT fan and had their resources and fanbase, I would expect to hire a big name or the top assistant in the country. Not a guy like Golden, who at this time, has accomplished nothing. For UT, hiring Golden is like hiring another Dooley.

Advertisement

Why do our writers hate our teams so much? Maybe S. Florida has become superficial enough to the point where the only way you can get readers if you are writing controversial **** just to elicit a response.

99% of South Florida beat writers went to schools other than the University of Miami (mainly rival schools like UF, FSU, USF, etc...) and grew up hating the U

99% of South Florida beat writers went to schools other than the University of Miami (mainly rival schools like UF, FSU, USF, etc...) and grew up hating the U

That is why there isn't one journalist down here covering sports.

Advertisement
How about....

Randy_Shannon_70723.jpg

THIS.

Golden seems very adamant about seeing his plan through here. He seems enamored with Miami's history and understands he can build a very talented team in a loaded recruiting ground inside of one of the weaker major conferences. He's made multiple comments about digging in and being here for the long haul.

I honestly think he wants to be like Jimmy Johnson and he wants to win a ring at the U. He isn't very passive or diplomatic when asked about other jobs, he's all in at Miami right now. Like I said, why go slug it out in the SEC when you can sit in a weak conference, recruit south Florida, and end up winning 9+ games every year with ease.

If either FSU or Miami are up and running at full strength, they should have little to no opposition every year inside the conference.

Well, if golden leaves, he wouldn't have to buy a new tie for Tennessee.

This might be a bad sign for us

Advertisement
I'd like to see Golden come out and make a statement saying: "I'm not leaving Miami and I am not interested in other job offers."

While limiting his job options down the road, it would surely cement his status here for recruiting purposes.

I'd like to see Golden come out and make a statement saying: "I'm not leaving Miami and I am not interested in other job offers."

While limiting his job options down the road, it would surely cement his status here for recruiting purposes.

That means nothing. Didn't Saban say the same thing before bolting to Bama?

Advertisement

He basically has.

Golden should say:

"Look guys, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not Nick Saban. When I say something, I mean it."

Two birds.

Where is Al more likely to win?

SEC: Bama, LSU, SC, UF, TA&M, UGA, Arkansas, Auburn; or
ACC: FSU, Clemson, and VT.

Ha.

I think that you guys are not worried enough about this. Not only Tennessee, there are plenty of jobs out there that would be more money and less hassle. Consider us lucky if AG stays put.

Advertisement
Back