UT and Golden

Where is Al more likely to win?

SEC: Bama, LSU, SC, UF, TA&M, UGA, Arkansas, Auburn; or
ACC: FSU, Clemson, and VT.

Ha.

What's funny about this is that on sports radio in Orlando today, I had to listen to FSU media basically say they wanted out of the ACC because the ACC is keeping them from competing for national titles. I had to remind them that playing in the Big 12 or the SEC isn't going to help them avoid losing to NC State. It's quite remarkable how delusional FSU fans are- if they had simply beat NC State, they are in the discussion right now regardless of how bad Miami, VT, etc.. is this season. And surely they understand that their losing multiple games to bad ACC teams the past few seasons is not going to be made easier by joining KState, Oklahoma, Texas, etc.. but to each their own.

As to the true topic at hand- I really do not see Al Golden leaving Miami right now. He could, but I've never had the impression from him that he's a school jumper for the sake of jumping. He could have left Temple earlier than he did, but he waited for the job that he wanted. I think he wants to be at Miami. I do not think that he is a college football lifer, though. I envision him extremely similar to Jimmy Johnson. He'll build Miami up, he'll get us winning here as much as he can, and then I think he's eventually on to the NFL. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back